Black Friday Deals on LG C2 OLED @ Best Buy

Armenius

Extremely [H]
Possibly the lowest prices I've seen on the C2 lineup so far. I may grab the 65" to replace my 55" C8.

42" for $900 $1,000
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-42-...4k-uhd-smart-webos-tv/6501500.p?skuId=6501500

48" for $1,050
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-48-...4k-uhd-smart-webos-tv/6501499.p?skuId=6501499

55" for $1,300
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-55-...4k-uhd-smart-webos-tv/6501498.p?skuId=6501498

65" for $1,700
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-65-...4k-uhd-smart-webos-tv/6501491.p?skuId=6501491

77" for $2,500
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-77-...4k-uhd-smart-webos-tv/6501489.p?skuId=6501489

83" for $4,000
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-83-...4k-uhd-smart-webos-tv/6501488.p?skuId=6501488

Looks like this is a LG deal. You can save a couple more bucks at Amazon if you don't mind having it delivered to you.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09RMLLJPX <- Landing page for the 55", but you can pick another size from the list like Best Buy.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Not quite "stop what you're doing" price territory, but decent.

I think my magic pricepoint for a 83" is $2500, even if an older model or a Microcenter refurb, since there are barely generational differences for the last few. Will hold out with my 63", skip the 77" and wait.

A few weeks ago Costco had the 83" C1 for $2499, but was YMMV - only a few per store, and not every store.

Not bad, I'm personally waiting for 2nd gen Samsung OLED TVs in something larger than 65", maybe a 75" next year?

I'm holding out for Plasma to come back :)
Wanna buy my 50" Plasma so I can get an OLED?
Picture is great on it,
IMG_3301.JPEG

Are the C1s out of circulation? Seemed they dropped some key features from the C1, like black frame insertion I think, and some other useful display settings.

Are the C1s out of circulation? Seemed they dropped some key features from the C1, like black frame insertion I think, and some other useful display settings.
BFI looks like a strobe light to me. I’m not sure how people can tolerate it. I have to look away instantly.

The C2 dropped BFI @ 120Hz, which is what most people who like that feature would use. They kept BFI @ 60Hz.......which is nothing great these days, and most people who own high-refresh displays are going to want 120Hz.

For most it's a moot point because they're going to be using VRR/G-Sync instead of BFI (they aren't compatible) but there ARE fans of BFI and I'm not sure why they'd drop a feature that would cost nothing to leave as is.

Samsung is doing OLEDs?!
Looks like they need a couple years to perfect them.

From Rtings:

9.1Mixed Usage

The Samsung S95B is a fantastic TV overall. Its self-emissive panel technology is superb for watching movies or gaming in a dark room. HDR content looks superb thanks to its high peak brightness and exceptional color gamut. It also has an exceptional viewing angle, so you can enjoy an accurate image from any angle, making it amazing for watching sports or TV shows. Sadly, it uses an extremely uncommon pixel layout that results in noticeable color fringing and blurry text, so it's not well-suited for productivity use as a PC monitor. It's also best suited for completely dark rooms, as it has raised blacks in a room with any ambient lighting, and the screen has a pink tint to it.
PROS

• Near-infinite contrast ratio for perfect blacks.
  • Fantastic reflection handling.
  • Incredibly bright colors.
CONS
  • Aggressive ABL can get distracting with large areas of brightness.
  • Raised blacks if it's in a room with any ambient light.

Would these make a good (not great) monitor? Currently I have a Mac Studio hooked up to an LG Ultrafine 4k 24 inch monitor. I'd like to go 5k (I know these are not) or go OLED, I'd like both but not spending $$$.

Would these make a good (not great) monitor? Currently I have a Mac Studio hooked up to an LG Ultrafine 4k 24 inch monitor. I'd like to go 5k (I know these are not) or go OLED, I'd like both but not spending $$$.
I am using a 42" C2 as my main monitor on my PC, it is fantastic imo. I had the 42" Asus one that uses the same panel but it is plagued with firmware issues and has a lot less options for picture fine tuning/adjustments so I returned it. I have a service remote (like 5 bucks on Amazon) and turned off all the dimming stuff, those things on may or may not bother you.

Looks like they need a couple years to perfect them.

From Rtings:

9.1Mixed Usage

The Samsung S95B is a fantastic TV overall. Its self-emissive panel technology is superb for watching movies or gaming in a dark room. HDR content looks superb thanks to its high peak brightness and exceptional color gamut. It also has an exceptional viewing angle, so you can enjoy an accurate image from any angle, making it amazing for watching sports or TV shows. Sadly, it uses an extremely uncommon pixel layout that results in noticeable color fringing and blurry text, so it's not well-suited for productivity use as a PC monitor. It's also best suited for completely dark rooms, as it has raised blacks in a room with any ambient lighting, and the screen has a pink tint to it.
PROS

• Near-infinite contrast ratio for perfect blacks.
  • Fantastic reflection handling.
  • Incredibly bright colors.
CONS
  • Aggressive ABL can get distracting with large areas of brightness.
  • Raised blacks if it's in a room with any ambient light.

Yeah, not shocking I suppose. Even Sony is getting their OLED panels from LG.

I've got an 82" Samsung midrange QLED already but with as much as I watch TV in a dark room, I'm really noticing its failures compared to OLED with blacks.

83" tv?

wat

There is a 97" for $25,000. To be fair, it's not on sale :ROFLMAO:
There's a 98" TCL TV right now for $5k on slickdeals actually, normally $8k. Much cheaper ones are on the way. The problem is getting it installed (180 pound monster!) on your wall... as well as if you want to ever swap it out for something newer or if it breaks. Personally I'll be going with a projector for 120" next yearish. It's a massive difference.

I am using a 42" C2 as my main monitor on my PC, it is fantastic imo. I had the 42" Asus one that uses the same panel but it is plagued with firmware issues and has a lot less options for picture fine tuning/adjustments so I returned it. I have a service remote (like 5 bucks on Amazon) and turned off all the dimming stuff, those things on may or may not bother you.

Do you recall which exact remote?

There's a 98" TCL TV right now for $5k on slickdeals actually, normally $8k. Much cheaper ones are on the way. The problem is getting it installed (180 pound monster!) on your wall... as well as if you want to ever swap it out for something newer or if it breaks. Personally I'll be going with a projector for 120" next yearish. It's a massive difference.
The LG I referenced is still an OLED. It only weighs 120 pounds.

nice price but waiting for HDMi 3.0 and 480hz
I'm assuming this is a joke but that's going to be a long wait :) Took a ridiculously long five years (2022 models) for all the high-end brands to support HDMI 2.1 (late 2017 finalized/released) natively. Doesn't even appear to be any initial discussion yet of post-2.1 standards, much less an official release ETA.

But I too am waiting for better TVs, irregardless of HDMI standards. Still using a Sony X930E from 2017 I got on discount in late 2018. It was the last high-end LED TV designed without PWM. Now all "high-end" LEDs have cost-cutting quality-reducing PWM tech in them, but of course none of those cost savings have trickled down to consumers. So the X930E was effectively the last true high-end LED. And I still don't like the various disadvantages of OLED, even though I would be willing to pay the price. So my wait for an upgrade continues...

Costco sent out an email blast with these LG OLEDs for the same prices so it looks like a National Mfg Sale for the holidays.

Main difference with Costco is you get the 2 year warranty (mfg+Costco Concierge) + 3 year All-State (SquareTrade) warranty for total of 5 years for normal use/wear and tear warranty. I know some people who swear by and only buy TVs from Costco, not totally sure why. I know the days of showing up with broken screens on TVs asking for refund or replacement are long gone due to abuse (shocker).

For some of the larger TVs mentioned in this thread, I'd definitely recommend professional installation, mainly for CYA and on-site damage inspection. BestBuy is a good choice there as their install services are pretty affordable normally but free with TotalTech membership which also includes 2 year warranty.

Do you recall which exact remote?
I have the 42 C2 and love it, I ordered this model remote and it worked perfectly MKJ39170828
Double check the Mac Studio, it may not be able to provide 4K 120Hz over HDMI.

I have the 42 C2 and love it, I ordered this model remote and it worked perfectly MKJ39170828
Double check the Mac Studio, it may not be able to provide 4K 120Hz over HDMI.

Thanks. I pilled out a tape measure and looked at 42 inches at my desk. I can easily put it further away, but that is just too much monitor in my room.

I do have another LG OLED TV that I could use the remote with.

Yeah, not shocking I suppose. Even Sony is getting their OLED panels from LG.

I've got an 82" Samsung midrange QLED already but with as much as I watch TV in a dark room, I'm really noticing its failures compared to OLED with blacks.
Sony's A95K is based off the Samsung QD OLED panel and its their flagship model, just crazy expensive at $3K on sale for just a 65" unit. Samsung's unit is much more palatable at $1800 on sale for the 65" but it has more shortcomings. Hopefully next year's model addresses them, some of which the Sony already does but at a much higher price tag:

1. 65" max size (same for both Sony and Samsung)
2. Lack of Dolby Vision (Sony does support Dolby Vision)
3. Raised Blacks with Ambient light (Both units)

There's also various pros/cons compared to LG OLEDs, like more vivid colors, less risk of burn-in (no white OLED), while the LG doesn't have the issue with raised blacks with ambient light and better input lag for gaming. I typically never buy the first iteration of a "new" product or market entry products for this reason, to give them time to work out the biggest glaring issues.

Reactions: Liver
like this

You wouldn't happen to know of a good non-clamp style monitor or tv stand with a gas or hydraulic strut for height adjustment? The C2 is a big upgrade over my ancient ZR30W, but the fixed height is a bit of problem.

Reactions: Liver
like this
So, I bought one of these two weeks ago at BB and Thursday when I saw this I reached out to BB to have them price match the new, lower price. After four different people between chat and phone support refused I ended up returning the two week old unit and picking up another at the lower price. The clerk couldn't believe it when I told him the story.

All I can sort as to the reason for it was BB has a black out period for price matching that started Friday. They put that policy in the chat and repeated it on the phone. I had to say to them several times, I know, but it's now Thursday, the day before the policy goes into effect. But, talking to a bunch of people in India, well, it was Friday there. So,... whatever.

Someone is getting a perfectly functioning open box unit. I checked myself and don't see it, yet. :)

So, I bought one of these two weeks ago at BB and Thursday when I saw this I reached out to BB to have them price match the new, lower price. After four different people between chat and phone support refused I ended up returning the two week old unit and picking up another at the lower price. The clerk couldn't believe it when I told him the story.

All I can sort as to the reason for it was BB has a black out period for price matching that started Friday. They put that policy in the chat and repeated it on the phone. I had to say to them several times, I know, but it's now Thursday, the day before the policy goes into effect. But, talking to a bunch of people in India, well, it was Friday there. So,... whatever.

Someone is getting a perfectly functioning open box unit. I checked myself and don't see it, yet. :)
They did the same thing to me with a macbook pro several years ago, bought one in store and within a week they went on sale for like 200 less. I asked them to refund the difference and they refused (this was in store). So, I went to the car and got the macbook pro I had already boxed back up in anticipation for this situation, walked back in and returned it and then bought a new one.. pretty fucking ridiculous.

Yeah I noticed they did that before on a Prime Day sale a few years ago and really dug in on it, so I just did the return/rebuy deal too. More annoyingly, I noticed BB changed their Price Matching terms in general. Basically the new policy says they will match their own price within the return period once as a courtesy and that they will only price match a competitor at the time of purchase. Key distinction being they won't price protect against a cheaper price later from elsewhere like they used to, so you'd be stuck doing the return/rebuy deal.

I haven't put this policy to the test yet, but I'll be pretty annoyed if that is indeed the new policy.

Instead of returning the open box one, I've normally returned returned the newer one using the older receipt if there aren't any additional stamps or stickers on the new box to distinguish the two. Even cross-returned from Best Buy to Amazon and vice versa. Did a bunch of that last year re-buying various components and then returning them with the price drop from Oct. 21 to Nov. 21.

I'd do that with the C2 to Amazon as the original order from Amazon had my shipping labels slapped over the retail box, but I have an open return for a $1,600 after tax laptop at Amazon right now and don't want my consumer profile to reflect heavy returner and getting a box from Best Buy means cutting the return savings from ~$95 to ~$50 because of the points difference of 10% at Amazon vs 5% at Best Buy.

Costco sent out an email blast with these LG OLEDs for the same prices so it looks like a National Mfg Sale for the holidays.

Main difference with Costco is you get the 2 year warranty (mfg+Costco Concierge) + 3 year All-State (SquareTrade) warranty for total of 5 years for normal use/wear and tear warranty. I know some people who swear by and only buy TVs from Costco, not totally sure why. I know the days of showing up with broken screens on TVs asking for refund or replacement are long gone due to abuse (shocker).

For some of the larger TVs mentioned in this thread, I'd definitely recommend professional installation, mainly for CYA and on-site damage inspection. BestBuy is a good choice there as their install services are pretty affordable normally but free with TotalTech membership which also includes 2 year warranty.

With Costco double check the model number down to the last digit. Walmart frequently has brand name products with slightly off model numbers and thus differing (i.e. cheaper) feature sets for their holiday sales. Costco did as well with Samsung's 2014 "H" series 4K screens, though I don't know how often that is still happening.

What happens when your monster 83+" TV has dead pixels and/or bad uniformity? I'd love to own a monster TV one day but the thought of something being wrong with it worries me. It's not exactly trivial to return something of such gargantuan proportions.

What happens when your monster 83+" TV has dead pixels and/or bad uniformity? I'd love to own a monster TV one day but the thought of something being wrong with it worries me. It's not exactly trivial to return something of such gargantuan proportions.

Buy at a retail store and check for dead pixels there. That doesn't mean dead pixels won't develop later, but you will see if any pixels are dead right out of the box.

Back