Black Friday flail starts!!!!!!

Meh..... I'm hoping someone has some 240 or 500 GB SSD's for a decent price. I should have hopped on a deal Newegg had last week for a pair of HP 500 GB with a "free" 120 GB all for $200.

Black Friday and Cyber Monday are just marketing now, way more than they used to be.

"Samsung 70" TV for only $699!!" *only 2 available at this price*

I have seen better deals on normal sales than most of these for the past few years, with the exceptions of the big door buster deals on big items with super limited stock at those prices just to get people in the store. And while I love Amazon and am addicted to it, they have been some of the worst with this, along with using super high "MSRP" prices to make it look like huge discounts when its still normal price.

The other thing with TV's is they have special models/SKU's just for BF. Cheap out on components, and then blow them out because people expect it, and then sell their normal TV's for normal price.

Black Friday and Cyber Monday are just marketing now, way more than they used to be.

"Sharp 70" TV for only $699!!" *only 2 available at this price*

I have seen better deals on normal sales than most of these for the past few years, with the exceptions of the big door buster deals on big items with super limited stock at those prices just to get people in the store. And while I love Amazon and am addicted to it, they have been some of the worst with this, along with using super high "MSRP" prices to make it look like huge discounts when its still normal price.
Fixed.

I just keep waiting for those 4TB SSDs to drop in price...but if anything, they've gone up in price since I first started looking at them.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The other thing with TV's is they have special models/SKU's just for BF. Cheap out on components, and then blow them out because people expect it, and then sell their normal TV's for normal price.

Those are the Doorbuster and Costco/ Walmart/ Target specials. Lots of regular TVs for the current and previous model year get fairly deeply discounted. The three tvs I bought in Samsung's 2014 pre-thanksgiving sale totaled several thousand off and were the regular models.

Sony XBR77A1E 77-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart BRAVIA OLED TV (2017 Model)

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-XBR77A1E-77-Inch-Ultra-BRAVIA/dp/B06XD1WXKZ/

List Price: $17,998.00
Price: $14,998.00 FREE Scheduled Delivery
You Save: $3,000.00 (17%)

Isn't Sony selling off, or has already sold off, its TV line?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Isn't Sony selling off, or has already sold off, its TV line?
There's been rumors going around for years but nothing has yet to happen. Outside of OLED, their high end TVs (9 series+) are more well-rounded than the competition right now.

There's been rumors going around for years but nothing has yet to happen. Outside of OLED, their high end TVs (9 series+) are more well-rounded than the competition right now.

Pioneer Kuros were the best TVs at their time, which did not stopped them going the way of the Dodo.

Pioneer Kuros were the best TVs at their time, which did not stopped them going the way of the Dodo.
Having a single line of expensive plasmas certainly did not help Pioneer in a time when plasma TVs were being phased out. And nobody wanted to develop 4K plasma due to R&D cost and final cost to consumers. I don't see LCD TVs going anywhere in the next decade.

I went through 80% of that list and saw a bunch crap that they are trying to get rid of.

Best Buy will have the Asus VG248QE for $170.

I will be buying that. I'm still a 1080p gamer with a crappy monitor. Have been wanting one of these and watching off and on for a while now. This is the lowest I have ever seen it.

50 inch 4k Sharp for $179 on BF.

Screw all of your 2 to 5 grand tvs. I'm getting four or five of these for Xmas presents!

https://bestblackfriday.com/ads/best-buy-black-friday

going to try and grab that myself if i can get there early enough along with a insignia 39" 1080p for the living room since that's the largest tv my tv center can hold and 2 more 8TB external drives which will be 130 for the known WD red drives instead of the off model version that has been on sale the last couple days that has WD white label red drives. going to be an expensive black friday for me, lol.

Last edited:
going to try and grab that myself if i can get there early enough along with a insignia 39" 1080p for the living room since that's the largest tv my tv center can hold and 2 more 8TB external drives which will be 130 for the known WD red drives instead of the off model version that has been on sale the last couple days that has WD white label red drives. going to be an expensive black friday for me, lol.

Enjoy being pushed punched trampled on! :eek:

Enjoy being pushed punched trampled on! :eek:

If I lived in a big city there isn't a chance in hell I'd attempt it. But people here aren't very tech savvy so there's a good chance I might get lucky since we have 3 Best buy's here for some odd reason.. if it looks bad I'll just turn around and go home. Still need to find the Black Friday ad's for the regional electronic stores though.

You let us know how comfortable that tent you'll be camping out in is (y)
3 of us are doing two 8 hour shifts prior to doors open. 48 hour wait in total, but only 16 hours for each of us. Seems extreme,but god damn does it feel good when you get vouchers and placement markers that the entire 1,000+ people behind you didn't.:)

Won't be the first one in line for sure, but I should be top 10.

3 of us are doing two 8 hour shifts prior to doors open. 48 hour wait in total, but only 16 hours for each of us. Seems extreme,but god damn does it feel good when you get vouchers and placement markers that the entire 1,000+ people behind you didn't.:)

Won't be the first one in line for sure, but I should be top 10.

That's some got-damned retail dedication right there

Back