Black Friday Deals

HardOCP News

[H] News
How many of you plan on doing some [H]ard core Black Friday shopping this year? Are you going to brave the elements and wait in line for hours to get a crack at deals this year or are you taking a pass? It seems like sub-$200 laptops are the big thing for Black Friday this year, Best Buy has one, Wal-Mart has one and so on. What’s on your Black Friday list?

nothing, the commercialization of Christmas turns me off

I buy my shit earlier in the year so I don't end up like one of the tools who waits in line for deals that aren't. It's humorous how people are willing to kill each other to get sub-$100 dvd players like they did a few years ago.

Why participate in that madness when you'll be able to buy one for that same price AFTER Christmas? There's a reason I tend to give money every year.

I've decided on a PS3 as my Black Friday purchase... Well, a PS3 and about 15 games. :D

Plus the usual; clothes, shoes, etc.

Laid off and can barely afford food and rent, so not a single present this year no matter how good the deals are.

I have a feeling a lot of people are in the same boat.

I grabbed a couple $50 Blu Ray drives off Newegg today. I won't be doing any shopping tomorrow.

Not much that retailers are offering that online e-tailers are not price matching or offering the same deals on the same exact models or products...

i'm an avid black friday go'er and love the camping out the night before stuff, but no tax, free shipping, no lines.. can't beat that.

bought a copy of "Grid" on STEAM today.
i'm a happy camper.
Now only if they will do sale on Left4Dead 2

You could have picked up L4D2 from Dell for 30bux, thats what I did:) As for shopping tomorrow, I will be working a 12-14 hr shift probably even with it being my birthday too, double tear:(

I wasn't planning on going out tomorrow... but...

About 24 hours ago I became violently ill... Worse I've been sick in about 23 years...

So, I plan to go out tomorrow... First absolute asshat I meet, I plan to get in their face, tell them exactly how I feel, and BREATHE ON THEM HEAVILY...

Bwahahahahaha...

I haven't eaten anything in about 40 hours, and didn't really drink anything for 24... Great stuff!

Nothing just shell out 2500.00 on tuition last week :( just glad I'm healthy and didn't get sick this year (first time ever :D) If anything ill pick up a usb pen drive or 2 if there on sale!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Me too, just dropping to say happy turkey day! I'm going for the drum stick and thigh... mmm, mash tatters and stuffing too MmMmMMmM. :D

Hey, if people like going to stores on Black Friday, enjoy.

Me..I'd rather be home and warm this Friday. I guess the idea of standing in a line with dozens of other people for some SLIM chance to buy something I probably don't need and most likely don't want isn't that thrilling. My comfort and time is worth more then fighting a small horde of people for a slim chance of something.

That and half the time, the Black Friday deals are a non-deal, or on an item with less features then the one usually sold (I forget the term for that).

I wasn't planning on going out tomorrow... but...

About 24 hours ago I became violently ill... Worse I've been sick in about 23 years...

So, I plan to go out tomorrow... First absolute asshat I meet, I plan to get in their face, tell them exactly how I feel, and BREATHE ON THEM HEAVILY...

Bwahahahahaha...

I haven't eaten anything in about 40 hours, and didn't really drink anything for 24... Great stuff!

Sorry to do two posts in a row.

Hey..is your stomach also rough? If you can deal with being queasy, you could eat like 8 ounces of bacon and a bunch of pork rinds or some such right before you head out and barf all over the guy too.

Sorry to do two posts in a row.

Hey..is your stomach also rough? If you can deal with being queasy, you could eat like 8 ounces of bacon and a bunch of pork rinds or some such right before you head out and barf all over the guy too.

I'm sure that's illegal. I'd have to make some effort to not vomit on him.

Breathing on 'em's incidental. Anyone within six feet of me's in trouble, according to the CDC...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone
Hope you guys all have a great time:cool:

There's no black friday at where I live here, but there are some crazy sales period that I tend to stay away from. Camping outside retail stores is just not something I would do (well, unless they are giving away free 50inch TV or so :p)

I'm going. Probably going to buy a bunch of games for me for my Xbox, going to get my brother a dvd player, my mom a printer, and if I have enough hopefully i'll order parts for my dad for a christmas build.

I'm sure that's illegal. I'd have to make some effort to not vomit on him.

Breathing on 'em's incidental. Anyone within six feet of me's in trouble, according to the CDC...

Well the barfing suggestion was a joke. :) Well mostly a joke. Okay, I was going to leave it up to you to decide if such was wise or not. :)

Back