BitFenix new Mini ITX Lan-Party Case

Um, paint one orange? I don't see why it's so hard to buy one and then paint it.

I like what they've done with the case, and was hoping to be able to support them releasing an orange (even if it's a limited edition or a one-off.)

And since continually asking for an orange one just isn't enough, here's a picture of the display they had out at Computex!

x3czf8.jpg

Any idea if it's possible to squeeze in a NH-D14 in here on an Asrock Z77E-ITX? The case design suggests it would fit, but would like to hear from some folks who have the case and/or mobo.

I like what they've done with the case, and was hoping to be able to support them releasing an orange (even if it's a limited edition or a one-off.)

And since continually asking for an orange one just isn't enough, here's a picture of the display they had out at Computex!

x3czf8.jpg

Hi

That looks fantastic. Why would you have more than one color there and then turn around and sell only two colors? I would gladly get a red or orange one.

Hi

That looks fantastic. Why would you have more than one color there and then turn around and sell only two colors? I would gladly get a red or orange one.

probably the black and white ones would sell a lot more compared to the other choices. or at least black and white are 'safer' color options. just a guess

BitFenix_xbournex, When is the Prodigy supposed to go on sale in the U.S.?

Also, the Facebook link in your signature doesn't work :-/

I am just making a few assumptions, and I hope our BitFenix rep could confirm or deny them.

The CM 200mm MegaFlow will not fix the front with the drive cages in. The front clearance between panel and cage is more than 25mm but less than 30mm.

So it seems like the only decent if not the absolute only 200mm fan capable of fitting the Prodigy without removing the drive cages is also manufactured by BitFenix, the Spectre Pro.

Aside from that, I am getting this case as opposed to the Shuttle due to the flex bars!

Any idea if it's possible to squeeze in a NH-D14 in here on an Asrock Z77E-ITX? The case design suggests it would fit, but would like to hear from some folks who have the case and/or mobo.
Will have to come down to the compatibility with the motherboard's CPU layout if it will block the PCI-e slot in certain configurations or not. That said, There is no height issues in the Prodigy case.
I am just making a few assumptions, and I hope our BitFenix rep could confirm or deny them.

The CM 200mm MegaFlow will not fix the front with the drive cages in. The front clearance between panel and cage is more than 25mm but less than 30mm.

So it seems like the only decent if not the absolute only 200mm fan capable of fitting the Prodigy without removing the drive cages is also manufactured by BitFenix, the Spectre Pro.

Aside from that, I am getting this case as opposed to the Shuttle due to the flex bars!
I fit a 230mm Spectre inside, which is 30mm thick. Spectre Pro 230mm will work too which is much more powerful than the Spectre 230mm fan, and just a bit more powerful than the 200mm.

I fit a 230mm Spectre inside, which is 30mm thick. Spectre Pro 230mm will work too which is much more powerful than the Spectre 230mm fan, and just a bit more powerful than the 200mm.
Good news! Well, I think I'll stick to the 200mm to keep the optical drive bay open for blu-ray.

And because of the speedy response, I'll get the Spectre Pro 200mm blue as opposed to some other brand's product. Just showing my love for BitFenix for having you here!

So if we use a 230mm fan on the front, it blocks use of the 5.25" drive bay? 200mm is the max we can use while still having the 5.25" drive bay usable?

So if we use a 230mm fan on the front, it blocks use of the 5.25" drive bay? 200mm is the max we can use while still having the 5.25" drive bay usable?
That's what I could tell from watching all those videos (I think I've watched 6 videos already). But I'm going to let the man himself confirm it.

230mm fits, without removing anything except for the stock Spectre 120mm fan. Add 4 screws to the 230mm fan, and you're installed. :p
TLDR: It will not block the optical bay.

230mm fits, without removing anything except for the stock Spectre 120mm fan. Add 4 screws to the 230mm fan, and you're installed. :p
TLDR: It will not block the optical bay.
ORLLY? Sweet... but can you post a pic? I'm kind of skeptical!

Always wanted to build a micro atx build... And now i see this sexy case.. maybe is time to build it! ;)

No can do. Office is closed and it's 2:30am at the moment :p

I'll see what I can do when I get in tomorrow. Might not even be open as there is a typhoon brewing up near Taiwan.

ORLLY? Sweet... but can you post a pic? I'm kind of skeptical!

Why would you be skeptical? It was made with a 230mm fan in mind for the front, you can clearly see the open space for it.

Last edited:
Always wanted to build a micro atx build... And now i see this sexy case.. maybe is time to build it! ;)
That's cool, although it will be hard to shove a micro atx board into this mini-itx case. :D

But srsly it would be nice if BitFenix made a micro-ATX version that was just a skoshe bigger.

I'm still holding out hope that Bourne will give me a personal phone call and tell me what dark alley we can meet in to hook me up with an illegally-obtained orange case. ;)

I'm still holding out hope that Bourne will give me a personal phone call and tell me what dark alley we can meet in to hook me up with an illegally-obtained orange case. ;)

Who is your source? These people will kill you if they have to!

Who is your source? These people will kill you if they have to!

I'm more surprised that Bourne wasn't willing (or able) to chat with someone at the top of the company and say, "Look, this guy keeps E-Mailing support begging us for an orange case, why can't we throw a dollar amount at him and see if he'll pay it to receive an orange one?" I figured they'd try to put me off the old-fashioned way: price it so high I can't possibly afford it. :D:p

I'm more surprised that Bourne wasn't willing (or able) to chat with someone at the top of the company and say, "Look, this guy keeps E-Mailing support begging us for an orange case, why can't we throw a dollar amount at him and see if he'll pay it to receive an orange one?" I figured they'd try to put me off the old-fashioned way: price it so high I can't possibly afford it. :D:p

Haha, the orange is by far the coolest one. I was looking at getting this case, but after seeing the sg09. For the size comparison and lack of watercooling I think I'm going to have to roll into a MATX. Bitfenix really hit the nail on the head with this one though. Good luck getting it in orange =P

if you guys want orange so badly, try something called plasti dip. its not a paint so if you mess up you can just peel it off. i've seen it done on automotive and computer parts before. metal or plastic, it does not matter what the surface is. and it looks pretty good. here is a youtube video of someone doing a few tests with it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqQ8UyURh_4

if you guys want orange so badly, try something called plasti dip. its not a paint so if you mess up you can just peel it off. i've seen it done on automotive and computer parts before. metal or plastic, it does not matter what the surface is. and it looks pretty good. here is a youtube video of someone doing a few tests with it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqQ8UyURh_4

I plastidipped an antec 300 back in the day. It looked cool for about 3 months. Then it started to peel since I constantly open and close to swap parts out.

The handles on the top (and bottom) are made of a material that plastidip won't work well with. It had already been indicated elsewhere that spraypaint and other coatings wouldn't work well with it, either, plus it'd look kinda' goofy if you only had part of the case covered.

I'd much rather pay them to make me an orange one... I have money, take it, please!

He only emailed once, and I answer support mail. :cool:
Prototypes and concept models are not sold. /Discussion.

Size comparison, mATX won't fit in this case. We designed a mITX case.

I plastidipped an antec 300 back in the day. It looked cool for about 3 months. Then it started to peel since I constantly open and close to swap parts out.

yeah there are caveats obviously, but that was one i didnt consider honestly. what about vinyl dye then? i dont know what these handles are made of (as indicated above by Tytalus) but would something like vinyl dye work? on the white one. black would probably be too much work.
maybe in the best case scenario, they could do a 'limited edition' run of certain colors :)

He only emailed once, and I answer support mail. :cool:
Prototypes and concept models are not sold. /Discussion.

Size comparison, mATX won't fit in this case. We designed a mITX case.

I did reply a few times! :)

I think the only solution is to make sure orange is a standard color, so make sure there is a vote in for orange on whatever internal list you may have!! :)

Even if orange doesn't end up on my case I just received my 3 orange fans, orange heat-sinked RAM and orange cable wrap, so there'll be plenty of orange to go around!

It has begun! NCIX just sent me a shipping notification and a tracking number. :) Sadly it isn't in UPS's system yet, but hopefully it goes out tonight so I can at least bring the case to the LAN party on Friday and show it off! I won't have the motherboard by then but folks still want to see what all the fuss is about with the case!

Considering a build with this case and am thinking of using a SilverStone ST50F-P. I think this is currently the smallest modular PSU you can get. It's only 500W though and this is the hardware I want to use:

Intel I7-3770T 45W CPU
EVGA 4GB GTX670
2x slim slot-load blu-ray burners
Antec Kuhler 620
ASRock Z77 ITX
2x Intel 320 series SSDs
16GB Corsair Dominator RAM

This is probably a better question for the PSU forum, but anyone care to comment on whether 500W is enough for my components?

Considering a build with this case and am thinking of using a SilverStone ST50F-P. I think this is currently the smallest modular PSU you can get. It's only 500W though and this is the hardware I want to use:

Intel I7-3770T 45W CPU
EVGA 4GB GTX670
2x slim slot-load blu-ray burners
Antec Kuhler 620
ASRock Z77 ITX
2x Intel 320 series SSDs
16GB Corsair Dominator RAM

This is probably a better question for the PSU forum, but anyone care to comment on whether 500W is enough for my components?

I will be using that exact PSU for my 680. It should be fine.

I was unaware that you could fit two slot-load drives in to one 5.25" bay. Is there some kind of 5.25" kit that lets you mount them that way?

Is there a reason you're going with the more-expensive low-wattage i7 vs. the i5-3550K? Do you need hyperthreading and/or virtualization extensions? Alternatively you could go with the i5-3570T, which should be significantly less expensive than that i7. If you're using an H60 you shouldn't have any need to use a low-wattage processor, since it'll be kept cool enough with that closed loop system.

I'm only going with the low wattage processor because I need something that won't use as much power, will run cooler at stock and I do need the virtualization extensions.

I have a mounting kit that will let me mount two slim (laptop) optical drives in the 5.25" drive bay. I have two slim slot-load blu-ray burners.

Back