Black Friday Shoppers Destroy Walmart Displays

I think for some it's less about the deal and more about the rush of being involved in the craziness...

and all the "americans wtf" trolls can go fuck themselves

well im an american and im thinking WTF.....i dont associate myself with the animals in these videos

I spent 6 years working through 20+ hour shifts on Black Fridays in a big electronics store/chain. I do not miss the pandemonium at all. Observing 10,000-12,000+ people going through one place in one day with no regard for anything really gives you a unique perspective on humanity. So when Black Friday rolls around now, I just keep my ass in bed.:D

Yeah, you are right . ..but it is amazing because those items on a BF deal are simple loss leaders- so why invite that kind of chaos and liability on the first day when you have 3 weeks until Christmas. Around the holiday time, the consumers first dollar is not their last. .I cannot believe folks would blow the wad in one shot in one store.

some people died in the rush last year, yet they still turn a blind eye, profits baby, it's all about the money to them

After working black friday's at a major retailer during my college years, I've already lost hope in humanity.

Yeah, you are right . ..but it is amazing because those items on a BF deal are simple loss leaders- so why invite that kind of chaos and liability on the first day when you have 3 weeks until Christmas. Around the holiday time, the consumers first dollar is not their last. .I cannot believe folks would blow the wad in one shot in one store.

I just wish they would all stay open around the clock the evening before, let people in a controlled fashion squat in the store until midnight, properly enforce occupancy capacity laws with proper law enforcement, things would go a lot smoother. If we are going to have to deal with cattle-like people, we need to at least make it where they don't kill each other.

I can personally attest the reason for the mayhem was WM's unsystematic system! It took me almost two hours just to pay for a laptop which I stood for in line for more than an hour. Their system was really bad when you have to stand in line from the check out counter just to get a laptop and then you also need to check out entirely from the store. So even those people who went into the store just for the laptops have to wait for everybody else's full check out just to get a laptop! Whoever designed this system should be fired or at least made suffer to stand in line for two hours.

I can personally attest the reason for the mayhem was WM's unsystematic system! It took me almost two hours just to pay for a laptop which I stood for in line for more than an hour. Their system was really bad when you have to stand in line from the check out counter just to get a laptop and then you also need to check out entirely from the store. So even those people who went into the store just for the laptops have to wait for everybody else's full check out just to get a laptop! Whoever designed this system should be fired or at least made suffer to stand in line for two hours.

One of the many reasons i refuse to shop there whenever possible. They treat their customers and employees like shit. They put in 40 registers and only ever staff 8-10 tops. They operate as if you owe them the chance to buy this shit for so cheap, so you're going to wait as long as we decide to make you wait for that privilege. They do it silently, by simply not doing anything to make it better. And the freaking lemmings line up and trample each other for that opportunity to get treated like shit, while the stockholders sit back and laugh rolling in the dough and the RoC gets rich.

^^ the sad part is, as the video shows, seems many people suck it right up! Our species is doomed.

Paraphrasing Gandhi or whoever said it, if our species was measured not by its highest achievements but for its lowest actions, we wouldn't deserve to rule this planet. Doesn't matter if we find god's particle or establish a colony in Mars, while we witness pathetic events like this.

</sunday night rant>

I don't understand it all. The Victoria Secret video, for example. Do they just grab the items and steal them, or do they queue up and wait 30 minutes to pay for it?

Often longer than that, but yeah.

The one time I went to a black Friday sale, like 5 years ago, I went looking around for something neat to buy no planning, I saw the cash register line snake all the way to the back of the store down one aisle, come back to the front in another aisle, and go all the way back again in another aisle. After that I said fuck it, my time is worth more than what I'll save.

Paraphrasing Gandhi or whoever said it, if our species was measured not by its highest achievements but for its lowest actions, we wouldn't deserve to rule this planet. Doesn't matter if we find god's particle or establish a colony in Mars, while we witness pathetic events like this.

</sunday night rant>

honestly, i have to be careful not to rant on this......but I honestly feel like we need a cleansing of sorts of our planet, at least of the US to keep things in perspective, but yeah.....even though a lot of good undeserving people would perish, i feel like for the good of humanity, we need an event....

Code:
Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation from this

Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Fret for your figure and
Fret for your latte and
Fret for your hairpiece and
Fret for your lawsuit and
Fret for your prozac and
Fret for your pilot and
Fret for your contract and
Fret for your car.

It's a
Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will cuz
I sure could use a vacation from this

Silly shit, stupid shit...

One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.

Learn to swim.

Mom's gonna fix it all soon.
Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to be.

Learn to swim.

Fuck L Ron Hubbard and
Fuck all his clones.
Fuck all those gun-toting
Hip gangster wannabes.

Learn to swim.

Fuck retro anything.
Fuck your tattoos.
Fuck all you junkies and
Fuck your short memory.

Learn to swim.

Fuck smiley glad-hands
With hidden agendas.
Fuck these dysfunctional,
Insecure actresses.

Learn to swim.

Cuz I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom please flush it all away.
I wanna watch it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.

Time to bring it down again.
Don't just call me pessimist.
Try and read between the lines.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend.

I wanna see it all come down.
suck it down.
flush it down.

a.) Don't get the Texas hate. Most of the incidents on the news have been from California. When the worker was killed a couple of years ago, it was in New York. This stuff is happening all over.

b.) Interesting how every generation thinks their times are the worst. I'm guessing most are too young to remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sOlIvx7Pvs

same story, all over again. I remember going with my mom to pick up one of these when I was a kid. People were beating each other up, ramming carts into each other, diving into the stacks, tearing up crates. Has nothing to do with feeling privileged or being American. I've seen people all over the world fight each other to see stars like Michael Jackson. As one said earlier, people are animals, and in groups they act like any wild herd or flock anywhere.

a.) Don't get the Texas hate. Most of the incidents on the news have been from California. When the worker was killed a couple of years ago, it was in New York. This stuff is happening all over.

b.) Interesting how every generation thinks their times are the worst. I'm guessing most are too young to remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sOlIvx7Pvs

same story, all over again. I remember going with my mom to pick up one of these when I was a kid. People were beating each other up, ramming carts into each other, diving into the stacks, tearing up crates. Has nothing to do with feeling privileged or being American. I've seen people all over the world fight each other to see stars like Michael Jackson. As one said earlier, people are animals, and in groups they act like any wild herd or flock anywhere.

uh yeah....it's not just this generation....its' society at large, humans suck

I understand there are many hard feelings concerning this but remember..

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get."

You will get people like these all the time, but you have to take the good with the bad. Not to sound like selfish concerning humanity, but there is not much that separates us from savagery. Moments of rage that we all experience will get the bad side of us out. Does that mean that we have to call for the end of humanity or call for the doom of our existence?

C'mon people, don't let your emotions get the best of you.

damm, i used to work at that same store. #789
crazy bastards. half of those people probably end up lining up on the layaway line. since that's reopened.

I drove past Wednesday nights near bestbuy around 6p.m I saw 9 tents put up with lines stretched about 6 blocks....................................... I think most of them wanted the 42'' sharp lcd for about 225 but bestbuy only hands out 10 coupons for those

I think that stores want this to happen. Walmart has had several bad PR instances due to this. Yet they continue to let things get out of hand. It cannot be legal for that many people to be in that building, that had to be a violation of fire codes.

But the thing is if people do it, they sort of get in a frenzy they stop thinking, it is the ultimate sales tactic. They just grab and buy. And that is exactly what you want if you are a retailer. Thougtless purchasing and rushing to make people forget that they are paying MSRP for most of that junk.

I don't live in Europe :)

ok so where do you live?

in the middle east where less than 100 years ago they were running around the desert cutting each other's heads off...the same thing they'll be doing 100 years from now once they've squandered the greatest resource the world has ever known?
eastern asia where governments have traded the health and well-being of their citizens for economic growth?
don't even get me started about africa
or the former penal colony of australia?
get off your high horse
stupid people have saturated every corner of the earth :rolleyes:

Its funny how these people endure all that trouble just to grab some random video games that they may or may not want. They are buying stuff just because its on discount, irrespective of whether they need it or not.

Gives new meaning to that "people of walmart" website. There's something about Walmart that correlates with (or rather, draws in) the grotesque members of society. I was at the local mall in my state (CA) at midnight when it opened. The sales were pretty sweet. I stood in one checkout line for 1 hr 40 min and didn't make it home 'til after 4 AM -- it became drudgery once the exhaustion hit. Of course, you wake up feeling like it was all worth it after all. In terms of the fellow shoppers, everyone was kind and courteous, lots of excuse me's and sorry's during the hustle and bustle. No pushing or shoving that I witnessed. The topless male models outside Abercrombie and Hollister were a surprise, and one woman tripped on the stairs walking into the store as she was staring at one of them. T'was a good night. Due to the long lines, the girl and I just couldn't hit up all the stores we may have wanted to.

Walmart sucks.

In my hometown, some woman shot someone in the face with pepperspray at a walmart to make sure she got what she wanted!

I stayed home and read about it in the newspaper the next day.

Theres a reason why I dont go out on B/F or Dumb Thursday Night for that matter, and its called people.

This really brings home the idea that large portions of the population just need to sterilized.

welcome to what Marxism and liberalism does to the masses. Get out and vote next year or build a bunker lol

with facial recognition technologies these animals could be separated from the heard for neutering and also the animals that reared them . :p

Yeah moron, compare football hooligans to the average American. That is probably the only way you can see yourselfs in a positive light.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world is slowly growing to hate you more and more.

Yeah moron, compare football hooligans to the average American. That is probably the only way you can see yourselfs in a positive light.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world is slowly growing to hate you more and more.

If you think this video shows the average American, you're worse than the people in this video.

The pinnacle of consumerism and sadly it appears to be spreading, dunno why but I find it slightly ironic it appears after Thanksgiving....it just doesn't seem right.

Back