BitFenix new Mini ITX Lan-Party Case

I would love an Asus ROG board, playing "USB port russian roulette" with my DH57JG isn't very much fun at all.

I'd much rather have an ITX board that took 4x DIMM slots, even if they were SODIMM only; it'd make 16GB more accessible to the masses, and there are some of us who need that much (or more) on a regular basis already!

2x8gb is very accessible

Any more news on this? I guess this is called the BitFenix Prodigy?

Would like to put window in the side, and build an attractive water-cooled setup in this toaster box.

Any more news on this? I guess this is called the BitFenix Prodigy?

Would like to put window in the side, and build an attractive water-cooled setup in this toaster box.

I'm looking forward to this case......portable, but large enough to fit most full-size components.

Think im dropping my silverstone SG05 for this one. here is a german video withe some more info. dont know if he says annything about launch....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD1Lm4FEvw0
It's an early preview sample, the video was made by Caseking.de a german etailer. No word on a release date.
He says Caseking will read comments on the video and get in touch with Bitfenix about ideas on the case.
Apart from the obvious installation he talks about several details and adjustments Bitfenix is going to make:
There's room in the back not only for a 12 cm but even a 14 cm fan.
Room for a dual radiator on top, but you lose the 5,25" drive (as seen in some pics).
They are thinking about putting some mesh in the case's side for additional fans to the GPU.
There will be room for a graphic card of up to 33cm even with the upper 3.5" drive tray installed.

Think im dropping my silverstone SG05 for this one. here is a german video withe some more info. dont know if he says annything about launch....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD1Lm4FEvw0
if your talking about the 450w usb3 sg05 your crazy. u'll get a 2600k + gtx680 in that thing and is half the size of this mITX bohemoth

its like the cubitek tank, its not mini at all, its a mATX case sized (silverstone tj08e) but only supports mITX boards

if your talking about the 450w usb3 sg05 your crazy. u'll get a 2600k + gtx680 in that thing and is half the size of this mITX bohemoth

its like the cubitek tank, its not mini at all, its a mATX case sized (silverstone tj08e) but only supports mITX boards

Because your needs are different from his or my needs. This is exactly what I am looking for as well. Try fitting a watercooling option into a sg05. You want to run xxx number loud fans in a tiny case go ahead.

Given the size, and I like that its similar to a mini tank, which is a clone of the windy mc3. You can actually hack the top of this and fit a 200mm or even 230mm fan. I plan to fit a 200mm rad up top. What does this buy me, ability to cool a system, that is actually quite.

If you're looking for something transportable, why is it that something 'smaller' is always 'better'?

The SG05, while being a nice, small case, doesn't offer the ability to seriously water cool or accept various RAID configurations; this doesn't even mention the cabling mess. It's no more portable than a case that is 50% larger that has handles.

This case is a compromise......portability, size, and full of features.

I see your point, but my sg07 wrapped in a towel + mouse + cables fits in my normal sized nike backpack.

a smaller sg05 would mean I could fit more stuff in there, ie: wireless N nas?

I see your point, but my sg07 wrapped in a towel + mouse + cables fits in my normal sized nike backpack.

a smaller sg05 would mean I could fit more stuff in there, ie: wireless N nas?

If you need to get things into a backpack, then the SG05/07 definitely fits your needs better. I see this as a "Throw your mouse/keyboard and cables in a small bag and pick up the tower by the handle" type of rig. It's not necessarily less portable, just different.

Totaly agree :D now that gtx 680 is here Im back in sg05 mode. such amazing gaming power at my grasp... and with ivy comming in a few weeks. its just to much to handle for an entusiast.

but this case still seems awsome

I wish they had added all the front usb ports etc. on top of the case, maybe under the handle or atleast infront of it. Having it on either left/right side might be troubling some people due to how they have their desktops etc.

Yes, saw that quite awhile ago. I have a feeling we're going to be waiting until June.

Yes it is big, but for hassle free water cooling setups and loads of airflow, it's worth it.

Sorry if this has been asked, are the handles and stand removable? I do see screws but are they for the handles and bottom support. Thanks

Whoa. Just compared the Prodigy's dimensions to my FT03's and the Prodigy is bigger in every dimension. Might be too big for me. I'll stick with the FT03-Mini then.

Look at the position of the USB ports etc. Having them on the side is a major fail. They need to be up top, on an angled surface.

I agree with Quartz. The USB/Power Button/AUX Ports placement is a bad choice.

However I look at this case and one thing pops into my mind....

HACKINTOSH!!!! :D

Back