Black Desert Online or The Division?

BradF1979

Limp Gawd
If you are choosing one, which do you choose? I know they aren't exactly the same category, but was wondering if anyone else was considering playing both or either?

I really enjoyed the CBT2 of BDO, however, the cash shop along with B2P seems a bit like a big money grab. I'm a big fan of the way Guild Wars 2 did it, but BDO isn't even close currently with their cash shop offering more than just convenience and cosmetic items. Someone did some research and the cash shop prices in the CBT2 beta were similar to the prices in Korea and the game is free to play there...

The Division beta was also lots of fun, I played solo the whole time. I really like the gun play despite sometimes it feeling like enemies are sponges. I can see some interesting fun in the Dark Zone even as a solo player. I'm not sure what to expect with this as the game progresses though, is there anymore depth than what we saw in the beta? Will it get old quickly?

If you are choosing one, which do you choose? I know they aren't exactly the same category, but was wondering if anyone else was considering playing both or either?

I really enjoyed the CBT2 of BDO, however, the cash shop along with B2P seems a bit like a big money grab. I'm a big fan of the way Guild Wars 2 did it, but BDO isn't even close currently with their cash shop offering more than just convenience and cosmetic items. Someone did some research and the cash shop prices in the CBT2 beta were similar to the prices in Korea and the game is free to play there...

The Division beta was also lots of fun, I played solo the whole time. I really like the gun play despite sometimes it feeling like enemies are sponges. I can see some interesting fun in the Dark Zone even as a solo player. I'm not sure what to expect with this as the game progresses though, is there anymore depth than what we saw in the beta? Will it get old quickly?

Both games have their flaws. It just depends which game you want to risk spending money on, or what do you want to play? Over the shoulder console port shooter with Borderlands feel or a MMORPG of asian descent aka grindfest (which I don't think is a that bad thing, I come from Lineage 2).

Black Desert Online:
Cash shop along with B2P and one time dyes scream cash grab. I don't mind the prices though, but the fact is that publisher is not very trustworthy.
I also have to add that BDO have EXTREMELY toxic community. I have not seen this childish players since... well, I would say MOBA games but I think this one is way worse.

The Division:
Extremely locked/limited beta doesn't show much promise on high end content.

I was thinking about buying that $99 Black Desert package. Currently playing for free on a russian server (badly) translated to english. I wasn't in the beta and want to try the game before I spend that much money. I have mixed feelings about it. Now I'm not sure if I should just buy the cheapest package and then just buy The Division for like the same price on kinguin and then own both.

I recommend to wait. We don't really know if The Division will have high end content or not, or if Daum will lower cash shop prices in Black Desert or not. It's anyone's guess right now. However preordering games generally is a bad idea, we almost always get screwed up.

Last edited:
if you can snag a code online for cheap the easy choice would be The Division...Nvidia is bundling the game with their GPU's so you can most likely snag the game for a decent price

if you can snag a code online for cheap the easy choice would be The Division...Nvidia is bundling the game with their GPU's so you can most likely snag the game for a decent price

Agree with this. The Division will be the better option. If you have Amazon Prime, then the decision is even easier. 20% off all preorders, and even up to 2 weeks after release. So if you are concerned about content, then wait until The Division comes out to see what people are saying (personally I truly believe that game is going to be a win. Beta was fantastic) and then get the game. You get a free month of prime too if you haven't tried it before.

I'm going to wait and see what the day/week/month1 reviews say first. Having been burned by Destiny a bit, I want to see what the long term prospects are compared to the upfront value.

I'm pretty excited for BDO. Haven't played an MMO in a loooong time. I like the huge amount of character customization. I'm hoping in the cash shop they have EXP boosts cuz I'm a pretty casual gamer.

The Division I couldn't care less about. Meh. Maybe if it's on sale in the future for $15.

Personally i would pick BDO over division, i have both and im more excited for BDO.

Ill prob only play the division when one of my friends gets on and wants to play it, and then once he logs back over to BDO i go.

Back