Black Friday Booty! What Did You Get?

Vizio M70-C3 70 inch 4K TV for $1699 at Best Buy. After calibrating it, the picture is AMAZING! Also bought a Roku 4 to go with it.

Logitech G710+ Cherry MX Brown keyboard for $65.00 at Best Buy. All my money this season is being spent on my current two week vacation to the Pacific Northwest, and spending time with family.

LG 43UF6430 4K TV for $299 to replace an aging 2010 era LG 42" 42LK450 that I use as my PC monitor and TV.
9 cu. ft. Frigidaire chest freezer with a dent for $250 from Sears Outlet
Adjustable queen bed frame for $129.99 from Walmart - excited about this because I love sleep and will be able to raise the head of my bed anyway I want.
Stanley rolling toolchest for $79 at Walmart w/ free socket and ratchet set
--- > Yes, I know it's flimsy crap but for my purposes it will be fine. It will hold my tools and look decent in the garage.

Simmons Faux leather sofa and love seat for $289 each at Big Lots
---> Again, kinda crap build quality but fairly comfortable and looks really nice.
500GB Crucial BX100 SSD for $129 on Amazon
Some extra tall polo shirts in my size for like $6 each from a Super Kroger of all places.
Convertible Furniture Dolly for $49 from Sears
---> You guys should see the way this arrived at our door.... holy shit....

Probably lots more I'm forgetting about

I ended up snagging a SAMSUNG UD590 Series U28D590D 4k 28inch monitor off of Woot.
Looking forward to mucking with it in a week when it arrives xD

I ended up snagging a SAMSUNG UD590 Series U28D590D 4k 28inch monitor off of Woot.
Looking forward to mucking with it in a week when it arrives xD

Great choice, I am using the the version that does not have Free sync and I am loving it. :)

Maybe I'm just getting old, or maybe I already have everything I need, but I didn't see anything worth buying.
The few items I might have been interested in buying weren't on sale anywhere, so I'll wait.

Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition for $17 on Steam sale.

Hifiman HE-400i planar magnetic headphones for $300.

I stayed home and slept and bought absolutely nothing and is was everything I imagined it could be.

Nothing really caught my eye but I did stock up on a lot of smaller things that will be Christmas gifts for the wife & family. Stocked up on some SD & Micro SD cards for my Tablets & DSLR's. Plenty of those were on sale everywhere. Was really hunting for a good Z170 board deal since I'm in the process of building a new system but I saw no deals pop up here or anywhere else on a good board. Since I will be in Canada next month on my year end holiday vacation, I am banking on something popping up for Boxing Day lol!

My best was 3x 4tb HGST drives from fry's online for $88 each, no tax or shipping.

Walked into my local Fry's this *evening* and found one of those HGST doorbuster drives in a go backs basket. Also picked up some doorbuster USB batteries, USB chargers and retractable cables they still had a bunch in stock.

bunch of gifts for the family (no going to post incase they see this).

The only things I bought for myself...

14 gun safe, more like a locking cabinet.
140lb of cat litter (paid 25% of retail).
New set of 4 gauge jumper cables.

Snagged a sandisk ultra2 960 gb sdd 199.00 :D can recall 1st ever ssd purchase 330 for 120 gbs and thot it was a steal LOL
Ohhh an any1s playing Fallout 4 use an ssd if u can helps a ton and u prolly wont need ona those sill texture mods if u do

Picked up a Samsung U28E590D 28" 4k monitor, for 320$ from newegg. was 369$ but i had some promo codes on top.

Picked up a air compressor as well Kobalt 8 gallon 1.8hp electric air compressor for 99$. Few other odds and ends.

officially broke til taxes now.

Not a damn thing, I've got a few games in my cart on Steam but havent bought em yet.

I stayed home and slept and bought absolutely nothing and is was everything I imagined it could be.

i-did-absolutely-nothing-today_zpsaewdstkx.jpg

I spent $2 on a can of nos and watched the animals fight over garbage at Wal-Mart. It was great.

got BF4 premium service $16
the order 1886 $9
gsync monitor that im sadly returning $550

will try to find $40 PS+ code before the deals end

I spent $2 on a can of nos and watched the animals fight over garbage at Wal-Mart. It was great.

Same here only with Rockstar. Watching people throw blows over a shitty Hisense TV is simultaneously the saddest AND most amusing thing I've seen all year.

Same here only with Rockstar. Watching people throw blows over a shitty Hisense TV is simultaneously the saddest AND most amusing thing I've seen all year.

My favorite thing is sitting back at home drinking water and watching how snobby people are. "Oh that's not a 4k 4:4:4 Chroma 480hz 90" TV for $250? You got robbed". :rolleyes:

Bought a new camera, Sony DSCH300/B, and 16GB memory card, and charger, and batteries, and usb reader, usb cable, and carrying case for $150 all new at Amazon. Original price of camera alone is $219, and I got the whole bundle there for $70 cheaper. It's a lot better than what it is replacing, which is a cheap point and shoot I've had for years. Hopefully product shots will look better now.

Last edited:
I got a 5TB Hard Driver for 150 at the Micro Centere along with a SATA PCIe card ($10) and a power splitter ($6). Now I have enough space for a ton of movies.

A $40 PS4 controller for the PC. ( http://ds4windows.com ). It's so much better than my old 360 controller.

A few of the usual SD memory cards as I slowly move to all 32 and 64GB. I shoot with a Nikon DSLR with the dual slots for backup (card 1 RAW, card 2 JPEG).

Like others I really didn't need anything but I ended up walking into BestBuy last night around 7:00pm and found one of the door busters .. the Panasonic Blu-Ray player for $39 and what I really like about the player is how compact it is but still has wifi and smart apps , then I picked up afew Blu-Ray movies as some of them was selling for $3.99

The player is looks amazing on my Sharp 50" 4K TV as the Intelligent upscaler on the TV really pulls the best out of the Panasonic player.. all in all I spent $64 buxs and got the player and 3 Blu-Ray movies and a pair of JVC ear phones..

Yep, only thing i regret is I did this at the last minute and didn't have my cam with me. My phone was too low on battery to record it.

My favorite thing is sitting back at home drinking water and watching how snobby people are. "Oh that's not a 4k 4:4:4 Chroma 480hz 90" TV for $250? You got robbed". :rolleyes:

When the TV's picture in question look worse than a decent older tube TV, then yes I'm a snob about it. A good deal on a decent looking hd flat panel is one thing, people fighting over a flat panel with such a shit picture it may as well be coming off a VHS however is worth snobbing and laughing at the suckers.

Really light this year. I got two SSDs, a 480gig Sandisk Ultra 2 and a 500gig BX100 for about $100 each to replace a pair of 256 gig SSDs in my lappy and Jr's desktop. Steam was finally getting the better of those previous SSDs. Couln't justify the cost of higher end SSDs as these are likely only needed for a couple years, and probably the last actual SATA drives we will be buying.....ever.

Yep, only thing i regret is I did this at the last minute and didn't have my cam with me. My phone was too low on battery to record it.

When the TV's picture in question look worse than a decent older tube TV, then yes I'm a snob about it. A good deal on a decent looking hd flat panel is one thing, people fighting over a flat panel with such a shit picture it may as well be coming off a VHS however is worth snobbing and laughing at the suckers.

I just threw away a decent older tube TV, there's no LCD in the world that would look worse than it did.

Also I highly doubt you went to wal-mart just to watch so either you were also there to buy "garbage" or you're a liar. I don't really care which one you pick.

I just threw away a decent older tube TV, there's no LCD in the world that would look worse than it did.

Also I highly doubt you went to wal-mart just to watch so either you were also there to buy "garbage" or you're a liar. I don't really care which one you pick.

This is what you get for assumptions. I went there to turn in a couple redbox movies forgetting about the BF/thursday nonsense because I haven't participated in it in years. Once I got there and realized I was going on, I did exactly what I said and bought a nos and proceeded to watch the animals fight over garbage.

You also seriously overestimate the picture quality on some of the really garbage tier LCD's.

You just wait! Some day soon much like vinyl records VHS will be a nostalgic goldmine.

Just a Nexus 6 for $124 after appliying my Chase rewards points and a $10 Amazon gift card. Was listed for $199 on Amazon as a lightning deal. 6 boxes of Ferrero Rocher 24 pack for $4.50 each.

I just looked at this camera and felt a little surprised about the F3.4 lens.

Bought a new camera, Sony DSCH300/B, and 16GB memory card, and charger, and batteries, and usb reader, usb cable, and carrying case for $150 all new at Amazon. Original price of camera alone is $219, and I got the whole bundle there for $70 cheaper. It's a lot better than what it is replacing, which is a cheap point and shoot I've had for years. Hopefully product shots will look better now.

Nothing worthwhile to deal with the circus. Only thing ought is Automagic app since it looks well designed to play around but wasn't on sale. Would rather pay more for quality.

250GB SSD for a remote "server" system setup I'm about to do.

A 6TB HGST drive to replace a trio of 1TB storage drives currently in my system.

A 64GB thumb drive (because I can never have enough portable storage).

And shoes out the wazoo. I have goofy super-wide feet (no, they don't let me stand on water dammit). So I can't really buy off a rack someplace. New Balance is about the only place that makes shoes that more or less fit freaks like me. And even then, I have to go up 2 sizes just to make sure I don't rip out of the damn things.

NB was running a 20% off deal this weekend.
But Amazon, for some of NB shoes, was running 10% off with a Black Friday deal for an additional 30% off. When you're talking $140 a pair, that adds up fast.

Back