BitFenix new Mini ITX Lan-Party Case

Dammit. I like the wee little Mac clone. Finally an mITX case which can fit proper CPU cooler (as long as the mainboard itelf doesn't screw it up) and GPUs. Too bad I am not living in Hannover any more to check out the cases on the CeBIT fair :(

Seems like the industry is catching on with powerful SFF. Now let's hope the hardware-manufacturers do the same.

Is there any case that is really micro or mini? I have seen many cases on this forum that are regular ATX with mini or micro name.

Is there any case that is really micro or mini? I have seen many cases on this forum that are regular ATX with mini or micro name.

Cases like the SG05 are small. People around here are more into the gaming side of PCs so we tend to see cases that can hold a large GPU. Large GPU and PSU are why many itx and matx cases are larger than they used to be. There are a couple threads here about pico units. You won't be gaming on those though.

I like it. Now they need to release a silver version and companies need to start releasing decent ITX boards.

What's the point? This is going to end up the size of the Cubitek Mini-Tank and then it may as well be microATX at the very least.

Can we PLEASE have some sub-20L gaming mITX cases? Seems to me that the SG05/06/07/08 and the Lian-Li Q11 rule the roost down there a bit. But I hate the Silverstone build quality and the Q11 looks stupid.

This case seems really nice, its a little big but it gives options for HUGE coolers. Maby HD7990 ??, watercooling. 1200W psu. 14cm exaust fan.

This is a hardcore mitx gaming monster in the making :D

What's the point? This is going to end up the size of the Cubitek Mini-Tank and then it may as well be microATX at the very least.

Can we PLEASE have some sub-20L gaming mITX cases? Seems to me that the SG05/06/07/08 and the Lian-Li Q11 rule the roost down there a bit. But I hate the Silverstone build quality and the Q11 looks stupid.

I'd love to see something a little longer than the SG05 but shorter than a SG07. Something in the 11" to 12" length. Definitely no more than 12". Imagine being able to fit a larger psu and gpu in a the SG05 like case. That'd be sweet.

Shouldn't be that much bigger than 20 litres. This case should end up somewhere around 20-25 L (assuming approx. 22*30*35 cm dimensions)

If you compare the rear shot to the SG05 it's clear this case is substantially wider. I'd put the width at more like 250-260mm. This case is pretty similar in size and layout to the Mini Tank, which is 32 liters. Pretty big, really; that's about the size of the mATX TJ08 or FT03.

This case seems really nice, its a little big but it gives options for HUGE coolers. Maby HD7990 ??, watercooling. 1200W psu. 14cm exaust fan.

Judging by the PSU compartment, anything over 160mm won't fit in there without modding (which might not be so good for the structural support of the motherboard). But the rest sounds doable.

If you compare the rear shot to the SG05 it's clear this case is substantially wider. I'd put the width at more like 250-260mm. This case is pretty similar in size and layout to the Mini Tank, which is 32 liters. Pretty big, really; that's about the size of the mATX TJ08 or FT03.
Good point. Just noticed that I assume the ATX shield was 140mm wide but it is of course 160mm. So yeah, more likely to be 250-260mm.

Altough it`s a bit wide for a mini, and bigger. It looks awesome! hopefully they go in production very soon.

This case would need a good mini atx board to go with it, unfortunately most mini boards at the moment are not that good, bar the asus h61, which you can not do overclocking.

Hopefully, board manufacturers would step up the quality for ivy bridge boards.

Liking this design! Lots of cooling options, nice room inside. Looks nice enough to set on your desk.

If only a mITX board was out there that really had the goods for serious Overclocking. Only Zotac and I think Asrock have any offerings, and I think from an OC standpoint those are lukewarm.

Shame I built a big mid tower and I would of jumped on something like this if I could get a proper board. I might still be interested... but we will see...

lol it really DOES look like a mini g5. but i bet if they made a silver one, apple would sue them for patent infringement or something :p

lol it really DOES look like a mini g5. but i bet if they made a silver one, apple would sue them for patent infringement or something :p

lol probably

I am liking what I am seeing inside though. The rear fan looks like a 120 or 140.

from the internal design, it basically looks like how a shuttle sff is configured, except in regard to bitfenix, they added a section below the motherboard to fit regular sized power supplies.
but the top section reminds me very much of a shuttle

Wow so after that walk around....

Bitfenix might be a case maker to watch, these are some very interesting designs and I like the direction they are taking styling.

And yea, that's def a 140/120 capable place in the back. Almost the ultimate lan rig case. Wonder if you could get a 180mm Silverstone AP fan in the front there? He did say a 200mm would fit so meh slap the best 200mm you can find on the front and call it a day lol.

Think the NH-D14 will fit? Ive been looking for a viable mini-itx case for a while now......if only the mobos would catch up. The offering for AM3 boards is pathetic.

Problem with the DH-14 is the location of the cpu sockets is to close to the pci-e slot

... looks stupid? in what way?

Well maybe "looks stupid" was harsh. It's certainly well built and the brushed aluminium is a nice touch. But I swear LL are looking to clear up at the "bland case awards".

I mean there's just nothing going on with the front of it at all really.

And then there's the full ATX PSU (why not just offer SFX support, you can't get anything longer than about 10? inches in there in terms of GPU anyway) and the full size ODD (having a slimline one would allow them to shave some off the height of it).

Personally, I would take LL's build quality and finish with SS's layout. But there doesn't seem to be a well built, well laid out mITX case under about 15L that allows for a half-decent gaming card.

just bring this baby out as soon as possible, already got the fans and power supply sorted.

now what we need is a darn good mini itx ivy bridge board to go with this baby!

I'd much rather have an ITX board that took 4x DIMM slots, even if they were SODIMM only; it'd make 16GB more accessible to the masses, and there are some of us who need that much (or more) on a regular basis already!

Back