Black Friday 2006 Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
BFAds took down the BestBuy scans. Expect the others to follow suit soon, so use hity's links in the first post.

skudmunky said:
hows that one compare to the Samsung 19 incher at Best Buy for $129? I'm not sure I need all the 22" in the Westinghouse LCD, might save 70 or 80 and just go with a 19".
I don't know about everyone else, but I think that 22" Westy is incredibly ugly. Dells, Gateways, Acers, all have very slim edges on their monitors, but that Westy...freakin' huge like Xbox bezel staring you in the face. :(

I might be able to get my hands on one of the Element 32" LCDs being sold at Home Depot for $478 +tax. Basically it would come out to $500 for me.

here is the link to the tv: HERE

What do you think? worth it? There was a sweet Olevia on Buy.com today for $25 or so more, but I didn't get it and now its sold out.

Any opinions on this deal? Basically I would be getting it to watch DVDs/ video files from my computer (a macbook pro) and to Play the Wii when it comes out.

thoughts?

atherton213 said:
i agree nothing really stands out as amazing.... and def no hard drive deals :( (my 200gb is almost full!!! i was hoping for a good deal on another 200+)
Why would you camp for a hard disk? Outpost.com (Fry's) routinely has 400GB Seagates (PATA or SATA, depending on the deal) for between $99-119. I got the SATA for $109 a month ago with free shipping.

This is the kind of item where you're better off buying mail-order. The items you want to look at for Black Friday are either a) so good of a deal you won't find it at that price for the next six months, b) a decent deal, plus ludicrous shipping costs if you bought it online due to weight or size make it a good idea to buy it local, or c)you really need an easy local return policy in case it really doesn't turn out to be what you want (i.e., if the Westinghouse LCD monitors or TV's don't turn out to have the quality people are expecting).

i wouldnt camp for a HD that would usually be one of the extra little things i would get... this year im camping for the 32 inch westy (or 22inch if the 32 is gone) and was hoping they would have a good HD deal that i could pick up while i was there

skudmunky said:
hows that one compare to the Samsung 19 incher at Best Buy for $129? I'm not sure I need all the 22" in the Westinghouse LCD, might save 70 or 80 and just go with a 19".
I'm not sure the Samsung is widescreen; the HannsG is. But I don't have the adscan in front of me (have it at work) and you didn't list the model number, so I can't compare.

atherton213 said:
i wouldnt camp for a HD that would usually be one of the extra little things i would get... this year im camping for the 32 inch westy (or 22inch if the 32 is gone) and was hoping they would have a good HD deal that i could pick up while i was there

I went to BB the other day - that Westy 32" is $700 right now. Somehow I don't think its such a deal for $470 for all that waiting, plus people are talking about how LCDs are going to down in price A LOT after X-mas because the companies have been making too many of them.

LoneWolf said:
I'm not sure the Samsung is widescreen; the HannsG is. But I don't have the adscan in front of me (have it at work) and you didn't list the model number, so I can't compare.

Samsung 19" Widescreen LCD 931BW "Exclusive to best buy retail stores"

TheNewGuy8 said:
I might be able to get my hands on one of the Element 32" LCDs being sold at Home Depot for $478 +tax. Basically it would come out to $500 for me.

here is the link to the tv: HERE

What do you think? worth it? There was a sweet Olevia on Buy.com today for $25 or so more, but I didn't get it and now its sold out.

Any opinions on this deal? Basically I would be getting it to watch DVDs/ video files from my computer (a macbook pro) and to Play the Wii when it comes out.

thoughts?

is this a BF deal??? I have not seen a HD add yet

thanx

Hulk said:
I went to BB the other day - that Westy 32" is $700 right now. Somehow I don't think its such a deal for $470 for all that waiting, plus people are talking about how LCDs are going to down in price A LOT after X-mas because the companies have been making too many of them.

Thats not the right model. The one being sold on black friday is the newer 'W' series model with a 1200:1 contrast ratio (BB doesnt have it on display, no store does), if you search "32 westinghouse" on the BB site youll see which one i mean, you cant even order it right now (sneaky BB). its 899$ BTW, so this IS a good deal.

I will be out there at 6:00 on thanksgiving evening waiting for my 32" westy :D Anyone else waiting for it?

Dillusion said:
Thats not the right model. The one being sold on black friday is the newer 'W' series model with a 1200:1 contrast ratio (BB doesnt have it on display, no store does), if you search "32 westinghouse" on the BB site youll see which one i mean, you cant even order it right now (sneaky BB). its 899$ BTW, so this IS a good deal.

I will be out there at 6:00 on thanksgiving evening waiting for my 32" westy :D Anyone else waiting for it?

6pm? jesus man, im gonna get to CC @ midnight lol

iRoNeTiK said:
6pm? jesus man, im gonna get to CC @ midnight lol

i am NOT letting this go lol. last BF i went at like 3AM, and i got fucked royally with a line to africa. this year, i will be the one first in line lol.

Doesnt matter to me, ill be with my dad who I dont see often, so it should be fun.

Dad: "Wasnt there a 380$ laptop you wanted too?"
Me: "Yeah, its really nice"
Dad: "Ok, cool"

:D

Dillusion said:
Doesnt matter to me, ill be with my dad who I dont see often, so it should be fun.

Dad: "Wasnt there a 380$ laptop you wanted too?"
Me: "Yeah, its really nice"
Dad: "Ok, cool"

:D

Nothing like father/son time.

I like BF. sometimes there are good deals, the others are just hassles.

is that 32" westy everyone is talking about any good for gaming? or is everyone wanting one for tv?

thanks
d

Astrogiblet said:
That is a great deal, but I'm currently on a 20" Samsung. :D

Last year was like.. I wanted to cry because I didnt have a job and I couldnt buy any of the AWESOME deals. This year, I have a job and tons of money to blow, but nothing to blow it on. The world hates me.

I'd rather have a good job and no good BF deals than vice versa.

movax said:
I don't know about everyone else, but I think that 22" Westy is incredibly ugly. Dells, Gateways, Acers, all have very slim edges on their monitors, but that Westy...freakin' huge like Xbox bezel staring you in the face. :(

I just saw it in person at bestbuy, and while the edges are wider than that of the samsung, it's still sexier and thinner than my trinitron CRT. I'm pretty much sold.

dmize said:
is that 32" westy everyone is talking about any good for gaming? or is everyone wanting one for tv?

thanks
d

I'm buying it for a TV, but my dad is buying one for my little brother to use as a TV/PC monitor. The contrast ratio is 1200:1 so it seems to be pretty nice as a PC monitor...

Dillusion said:
I'm buying it for a TV, but my dad is buying one for my little brother to use as a TV/PC monitor. The contrast ratio is 1200:1 so it seems to be pretty nice as a PC monitor...

im buying it for mainly a tv... but ill def be trying it out as a monitor

what time is everyone getting to bestbuy or else where?? i was thinking 7-8pm

atherton213 said:
im buying it for mainly a tv... but ill def be trying it out as a monitor

what time is everyone getting to bestbuy or else where?? i was thinking 7-8pm

You're going to go 12hours before or 12hours after the store opens? If it is before it opens, DAMN, that has to suck. The earliest I have ever gone was 5:30am on black friday.

hdawg06 said:
You're going to go 12hours before or 12hours after the store opens? If it is before it opens, DAMN, that has to suck. The earliest I have ever gone was 5:30am on black friday.

lol stores open @ 5am

hey anyone else notice on Circuit city ad it says most items available online THANKSGIVING DAY @ circuitcity.com

does that mean these sale prices will be online for "most" items?

hdawg06 said:

im gonna be there at 6:00 on the evening before friday, which would be thursday (turkey day). Right after im done eating im grabbing some lounge chairs, PSP, laptop, and nintendo DS, and sitting there for 11 hours.

I repeat, this TV/Laptop is NOT going to elude me this year :D

yeah im talking about going t-day at 7ish... hopefully that wont be too late...

and to the person going at 5:30 ;) say hi to #600 in line hehe

atherton213 said:
yeah im talking about going t-day at 7ish... hopefully that wont be too late...

and to the person going at 5:30 ;) say hi to #600 in line hehe

DAMN, you guys are hard-core... I am usually around 15-25 in line when we go at around 6:00. I guess it pays off to live in a town with only 60k people.

hdawg06 said:
DAMN, you guys are hard-core... I am usually around 15-25 in line when we go at around 6:00. I guess it pays off to live in a town with only 60k people.

yeah...i went at 3AM last year and got shafted with like #427 in line lol

I usually try and refrain from going to Best Buy from Black Friday on. It seems like they're too slow, but if there is a good deal, I will snag it. Wal-Mart is extremely bad too, so I usually hit them up at late-night or early mornings if I can. That way, I don't wait in outrageous lines because they only have 5 cashiers, with 25 lanes empty...WTF!

hdawg06 said:
I usually try and refrain from going to Best Buy from Black Friday on. It seems like they're too slow, but if there is a good deal, I will snag it. Wal-Mart is extremely bad too, so I usually hit them up at late-night or early mornings if I can. That way, I don't wait in outrageous lines because they only have 5 cashiers, with 25 lanes empty...WTF!

thats walmart for ya.... always!!!! 20+ lanes.. only have 3-4 open with HUGE lines everywhere.... grrrr many times ive said "screw it we will come back later"

well im just gonna to to sales for an mp3 player and some dvds so ill show up @ 5am....my products im getting arent that popular im guessing like tvs and computer stuff

so eventhough im 100th in line oh well...ill probably get my dvds and mp3 player :)

maybe ill go @ 4 who knows

anyone know about CC ad about "most items available on thanksgving day @ circuitcity.com"?

atherton213 said:
thats walmart for ya.... always!!!! 20+ lanes.. only have 3-4 open with HUGE lines everywhere.... grrrr many times ive said "screw it we will come back later"

See, that's how they make more money. You come back later, then "Sorry, sale's over!" but you stil end up buying it because you're already ther,e in line, etc.

Diashto said:
See, that's how they make more money. You come back later, then "Sorry, sale's over!" but you stil end up buying it because you're already ther,e in line, etc.

i ment any time not just black firday... and usually im only getting crap at walmart... candy dvd's and such

Dillusion said:

Thanks for the clarification.

How does this early camping thing work? When the doors open in the morning, does everyone just bum rush over to the TV section or do you get a ticket? I really want the 32" westy but I'm not exactly sure how to go about getting it even if I'm the first in line.

BB passes out vouchers like a couple hours before they open so you can shop around first (their intent) then pick up the tv or whatever later.

Hulk said:
Thanks for the clarification.

How does this early camping thing work? When the doors open in the morning, does everyone just bum rush over to the TV section or do you get a ticket? I really want the 32" westy but I'm not exactly sure how to go about getting it even if I'm the first in line.

They give out tickets for 'high priority items' ahead of time so people know who's getting which of the big items, so they dont kill eachother over them. Its basically whoever lines up first, not who can run fastest once the doors open :D

The BB near me already has pallets of them sitting in the TV section... I'd say around 25 32"ers from what I could gather (they had their other deals too so it was hard to get an estimate for the 32" only). FWIW

So technically, if I bought the same model # Westy 32 inch BEFORE they even post the Black Friday ads, they should let me price match it because they have a 30 day price match guarantee...

This is also if I'm in the store during the hours they're having the sale ( black friday 5am-noon )

Is there some fucked up BB policy that doesn't allow me to do this... Or does it depend from one store / manager to the next...

I'm planning on lining up, and also keeping the unopened 32 inch I bought with me in the trunk... so If I go to customer service that morning, I don't see how they wouldn't honor the price match, since I'm there in person, holding the same exact item / model # + receipt as what's going for sale that day during that time frame...

I also have a backup plan, if they decide to give me crap about it, I'm going to direct them to the date of purchase, which will be BEFORE the ads even hit... I plan on raising all types of hell until they honor the price match :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back