Black Friday deals.

Thanks. If they halved $180, that would still be a good deal on that keyboard. Anything below $100 and I'll bite immediately. I've been watching prices and had auto-notify alerts up on FW and SD forums for a couple months now. I wouldn't object to a full-sized, backlit Corsair with multimedia keys, but I doubt I'll ever see their RGB, new in box, for $100.

If you're willing to take a refurb and a tenkeyless....http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsai...act-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-na-refurbished

But yeah just be aware that the 910 is ASS to type on for anything longer than a sentence, it really new keycaps as it was geared a bit too much IMO towards gamers and sacrificed a quality typing experience to be tailored towards gaming only.

If you're willing to take a refurb and a tenkeyless....http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsai...act-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-na-refurbished

But yeah just be aware that the 910 is ASS to type on for anything longer than a sentence, it really new keycaps as it was geared a bit too much IMO towards gamers and sacrificed a quality typing experience to be tailored towards gaming only.

Been thinking about snagging this up.

Can you verify, is the only difference between this RGB and the regular K65 is the RGB lighting?

Been thinking about snagging this up.

Can you verify, is the only difference between this RGB and the regular K65 is the RGB lighting?

Well the hardware/software that drives the lights and onboard profiles and whatnot is different obviously for the RGB (extra hardware needed to drive/control the lights), and the cable (K65 is detachable, K65RGB isn't) and the color of the keyboard (Gray = 65, Blackish = 65RGB) and then the wrist-rest. ~EDIT~ Also there is no USB passthrough.

That being said if you were considering a K70 RGB the refurbs have gone for $105 in the past so if the numpad is something you want (or set it up as a macro pad) you might want to wait and see if they dump them on BF or CM. I am not sure on the K95RGBs as I've never seen them sold refurbished but they just added a listing for one so I am willing to be we will see them in the near future.

Just bookmark the store and every day or so do a search for "Refurb RGB" and it will pull them up and you can check and see if anything is in stock, and by "In stock" I mean it would say "Special Price" and not be listed at full MRSP and when you click on it it would have "add to card" under it not "find a retailer".

EDIT:

Also be aware that Corsair hasn't exactly been stellar in terms of QC in the past (as in the lifetime of backlit keyboards), if you did get a dead LED on the board it has a warranty even if refurbished and you can usually catch one of the Corsair guys around and a post on reddit's mechanical keyboard area tends to summon them up post haste if you aren't a dick [love my new keyboard but an led is out, any tricks to see if it can be revived?]

I also see they added refurb RGB mice so they might be dumping a new batch soon or just prepping for BF/CM.

Last edited:
Well the hardware/software that drives the lights and onboard profiles and whatnot is different obviously for the RGB (extra hardware needed to drive/control the lights), and the cable (K65 is detachable, K65RGB isn't) and the color of the keyboard (Gray = 65, Blackish = 65RGB) and then the wrist-rest. ~EDIT~ Also there is no USB passthrough.

That being said if you were considering a K70 RGB the refurbs have gone for $105 in the past so if the numpad is something you want (or set it up as a macro pad) you might want to wait and see if they dump them on BF or CM. I am not sure on the K95RGBs as I've never seen them sold refurbished but they just added a listing for one so I am willing to be we will see them in the near future.

Just bookmark the store and every day or so do a search for "Refurb RGB" and it will pull them up and you can check and see if anything is in stock, and by "In stock" I mean it would say "Special Price" and not be listed at full MRSP and when you click on it it would have "add to card" under it not "find a retailer".

EDIT:

Also be aware that Corsair hasn't exactly been stellar in terms of QC in the past (as in the lifetime of backlit keyboards), if you did get a dead LED on the board it has a warranty even if refurbished and you can usually catch one of the Corsair guys around and a post on reddit's mechanical keyboard area tends to summon them up post haste if you aren't a dick [love my new keyboard but an led is out, any tricks to see if it can be revived?]

I also see they added refurb RGB mice so they might be dumping a new batch soon or just prepping for BF/CM.

Thanks for the info.

I like a num pad because I use them at work all day so any time I am typing numbers I can blindly use them however, my desk is just a small cheap desk and I find myself hitting the KB with my mouse while gaming often so I think the 10 keyless would be the way to go for me.

Just been waiting for the right deal on a mechanical kb and these seemed nice.

Thanks for the info.

I like a num pad because I use them at work all day so any time I am typing numbers I can blindly use them however, my desk is just a small cheap desk and I find myself hitting the KB with my mouse while gaming often so I think the 10 keyless would be the way to go for me.

Just been waiting for the right deal on a mechanical kb and these seemed nice.

Corsair hid the new listings they had added on the refurb RGB mice and 95RGB so I'm willing to bet there will be some BF sale on them

Was hoping for a deal on a refrigerator. BB "black friday" deal is no cheaper than current prices @ anywhere including BB unless they arent posting their prices yet? ;(

That's certainly a matter of preference and not fact, I personally love the way the 910 feels when typing, definitely type faster on it with less resistance, less keystroke travel when I type on my wife's 910 compared to my 710 blue with more feedback than chiclet style laptop or flat keyboards.

The only thing that takes a bit of getting used to is the top of the keycaps themselves, they are angled slightly rather than flat.

In any case, G910 is on display in every BB I've ever been to so anyone who is interested should definitely take a trip and test for themselves.

That generator at Sam's club is a great deal. $199 is the cheapest I have ever seen for a genset like that.

if anyone is eyeballing it, skip the Kitchenaid at Sam Club. Thats one of the shitty, weak ass motor, models. You'll have nothing but problems unless you are whipping up pan cakes.

That generator at Sam's club is a great deal. $199 is the cheapest I have ever seen for a genset like that.

if anyone is eyeballing it, skip the Kitchenaid at Sam Club. Thats one of the shitty, weak ass motor, models. You'll have nothing but problems unless you are whipping up pan cakes.

Kitchenaid in general is pretty shitty when it comes to mixers, they've cut far too many corners in reducing internal quality of parts. I think the only mixer they make that I'd even consider recommending is a bowl-lift model and even then it would come with some caveats.

Are internal hard drives something that usually go on sale? I'm pretty sure mine is dieing ><

Using the phrase "sale" rather loosely here but yes you will see a "sale" on some hard drives.

In the past I've actually found better deals on externals than internals that I just cannibalized it for the drive (after some research to see what drive was inside of it) and then just tossed the enclosure and kept some of the connectors for other projects.

The "problem" is hard drives go on sale all the time, so unless you get an extremely good deal on an external like mentioned above just wait for the deal/drive you want and go after it.

oooh a geforce 8400 for free (after MIR).. I mean that's almost worth getting out of bed over :D

You live off 75 in Dallas?

That's what I was thinking. That said, a lot of times, the deals are not as great as they seem. Gotta add 8%+ tax. There was a time, when Fry's combo deals were unbeatable. You could get a CPU+MB for less than the price of the CPU online...sell the MB and then by whatever MB you really want. That said, the AV software deals are nice, but I miss getting Norton for free. Guess I could try Kaspersky again, but 8 years ago (when it was considered the best), I really hated it.

I recently upgraded from an Italian version of the Logitech g15 v2 keyboard to a new corsair k70 rgb. Took a day to get used to the key sensitivity but good God damn does it type. I'd vouch for the k70 in a heartbeat. Also screw black Friday. It used to be great. Now they start the deals on Thursday during dinner time. People used to camp out Thursday in parking lots and bbq their food while they waited for stores to open at 12:01am. Now it's hard to find even a decent deal on electronics without scouring the web and hoping someone has been paying attention to recent prices to know whether or not it's actually a deal.

Black Friday is nothing like it used to be 10 years ago.

Good find!

I can't see details on the generator because I'm not logged in (not a Sams Member). Just make sure that it's a 4-cycle generator and not a 2-cycle. You can't beat $200 for a backup for when the good one goes down.

Don't forget your guns cause it wouldn't be Black Friday without the world watching white trash Americans shoot each other over saving $10 on an Xbox game! Anyone want to start a BF death count betting thread?

Don't forget your guns cause it wouldn't be Black Friday without the world watching white trash Americans shoot each other over saving $10 on an Xbox game! Anyone want to start a BF death count betting thread?

I'm in

Comply Foam Tips actually have a pretty nice deal going on. Spend $25 and get a 3-pack of Comfort Plus tips with code "GetStuffed". Definitely worth their price.

3/7 were car accidents, that's not really anything unusual. So 4 since 2006.

Back