Bitdefender Releases Total Security 2014 Beta

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by MajorDomo, Mar 3, 2013.

1. MajorDomo

MajorDomo Stay [H]ard

Wait, What? 2014? Well I guess you have to get up pretty early to beat Bitdefender to the security trough. The company has released a beta of its 2014 version of Total Security Suite for a bit of early testing. A good opportunity to test out a really good security suite with no cost.

2. ReconSniper

ReconSniper [H]ard|Gawd

With the latest sales on Bitdefender 2013 at "Free" or "0.13$" for a year a few weeks back, its hard to upgrade to the newer version to beta test when I have 720 days remaining on my current subscription. For anyone who hasn't tried this product, it seems to work and doesn't hog resources.

3. mynamehere

mynamehere [H]ard|Gawd

I'm in the same boat as ReconSniper. I'd consider giving it a test drive, but I've still got 332 days left on BIS 2012 I got for free.

4. Nocens

Nocens Limp Gawd

i'd be afraid to beta test an antivirus.

5. bpizzle1

bpizzle1 2[H]4U

Eh, I have 20 years worth of Bitdefender keys from the $0.13 sale a few weeks ago. According to their webpage, I should be able to upgrade to future versions as long as I have an active subscription. For that reason, I'll be waiting until they actually release BIS 2014 before I try it...not to mention, beta testing an AV suite seems like a bad plan lol.

6. Godmachine

Godmachine [H]ardForum Junkie

Those keys will only apply onto one account for up to 3 years.

7. bpizzle1

bpizzle1 2[H]4U

During the deal, it was confirmed that the keys don't expire if they aren't used. There's really nothing stopping anyone from just creating a new account to apply another key to if Bitdefender wants to try to limit you to 3 years per account.

8. KarsusTG

KarsusTG 2[H]4U

Isn't beta testing an AV like beta testing a condom? It's great if it works, but...