Black Friday Shoppers Destroy Walmart Displays

I'm developing a gas for that to be used at BF stores.

Don't worry, masks will be provided to protect the unfortunate security staff and cashiers.

Haha, I just got the best idea! Offer a super discount for those who sterilize themselves!

What kind of discounts are drawing these crowds? I went to a department store in Canada today and bought a food processor, regular price 330 dollars I got it for 280. I had a store attendant remove three different models from the box so I could examine them, the whole process took about 15 minutes for the sale. That food processor would have to be about 50 bucks for me to deal with the scene in the video.

So again, what kind of sales are in real USA black friday?

wal-mart had BF3 and MW3 for 1/2 off around here, best buy had a sharp 42 inch lcd for $200

On boxing day (Our version of black friday in canada) we form orderly lines outside the stores, and they let us in several people at a time, and we patiently wait our turns to get into the store.

Same with the big stores like Best Buy or Wal-Mart, we form a line outside the store, and the store personal let us into the store in groups of 10's, and we patiently wait to get into the store. If you came the night before, you deserve to get into the store first and get all the deals, not, mad rush and trample your fellow man like wilderbeast
Well occasionally that happens, and to be honest probably originally happened. Then someone went and fucked things up with the "line what line" mentality and just rush stores when they open.

I do have to say while barbaric I do have to laugh at it when the people who camped out for 2 days prior to be "first in line" gets pushed aside like a piece of paper.

Wow, what a bunch of frickin animals.

I stay away from that Rage Friday garbage, but a friend of mine went to a Walmart Supercenter a bit away from town and he said it was very civilised as they made people get in a single file line when the deals were unwrapped at 10pm.

While those frickin neanderthals are just animals, that Walmart shares part of the blame as they really NEED to find better ways of doing this crap each year. They already KNOW who the types of people who shop at Walmart are, they need a company wide policy about using a roped off line system like that Walmart I talked about above.

Sad to say this, but I have not been out shopping on Black Friday in 7~8 years now. I tend to find the same deals or better the week after anyway.

No offense, but what the hell is wrong with you american's?

On boxing day (Our version of black friday in canada) we form orderly lines outside the stores, and they let us in several people at a time, and we patiently wait our turns to get into the store.

You take after the British. I remember seeing a video once that showed rioting in the UK, and the rioters broke into a store, and get this - they were waiting in line for their chance to go in and loot the store! Rioters - waiting in line, to loot a store they'd broken into.

Quote from this link: "Gangs of youths were free to break into stores at nearby Tottenham Hale retail park and in Wood Green, with looters forming an orderly queue in broad daylight to steal from a sports shop. It seems nothing, not even a riot, can conquer the British queuing instinct. They would form an orderly line at the gates of hell."

No offense, but what the hell is wrong with you american's?

Same with the big stores like Best Buy or Wal-Mart, we form a line outside the store, and the store personal let us into the store in groups of 10's, and we patiently wait to get into the store. If you came the night before, you deserve to get into the store first and get all the deals, not, mad rush and trample your fellow man like wilderbeast
That's how it goes down 99% of the time here as well, but that doesn't get put on YouTube. I waited outside Best Buy for the better part of a day to snag that tv deal, and actually had a great time hanging out with fellow shoppers. When it came time to open up, it was quite orderly. I was in and out in 20 minutes with my brand new tv.

I think this varies by depending on what part of the country you are in. Where I am at (Okahoma) we all lined up on an isle and at the very end was the Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle. It was very civil, there was no mad rush or anything. Now back in Electronics the crowd did get a little rowdy but it was NOTHING like in the video posted here. YMMV.

Reminds me of that Stephen King movie, The Mist. A group of people get locked in a grocery store while all kinds of monsters roam around outside. Within a couple of days, they revert to brain dead, religious psychopaths killing people they didnt trust. I always thought that was complete bullshit and that we wouldnt totally revert back to neanderthal's that quickly and would stay "evolved".

Looks like I owe Stephen King an apology.

This kind of event could be avoided if Wal Mart was a responsible business.

There are reasons that there are occupancy limits for buildings, and I have to wonder how WalMart gets away with obvious violations that are documented on tape.

My wife works retail (she is a store manager for a national clothing retailer) and they control how many people are in the store at once. They let people in, in a controlled fashion, until they get to a certain number. After that, no one comes in until someone leaves. Keeps the place controlled, keeps people from being trampled to death (once again at a Wal Mart two years ago?).

Yet another reason to avoid WalMart like the plague.

Clips like these make me really appreciate the values my parents enforced on me.

Are those Xbox games? Truly a sad sight.

This is exactly why the rest of the world thinks Americans are idiots.

Black Friday is the only day of the year when prices are where their suppose to be all year round, the rest of the year the consumers are being gouged.

Black Friday is the only day of the year when prices are where their suppose to be all year round, the rest of the year the consumers are being gouged.

you cannot gouge the market. the market will bear what it bears. If the year round prices were gouging, things would not sell. People would not buy them, and prices would fall. You want prices to be lower, figure out how to stop people from buying for an extended period of time. It's all about supply and demand.

I think this varies by depending on what part of the country you are in. Where I am at (Okahoma) we all lined up on an isle and at the very end was the Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle. It was very civil, there was no mad rush or anything. Now back in Electronics the crowd did get a little rowdy but it was NOTHING like in the video posted here. YMMV.

"Where I am at (Okahoma) we all lined up on an isle" like brainless cattle waiting for your pockets to be emptied. Marketing works wonders.

This is exactly why the rest of the world thinks Americans are idiots.
In the EU we have the same, although we don't have a black friday in strict sense, when some store networks opens the night with insane deals the people jump and stand on each other, or wait 2 days in front of the building to get there first and greedily taking everything they see. This entire society is retarded already.

And the point?they buying stuff they never needed and wont ever need

the local Walmart here did not close the night before. Instead they have moved to keeping the store open 24/7. Around 8pm the evening before the store aisles get crowded where you can't get around very easy, people surround pallets like the one in the video. At 10pm they unwrapped some of them. Then at 12am they unwrapped the highly sought after electronics items. you grab yours and move and the next grabs his and so on.....no standing at doors outside

Those people in that video are sick, and I mean like, just sheer barbaric mindless unintelligent animals. Very sad.

That big woman that got crushed for a moment and then got back out... I can only imagine that after a moment or two she forgets about what happened and is back into the same sickly material-obsession and greed she might have had before she got crushed.

*sigh* :(

I watched the clip again a few times. Trying to determine whether she was in it or closer to being an innocent bystander (in which my assumptions in Post#58 would be incorrect/inaccurate).

It would sure suck if you were a short person in that walmart. Easy crushing victim.

you cannot gouge the market. the market will bear what it bears. If the year round prices were gouging, things would not sell. People would not buy them, and prices would fall. You want prices to be lower, figure out how to stop people from buying for an extended period of time. It's all about supply and demand.

Let me ask you "what do Corporations and Cartels have in common"? and then come back and explain to me about supply and demand and free enterprise.

When the store was cleared the workers discovered feces and satanic writing on the display. It's not true but you know that wouldn't surprise anyone. :p

I watched the clip again a few times. Trying to determine whether she was in it or closer to being an innocent bystander (in which my assumptions in Post#58 would be incorrect/inaccurate).

It would sure suck if you were a short person in that walmart. Easy crushing victim.

10 seconds in - she basically jumped in the box of games, leaning way over into it going through everything in the box. That's what led to her being lower than the kid behind her who at 20 seconds in decided to just climb over her to get to the box. At 50 seconds in she's back on her feet and actually looking at the box beside the one she had jumped into. Then you see a police officer pushing people back shortly after and she has to back away from the box.

I'd rather pay full price for stuff than go through that shitstorm.

Let me ask you "what do Corporations and Cartels have in common"? and then come back and explain to me about supply and demand and free enterprise.

I'm not the one making broad stroked statements that all year long consumers get price gouged. (even though they are buying it up)

The burden of proof is upon you and probably best suited for another thread.

Meanwhile I remain disgusted by society at large.

A day where Americans can show the rest of the world what single-minded arseholes they truely are.

Not to different from a bunch of Arabs burning a flag, is it?

Makes me glad I'm not American and live in a far more civilised nation. Although we already knew this prior to such videos. It's dumbfounding to think that the nation everyone is meant to look up to harbours such insolent trash and so many.

Makes me glad I'm not American and live in a far more civilised nation. Although we already knew this prior to such videos. It's dumbfounding to think that the nation everyone is meant to look up to harbours such insolent trash and so many.

Yeah, because its not like some European countries nearly burn a city down every 4 years over a football game.

Don't even try to pretend that shit like this doesn't happen in your own country. Every country in the world has been invaded by stupid people.

She has no one to blame but herself, she basically crushed the entire Xbox carboard pallet all on her own. You can see her reaching her claws in the brown paper box before she crushes the display stand.

What kind of discounts are drawing these crowds? I went to a department store in Canada today and bought a food processor, regular price 330 dollars I got it for 280. I had a store attendant remove three different models from the box so I could examine them, the whole process took about 15 minutes for the sale.

What kind of food processor are you buying for $280? Even the good ones are under $200 on amazon? Maybe you're talking about a stand mixer? Blender?

And they should have kicked you out of the store for wanting to open and inspect every single box :rolleyes: Not worth the 10 or 20 dollars they made off of it.

Back