Black Berry Curve

XpediencY

Gawd
If this phone is lost, can it be tracked down by GPS?

AT&T, where you can switch out the sim cards

I dont know, i think so, but this isnt a lo jack. Also, if you report it, anyone else cant use because it still has a unique pin and imei if im correct.

Restating, i think the gps is for personal use not for finding phones. There are certain programs that used with the phones for these various re

my bro got in trouble some time back and disappeared for a couple days and att said there was no way to use the phones gps to locate him. my other brother is an att rep with radioshack and he just told me theres no real way to do it either.

so basically, if someone takes your phone, tosses your simcard, your phone is good as gone reported or not

well. yup. Thats why you shoul have insurance. Also, they cant use it if its reported stolen/lost. The imei and pin will be already taken and not released.

If a phone has been lost or stolen, then you need to call your network provider to report this, so they can bar the SIM as well as the phone.
The ESN (serial) number of the SIM is known by the network operater anyway, and the IMEI (serial) number of the phone too, if the phone was purchased with them.

The data services such as Internet / Email / Messenger ... only work with the original and unbarred SIM.
That is because the telephone number is linked to the ESN (serial) number of the SIM until the Network Operater activates a replacement SIM with new ESN number.

The PIN device number of the Blackberry is unique to the device and linked to the Blackberry data services.
The IMEI number is unique to the device too, but is linked to the Network Operator.

If the new owner uses a different SIM, and the phone hasn't been barred yet, it would not work for Blackberry data services as it would have a different ESN number.

Back