Bitcoin Slide Continues Towards $8K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of this and users pendragon1 and Gideon I have essentially quit this board. When it gets better I may come back. Ah by the way, I have a genius IQ, multiple degrees and lots of IT experience. Yet some crypto noobs rule this board and hate all day. Good bye.

I think you'd be well served by NOT assuming that everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot and/or ignorant. Intelligence and arrogance need not go hand in hand.

That said, I wasn't actually trying to make the environment hostile, and probably went a bit overboard. If so, I'm sorry. Driving people away is detrimental to the community and was not my intent.

Last edited:
Because of this and users pendragon1 and Gideon I have essentially quit this board. When it gets better I may come back. Ah by the way, I have a genius IQ, multiple degrees and lots of IT experience. Yet some crypto noobs rule this board and hate all day. Good bye.

People make their own choices based on their own personal parameters.

By the way, waving the genius IQ/multiple degree/IT experience around does not mean anything, in the context of this discussion. I could wave the same flag, but there is no point to that.

Nothing about a high IQ is an indicator of how you might apply what you know.
Multiple degrees mean you can follow instructions and are able to read and remember.
IT experience,....it is a job requiring a skillset. No different than any job requiring a skillset.

Good luck wherever you land.

The sooner you come to grips with the fact that even as low as the market has been recently, crypto currencies still have a market cap of $322 Billion. Regardless of how little you like it, people are going to pay attention to that kind of money. It doesn't matter how "wasteful" you think people are being.

I'm sorry, what is your point? That I can't wish cryptocurrency away? I never that claimed I could.

When the bubble pops and 99.9% of coins are utterly worthless, then that will be that.

I'm sorry, what is your point? That I can't wish cryptocurrency away? I never that claimed I could.

When the bubble pops and 99.9% of coins are utterly worthless, then that will be that.

I would be happy too, but I really do not see it happening. I really think there is more going on here than what anyone knows about, but that could be my tin foil hat fitting too tight.

I would be happy too, but I really do not see it happening. I really think there is more going on here than what anyone knows about, but that could be my tin foil hat fitting too tight.

*shrug* I have yet to see a cogent argument as to why this isn't a good old fashioned bubble.

Any economist worth a damn can tell you that are many, many examples of historical technological advances creating bubbles, and in almost every case statements like "this is revolutionary" and "it'll be different this time" get bandied about. Cars, airplanes, you name it. What ends up happening is the new technology gets incorporated into the economy, a few people get rich (often deservedly so), and a bunch of speculators lose their shirts. If there is an argument why this time will ACTUALLY be different, I have yet to see it.

ahahahahaha really? one less miner with a bullshit attitude ruining this site and industry is fine by me.

You keep saying that, but you keep coming back, also you might want to get your money back on those degrees

You people are being straight up mean. Is repressed anger something common for video game people? Is that why so many video games are so violent? Have you seen murder first hand or smelled burning human bodies? It's not something I would enjoy simulating in my living room.

that makes no sense but...
when someone/thing is destroying something you love, yeah it can get heated.

You people are being straight up mean. Is repressed anger something common for video game people? Is that why so many video games are so violent? Have you seen murder first hand or smelled burning human bodies? It's not something I would enjoy simulating in my living room.

What are you on?

There are plenty reasons to hate crypto, from it's obvious bubble status, to the fact that it is used to finance illegal activities, is directly and indirectly responsible for people dying, used to fund hostile state actors, has emboldened the malware industry and is directly responsible for the gpus shortage. That last one mattering less than the others.

Yes block chain will have some real world applications, that doesn't excuse the current abuse.

Ah yes, I look forward to my daily [H] article

What I hate is coming to a site that I have visited almost daily for 20 years

34 posts and you just registered Jan 27, 2018. Go back to Reddit? :rolleyes:

1 (21).jpg

clearly retarded. The internet isnt even 20 years old.

....fuck what year is it? How old am I?
not old enough I guess 'cause I remember the internet in '95, it was painful...
and he lost his old account(s).

are you Jack Thompson? seriously, is that you Jack?

such contempt for gamers,

are you Jack Thompson? seriously, is that you Jack?

such contempt for gamers,

I do not know who Jack Thompson is and I am not him.

I am assuming that this is slanderous, though I may be wrong. Is Jack Thompson someone who murders "gamers:?

I do not know who Jack Thompson is and I am not him.

I am assuming that this is slanderous, though I may be wrong. Is Jack Thompson someone who murders "gamers:?

1 (83).gif

Interesting that you bring up slander. Typical lawyer tactic. Since your Google is broken here is a link.

TLDR version:

db anti-gamer lawyer
GTA is the DEVIL!

Sorry, looks like another six month of no GPUs. Also, all people that say having an education is dumb, well you are dumb and grasping at anything to prove your point. Everyone knows having an education earns you millions more over a career. Don't let me stop your hate fest though, it's quite entertaining.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nv...sible-cryptocurrency-demand-might-drop,2.html

Nvidia and AMD have both been decelerating the developments of their new GPU architectures and prolonging their existing GPU platforms' lifecycle, the sources said, adding Nvidia's next-generation GPU architecture Turing will not enter the mass production until the third quarter.

Last edited:
Sorry, looks like another six month of no GPUs. Also, all people that say having an education is dumb, well you are dumb and grasping at anything to prove your point. Everyone knows having an education earns you millions more over a career. Don't let me stop your hate fest though, it's quite entertaining.
I think I might have quoted the wrong person and there's no need to call people dumb... And I do have education, and am comfortably well off either way in my investment, income, etc, etc...

I was referring to see my sig as in reference to the PoC... Look at my STORAGE! I've got over 320TB of space for PoC :D

I think this slide is different. What is telling to me is the plunge in transactions, both in BTC and ETH. I see a downward spiral; people won't trade unless prices increase but prices aren't going to increase unless more people are buying in, which there doesn't appear to be a good reason to right now.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nv...sible-cryptocurrency-demand-might-drop,2.html

Nvidia and AMD have both been decelerating the developments of their new GPU architectures and prolonging their existing GPU platforms' lifecycle, the sources said, adding Nvidia's next-generation GPU architecture Turing will not enter the mass production until the third quarter.
so youre staying then? you'll have a better time by not bragging about IQ, degrees and calling people dumb. also nobody said an education is dumb, I believe the merit of yours was called into question though.

so youre staying then? you'll have a better time by not bragging about IQ, degrees and calling people dumb. also nobody said an education is dumb, I believe the merit of yours was called into question though.
I can't help using your words to make you look like you don't have a grip on reality. Maybe you and your ilk will get tired of being made to look a fool. In any event, it's fun to watch the others rip your arguments apart. I don't have to login or post to view your posts, I have seen several bursts of utter stupidity that I restrained myself from responding to, since all that will happen is you will use logic like "going to college is stupid", or some such logic that can be destroyed in a millisecond.

Reading this thread, my IQ dropped like BTC during the Chinese New Year. Not that it was very high to begin with.

It is entertaining, though.

Bitcoin is hella volatile. It could hit $10 tomorrow or $50K in 2 years. Some people like the technology, some like the idea of a decentralized currency, others just like the "get rich, Holmes!" idea of it all.

It's just fun for me. I just have a good time with it and don't take it too serious.

College is stupid, too. :D (I have a shit IQ, a couple degrees, and a little IT experience... Not that it really matters).

what the fuck are you even talking about?! go crawl back under whatever rock you came out from under or go find where I ever said collage is stupid, fucking try i dare you!

Don't bother, I took a casual look at his post history and immediately regretted its impact on my IQ. He won't mature any time soon and the best course of action is to just ignore him.

I should have known the second I saw him brag about IQ on the internet...

what the fuck are you even talking about?! go crawl back under whatever rock you came out from under or go find where I ever said collage is stupid, fucking try i dare you!
Look up the word ilk genius. QED.

Look up QED while you are at it.

lol riiiight. I know what those mean and they do not address my post at all. nice deflection.
Oh but it does, I never specifically said you, I said you and your ilk. So I proved what I said. So anyway nice being able to prove you wrong once again. Have a nice one, someone richer and smarter than you.

I mean a simple sorry I didn't specifically say you, no big deal, no reason to spray the f word towards me. Geez.

Oh but it does, I never specifically said you, I said you and your ilk. So I proved what I said. So anyway nice being able to prove you wrong once again. Have a nice one, someone richer and smarter than you.

I mean a simple sorry I didn't specifically say you, no big deal, no reason to spray the f word towards me. Geez.

This has to be the dumbest trolling, but I guess I've responded twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back