BitFenix new Mini ITX Lan-Party Case

Considering a build with this case and am thinking of using a SilverStone ST50F-P. I think this is currently the smallest modular PSU you can get. It's only 500W though and this is the hardware I want to use:

Intel I7-3770T 45W CPU
EVGA 4GB GTX670
2x slim slot-load blu-ray burners
Antec Kuhler 620
ASRock Z77 ITX
2x Intel 320 series SSDs
16GB Corsair Dominator RAM

This is probably a better question for the PSU forum, but anyone care to comment on whether 500W is enough for my components?

It's plenty ;)

Thanks guys and gals. Another question (more specific to the ST50F-P). People say that the fan in this PSU is loud. Is it easy to replace the fan in it?

Typically yes, as easy as cutting some wires and resoldering them to the new fan. :)

Picking up my Bitfenix Prodigy from the UPS distribution center here in town today! My buddies and I will likely be throwing a build party on Friday, complete with alcohol and a few thousand dollars worth of hardware.

I've got mine (white) on pre-order in the UK - it was estimated to be in stock today but it's slipped back to next week now.

This is very unlike me but I've recently bought a new Samsung tv with a white bezel and the rig (which is used mainly for LAN gaming) will now also do media duties alongside the new tv. I believe the ladies refer to this as accessorising! :D

If I find a few minutes tonight I'm going to un-box it. This will likely include a ruler and camera so I can take some pictures of measurements people have asked for over the past several weeks. Bitfenix has done a pretty good job of providing the specs for locations in the case that people are interested in, so it might just be a "here's a ruler along the side of the case" kind of thing so people can guesstimate their particular zone based on those wide-angle shots.

is there an ETA on when I can buy this case? BitFenix's website says early June but it's July already :(

is there an ETA on when I can buy this case? BitFenix's website says early June but it's July already :(

Pre-orders have been going on for weeks now. They've all sold out, some people have had them for a week and a half now, a big load is arriving in the USA Monday/Tuesday, won't get to some retailers till maybe wednesday, Europe's massive load of Prodigy has arrived and are currently being distributed.
So, When can you buy the case?
Answer: Two weeks ago...

Pre-orders have been going on for weeks now. They've all sold out, some people have had them for a week and a half now, a big load is arriving in the USA Monday/Tuesday, won't get to some retailers till maybe wednesday, Europe's massive load of Prodigy has arrived and are currently being distributed.
So, When can you buy the case?
Answer: Two weeks ago...

Chicago Microcenters this coming week? That's what I thought I read on the facebook page, but when I asked a couple of the employees about the Prodigy, they didn't think they'd get them in stock.

I've been patiently awaiting their arrival at a local retailer.

Chicago Microcenters this coming week? That's what I thought I read on the facebook page, but when I asked a couple of the employees about the Prodigy, they didn't think they'd get them in stock.

I've been patiently awaiting their arrival at a local retailer.

Suck in customs right now. Once released, hopefully monday/tuesday, they'll go straight to our warehouse to double check, and then straight to MC and NE. Probably a wednesday/thursday/friday type of ordeal..

Suck in customs right now. Once released, hopefully monday/tuesday, they'll go straight to our warehouse to double check, and then straight to MC and NE. Probably a wednesday/thursday/friday type of ordeal..

Wait, am I reading this right ?

MC = microcenter ? Is microcenter really going to be carrying these ? That would be awesome.

I got my Bitfenix Prodigy up and running! Took me a few extra hours (obviously not the case's fault) but I now have a completely silent computer that has a bunch of fans using PWM to scale up once I start gaming/doing CPU-intensive loads. Great case!

My only issue is the metal bracket in the 5.25" bay. I removed it not thinking it would be needed but it's required if you want to mount a second 120mm fan up front. My 200mm fan wouldn't work (fan's mounting holes are on the wrong side) so I wanted to mount the two 120mm fans that came with the Prodigy case. Sadly without the bracket that was a no-go. :(

Any idea when the Newegg white pre-orders will ship? Ordered mine on 7/5.. kinda frustrating to not hear anything from Newegg.

From what was mentioned in post 215 of this thread, sounds like Newegg will get their shipment next Monday.

I live-chat'd Newegg and they basically weren't able to tell me anything other than "Oh, your order still shows as a preorder". Gee, thanks.

I got my Bitfenix Prodigy up and running! Took me a few extra hours (obviously not the case's fault) but I now have a completely silent computer that has a bunch of fans using PWM to scale up once I start gaming/doing CPU-intensive loads. Great case!

My only issue is the metal bracket in the 5.25" bay. I removed it not thinking it would be needed but it's required if you want to mount a second 120mm fan up front. My 200mm fan wouldn't work (fan's mounting holes are on the wrong side) so I wanted to mount the two 120mm fans that came with the Prodigy case. Sadly without the bracket that was a no-go. :(

Picture
Unless you want to do this (mod..ish) ... If you use exactly the screw holes, it's a no go to keep to ODD.

Everything was going fine... Until July 4rth and Bloody Thursday. Extra long delays at Customs.

Yes, MC = MicroCenter.

It may have been answered already, but if we install a 5.25" optical drive, can we still put 2x 120mm fans up top?

Picture
Unless you want to do this (mod..ish) ... If you use exactly the screw holes, it's a no go to keep to ODD.

Everything was going fine... Until July 4rth and Bloody Thursday. Extra long delays at Customs.

Yes, MC = MicroCenter.

It's all good--I did an RMA on the 200mm fan I got that couldn't be reversed (first time I've ever seen one where there were screw holes on only one side of the fan!)

I bought a Bitfenix Spectre 230mm Orange LED Fan--that should get the job done! :) I like the specs on it, and it fits with the orange theme I have going. I decided to cut my build short and not do all the sleeving I originally planned on doing... I guess I'm getting too old to bust out great-looking cases. :(

no. the position for the front roof fan is blocked. with the 5.25" bay occupied, you can only use a 120mm radiator/fan in the rear roof position.

I just noticed this on Newegg's Prodigy page:
...a choice of Midnight Black or Arctic White with interchangeable front facades mean Prodigy will suit your individual style.

I just noticed this on Newegg's Prodigy page:

What about it? I'm pretty sure we all know what that means, that the front facades are interchangeable, but that doesn't mean that BitFenix is outright selling new front facades to end users. Maybe Hank over at Performance PCs might be able to get his hands on them....

Anyways, I want to order a full black one. Anyone want to swap a black front facade for a white one? :)

Yes, interchangeable front panels. The white Prodigy would look good with a front black grill to complement the top black grill.

Got my Asrock Z77E-ITX build all setup in my new Prodigy case.. however the side USB 3.0 ports don't seem to work right. If I plug a USB 2.0 device in, they just endless connect/disconnect over and over until Windows gives up. The rear USB ports work fine, though. Anyone else seeing an issue with the Prodigy's side ("front") USB 3.0 ports?

(NEVERMIND. I'm dumb. Hooked up both the USB 2.0 and 3.0 leads from the case, and that caused the problem.)

Last edited:
Newegg still doesn't have them. Oh well, got a Silverstone FT03-Mini instead. I'll wait for the next version of the Prodigy (hopefully it will have a better "front" port location).

And I just orderd mine in scandinavia, form cdon.com cant wait to get this case, so much modding potential :D

finally got my case... I had to pay extra for it too. stupid nc ix cancelled my first order because my apartment # was in a different line on my PayPal confirmed address. now I got it for a full $23 more than what I could have gotten... took that out of the 230mm fan budget for now

Last edited:
Back