BitFenix new Mini ITX Lan-Party Case

While I don't disagree, this seems to be more of a desktop case than a floor dweller. :)

Why on earth would you want a PC case on your desk? Desks are too small to waste space; stick cases underneath where they belong.

Why on earth would you want a PC case on your desk? Desks are too small to waste space; stick cases underneath where they belong.
Lots of people like their PCs on their desks for various reasons. Not all desks are small and true SFF cases don't generally take up a lot of space. It'd be kind of goofy to put a Shuttle, SG08 or little Lian Li ITX case on the floor. And with the I/O and buttons on the side, desktop was clearly their intent with this case design. Otherwise it'd be on the top or front like most mATX and ATX towers.

if they had shifted where the motherboard was placed, they probably could have fit a m-atx one in there.

Oh yes. Dust galore and fur and all sorts of things. No but I have to strongly disagree. They belong ON a desk.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that then, but even if you have it on the desk, because the ports are on one side, it still limits where you can put it on the desk. For example, just looking at my work desk, you couldn't put it flat against the partition because that's on my RHS. It would have to go somewhere on my left, by the corridor, where it would be just begging to be knocked on to the floor. Besides, I have my telephone there.

The ports being where they are happen to be perfect for my setup.

The only thing I find unfortunate is the perforated side panel for additional intake. I know the "early look" prototype Tom checked out didn't have this but he mentioned it may become a reality and it has. It's going to be a dust magnet without any included filter. I think it's begging to be cut up for a bit of plexiglass :D

I'm also a bit curious in the difference in thermals between the white and black versions, seeing as the front on the white does not have a mesh like the black...

The ports being where they are happen to be perfect for my setup.

The only thing I find unfortunate is the perforated side panel for additional intake. I know the "early look" prototype Tom checked out didn't have this but he mentioned it may become a reality and it has. It's going to be a dust magnet without any included filter. I think it's begging to be cut up for a bit of plexiglass :D

I'm also disappointed with the switch on the side panel, but if you intake front and up top, you'd create positive pressure, thus keeping the dust out. Either way, I hope they have optional sides for purchase or perhaps I'll be able to find someone to do a plexiglass mod for myself :)

I'm also a bit curious in the difference in thermals between the white and black versions, seeing as the front on the white does not have a mesh like the black...

I wish they could have done the white with the same mesh like front :(

I have two ITX systems (PC-Q08b) and I put them in the closet never to be seen again, other than a strange glow emanating for it. :D I just run cables through walls a lot.

No mesh front on the white case? Where is the logic in that? That makes no sense at all to me.

No, you cannot fit larger GPUs with the top HDD cage in. Check out the video I linked on the previous page.

I'm also disappointed with the switch on the side panel, but if you intake front and up top, you'd create positive pressure, thus keeping the dust out. Either way, I hope they have optional sides for purchase or perhaps I'll be able to find someone to do a plexiglass mod for myself :)

I wish they could have done the white with the same mesh like front :(

Positive pressure is definitely an option for most people, though for my particular uses if I buy this case it's with watercooling in mind so I'd rather have the fans on the rad I'd be placing up top exhausting air.

I believe the reason they didn't go with white mesh was for aesthetic reasons, I do think the clean look is a bit nicer but I'm unsure how those small vents on the top and bottom compare to an actual full mesh front.

No, you cannot fit larger GPUs with the top HDD cage in. Check out the video I linked on the previous page.

Positive pressure is definitely an option for most people, though for my particular uses if I buy this case it's with watercooling in mind so I'd rather have the fans on the rad I'd be placing up top exhausting air.

I believe the reason they didn't go with white mesh was for aesthetic reasons, I do think the clean look is a bit nicer but I'm unsure how those small vents on the top and bottom compare to an actual full mesh front.

Origin will be testing that for us. I will say very minimal temp increases...

Can a 670 with waterblock fit in this case with the top HD cage in?

ITX board is 6.7"x6.7". PCB for 670 is ~6.9". If it fits it probably will be really tight.

Last edited:
Can a 670 with waterblock fit in this case with the top HD cage in?

ITX board is 6.7"x6.7". PCB for 670 is ~6.9". If it fits it probably will be really tight.

I was under the impression that a full length video card would fit with the top rack in......I thought that was why it was so wide.

i wanna see this case in person so bad atm :(

what makes things worse if how theres no official release date :eek:

oh well for now i'm stuck with my caseless itx build :cool:

I was as well. interesting.

If it turns out to be true.....

5-6 HDD/SSD
Full-length GPU
Full-size PSU
240mm radiator

Can a mini-itx case get anymore perfect for an extreme build? Server, gaming rig, etc.....the possibilities are endless.

If it turns out to be true.....

5-6 HDD/SSD
Full-length GPU
Full-size PSU
240mm radiator

Can a mini-itx case get anymore perfect for an extreme build? Server, gaming rig, etc.....the possibilities are endless.

This, lots of complaints about the size of it. But for the features it's awesome. I use a Danger Den Qlan case and it's about the size of an antec 300 but only fits 3 hdd's, but fits a triple rad. Not to mention about 6 times the price. I'm seriously considering selling my Qlan for one of these babies.

There are no itx boards that support 5-6 HDD/SSD's.

Here's a quick list on Newegg of ITX boards with 4 SATA ports on board.

There is a few Atom / AMD Fusion based ones with 5-6 SATA ports on them. I have one in my server with 5 onboard and one eSATA, then PCI-E 4x for expansion.

Here's a quick list on Newegg of ITX boards with 4 SATA ports on board.

There is a few Atom / AMD Fusion based ones with 5-6 SATA ports on them. I have one in my server with 5 onboard and one eSATA, then PCI-E 4x for expansion.

There are way more with four ports, but you only searched for Sata II...

so can you actually buy this anywhere (all of the stores on the list are either pre-order or not listed)?

I find it funny that the BitFenix guy is dodging my question about why no mesh on the White version. There IS white mesh out there.

That was directed at me? I don't even get a "Hi"? I don't dodge questions if I know for certain it was for me. The guy below you had answered your question, FYI..

Theres no mesh on the white version because of aesthetic reasons. There is also little to no difference in temperature. Noise levels will be ever so slightly increased, depending on how many jet sounding fans you throw in there.

Last edited:
Back