Bitspower Water Tank Z Plus Liquid Cooling Reservoir - (Tank Z Plus)

Foam sounds like you have too much additive in the loop; not a res problem.

I had a similar experience when using an Alphacool Cape Bullseye mounted in my case ceiling. I put a "Melvin pipe" tube in there so the coolant sprayed against the dome and it looked like an old-school coffee percolator...

2wdvtbo.jpg

Everything fit together just the way I wanted it to (60mm holesaw, exactly the right size) and it looked awesome (for the first few minutes), and I even had the reservoir and its cover mounted independently so I could just pop the cover to fill. But it turned out to be a terrible idea. It turned the coolant into air-whipped foam; my red PC Ice looked like strawberry yogurt.

Does your foam go away over time? Mine did, as the air gradually---very gradually---moved upwards out of the lines and into the res. When you run your system can you see an upward jet of coolant in the res?

R1ck and CommanderCup I think were actually right on the money...I was using a home brewed concoction of distilled water, food coloring, water wetter and a copper sulfate anti-microbial agent. I think I will stick with pre-mixed coolants from now on! I actually emptied the entire loop and then filled with distilled water a couple times...basically until I had nothing but pure distilled water. The foaming went away completely once I had just distilled water in there. I've now got the loop completely disassembled emptied of all fluid and I am going to try some of the new feser one cooling fluid when I put it back together. I will let you know how it goes...

I am going to try some of the new feser one cooling fluid when I put it back together. I will let you know how it goes...
In the teardown and cleanout and redesign of my loop after the aforementioned failure of my "percolator" design, I found red crud in my Apogee GTX's pins. And I had only been running that loop for about three weeks. Goodbye to PC Ice. I think it's their new "Dye Bomb" system; the previous incarnation of my watercooling system used PC Ice with no ill effects.

Anyway, I ordered some of the brand-new-at-the-time Feser One, and it has been working admirably. I think my temperatures might even be a little better, but it's just a hunch; I hadn't written anything down from the PC Ice loop for comparison. And the squirt-bottle top was quite useful for filling the Cape Bullseye reservoir (relocated to the drive-bays area in a horizontal orientation), which has no fill port proper.

Still have a fair quantity of it left in the bottle, too, even after the refill resulting from the explosive leak of my pump top cracking, when a large quantity of the coolant was relocated into paper toweling.

Back