Bitdefender for $20.13 :)

People still get viruses? I just use whatever comes built into Windows 8 now.

If you have a frys near you they have deals all the time with anti virus software. Just gotta do the rebate, and it ends up being free. Or pay the taxes and envelope/stamp...

If you're using MSE, I guess it would be hard to know if you had a virus ;)

Been reading a lot of MSE not doing to well for Win 8, it was awesome for Win 7.

I'd rather use the free versions of Avast or Avira. Not interested AT ALL with yearly licenses. I'd rather pay $99 for a lifetime license and be done with it. Sure get a deal on it for free or $5, but when the next year comes around I have found it to be hard to find a similar deal. So I end up jumping ship to a competitor or free version. I'm more down for a set it and forget it method as long as the product I'm using is solid.

Normally I agree, but after getting Norton 360 free from Comcast (just google Comcast security), I found it's running the best for me on my system. Ended up getting a 1 year, 3 PC license for $10

Yep, Bitdefender does VERY well in testing, consistently the best for the past 2 years or so. Just didn't run very well on my machine, though it works well for others. I'll never knock Bitdefender, just wasn't for me. I also tried Bullguard, which is a company that matched Bitdefender AV, Outpost FW, plus a few other applications in one suite. Again, my performance sucked, but others have had good luck. Oh well.

I'm thinking of trying it out, though I was also considering NOD32 if anyone else heard of it.

Picked up a copy just the other day, which I've been running with MBAM, and it seems to be working well. Not a nuisance by any means.

I was running MS SE but after all the bad reviews, I figured it was time to jump ship.

Thinking about picking up a couple more copies for family members, since I am always the one that gets nominated to clean their infected machines, I figure its well worth it.

I bit on this one. We have 3 pc's in the house and since MSE is doing so poorly on tests I can't justify keeping it around.

So far so good. definitely not intrusive at all, which is great for the folks.

Damnit, just bought webroot 2013 for windows 8. 5 pcs for $39.99. How does webroot fair to bitdefender in windows 8?

Damnit, just bought webroot 2013 for windows 8. 5 pcs for $39.99. How does webroot fair to bitdefender in windows 8?

they're both excellent products - personally, i prefer WSA (webroot) because of its lighter system impact and webroot's better quality of product support, and because of their more progressive, forward-thinking approach to malware remediation. there's a lot of really cool tech under the hood.

based on tons of client installs i've performed in the last couple years, bitdefender tends to have somewhat heavy system impact, can be extremely quirky/crash-happy depending on the system (some folks have no issues, some folks have nothing but issues). however, when it works, it works really well.

personally, on my machines, i'd take WSA over bitdefender every time.

License start at purchase or activation?

based on my experience, bitdefender keys don't "start" until inserted during product activation.

Back