Bitcoin and XRP, Time to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like Bitcoin and Doge right?
Your lack of ability to understand it doesn't effect it's value nor does it make it a scam. I've already made over $1k profit so I guess this is a very valuable "scam".

We know it doesn't have the functionality of other coins and we chose to take the risk. I don't care why the price continues to increase, your seeming confusion is irrelevant.
Just like Doge.

NOT just like Bitcoin.

Good luck.

I remember almost a decade of “doge will never reach 1c”
Circulating supply131.4 billion DOGE [a]as of September 23, 2021
Supply limitUnlimited Exactly five billion Dogecoins will enter circulation each year.

Reactions: mikeo
like this
Aside from the stupid high supply…

There is also this type of concern, my cousin shared this.

Attachments

• 1635437544184.jpeg
    1635437544184.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 0
Aside from the stupid high supply…

There is also this type of concern, my cousin shared this.
I'm not saying you're wrong about the points you're bringing up, I'm saying there's a lot more to the value of these coins than just overall usefulness. It's never going to have long lasting value but ,like Doge, I'm investing in it's popularity. The value of this token is based on the hope that it's popularity and the millionaire dream will raise the value enough that us early adopters get a good payout. Kind of like a lottery ticket with better odds. As long as you understand that there's nothing wrong with it.

I'm not saying you're wrong about the points you're bringing up, I'm saying there's a lot more to the value of these coins than just overall usefulness. It's never going to have long lasting value but ,like Doge, I'm investing in it's popularity. The value of this token is based on the hope that it's popularity and the millionaire dream will raise the value enough that us early adopters get a good payout. Kind of like a lottery ticket with better odds. As long as you understand that there's nothing wrong with it.
So the value of it is that it is a pyramid scam?

I don't think you know what a pyramid scam is.

The value of the coin is going up, I'm making money. You all can whine, cry and complain all you want and it makes no difference to the actual value of the coin.
It’s exactly what you described, get in early and get rich and the rest are left holding the bag. That’s essentially how you described the ‘value’ of Shiba.

Reactions: travm
like this
It’s exactly what you described, get in early and get rich and the rest are left holding the bag. That’s essentially how you described the ‘value’ of Shiba.

Well, you just described the entire world stocks, options, and futures markets. Lots of bag holders lose their money everyday. That how it works, there is a winner and a loser and everyone playing the game knows this. You had better dump your 401k cause it's major liquidity driver of this huge scam. Buy those shares low and sell 'em high to the Greater Fool! It's ok as long as you get to retire comfortably am I right?

Better not cash those social security checks either if you feel that strongly about it. That's the world's biggest pyramid scam right there. Just think in the next 20 years or so you'll get to see a REAL pyramid scam implode if you live that long. SHIB will be the least of your worries.

Well, you just described the entire world stocks, options, and futures markets. Lots of bag holders lose their money everyday. That how it works, there is a winner and a loser and everyone playing the game knows this. You had better dump your 401k cause it's major liquidity driver of this huge scam. Buy those shares low and sell 'em high to the Greater Fool! It's ok as long as you get to retire comfortably am I right?

Better not cash those social security checks either if you feel that strongly about it. That's the world's biggest pyramid scam right there. Just think in the next 20 years or so you'll get to see a REAL pyramid scam implode if you live that long. SHIB will be the least of your worries.

No, real stocks have a value which is the company underneath. So you are left holding the company and if you did your research you would have purchased at a good price based on the value. If you speculate and overpay then you get short term losses but can usually ride it out or lower your average purchase price by buying more and wait for a rebound.

Options and futures is just gambling, I have no comment there. But at least it is based on the value of the company underneath and where people think it is headed and can be based on metrics. A coin with no value other than pumping and dumping to make the original purchasers rich is a scam. The fact that you guys are deflecting and can't describe the value of the coin shows how worthless it is. At least BTC has the alternative gold angle and Ethereum has the smart contract angle. What does Shiba provide?

No, real stocks have a value which is the company underneath. So you are left holding the company and if you did your research you would have purchased at a good price based on the value. If you speculate and overpay then you get short term losses but can usually ride it out or lower your average purchase price by buying more and wait for a rebound.

Options and futures is just gambling, I have no comment there. But at least it is based on the value of the company underneath and where people think it is headed and can be based on metrics. A coin with no value other than pumping and dumping to make the original purchasers rich is a scam. The fact that you guys are deflecting and can't describe the value of the coin shows how worthless it is. At least BTC has the alternative gold angle and Ethereum has the smart contract angle. What does Shiba provide?
No one is deflecting, the value is what people are willing to pay for it just like any product or company stock. You seem to be conflating value with usefulness and you still don't understand what a pyramid scam is.

Despite your tantrum and tears my Shiba is currently worth hundreds of times more than what I paid for it so whatever is going on is working for me.

No one is deflecting, the value is what people are willing to pay for it just like any product or company stock. You seem to be conflating value with usefulness and you still don't understand what a pyramid scam is.

Despite your tantrum and tears my Shiba is currently worth hundreds of times more than what I paid for it so whatever is going on is working for me.

No tears or tantrums, just discussing investing and why Shiba is a poor investment. It’s great that you cashed out because when whales start a sell off you would have been stuck with the true value of the underlying asset which no one here can even describe.

At least BTC has the alternative gold angle

No, that's just the value YOU placed on it. Many people disagree with your statement. BTC is just like SHIB, exactly like it actually. Yet you can justify BTC's 'value' by saying it is a gold alternative. Well maybe SHIB is a silver alternative? Or a copper alternative? Or a pink dildo alternative? I can say whatever I want and assign a value to SHIB just like you did to BTC. BTC has no value other than what two people agree it's worth. Exactly like SHIB. Exactly like the US Dollar, which is backed by the full faith and trust in the US government (lol). Or your 2008 Pontiac Vibe. Or Hunter Biden's artwork ($500K each?!). Or my belly button lint. Can we at least agree on that?

I mined my first Bitcoin way back in 2011. Then it was just kind of a joke. It wasn't used for anything really and once it started trading it was called a scam and a pyramid by many people. But now somehow it has real 'value' and large companies and financial institutions are sucking it up. Why? What's different about it now versus then? Nothing. Nothing at all. It's the same thing now as it was then. I would imagine someone like you was on the scam and pyramid side when BTC first started, but somehow now you have changed your belief. It's because you decided that since it's $60k on Coinbase it now magically has 'value' as a gold alternative. Now it's no longer a scam or a pyramid to you. What if SHIB shot up to $10K overnight? Does it have value then, or no it's still a pyramid?

If you have an argument about SHIB being a scam or a pyramid then you have to believe that about all crypto. It's all the same. Maybe you do believe that?

Look, I'm not a SHIB fan or a fan of the approximately 93,000 other shitcoins. I do not care about the 'tech' or the supposedly decentralized nature, or replacing the dollar or sticking it to the man or whatever helps people justify their behavior. There is a financial system with a set of rules that we all play by, no denying it. You can reject some of it, all of it, none of it, whatever. But, if you truly want to be free in this country, free from slave wage labor, free from getting out of bed early in the morning, free from bathing or brushing your teeth or whatever you want to be free from, it takes cash. You have to play by the rules of the system. That's why I care about the value that others place on something. If buying a digital token that I think is worth a dollar that tomorrow someone else will pay me two dollars for how is that wrong? I got what I wanted and they got what they wanted. I don't understand how that is a scam or a pyramid? If I can make money on SHIB, BTC, NFTs, or my belly button lint what is wrong with that? I'm not going to care if something has 'value' or not if there is another party willing to give something that I deem valuable back to me in exchange.

Oh and don't forget about the social security thing I mentioned earlier. I am intensely interested to hear your viewpoint on whether that is a pyramid or not please. I'm completely serious about that.

Anyone else in on this?

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/squid-game/
https://www.dextools.io/app/bsc/pair-explorer/0x683c425d917e8fef34c8bbbeab57246dd2a8b718
https://squidgame.cash/

Edit: okay so it shot up to over $220 just as I finished typing this... I wonder who is buying this the market cap is like 142 billion hahah
Edit: oof there goes my $250 LOL

View attachment 408364
That definitely looks like a scam, here on coinmarketcap.com:
"We have received multiple reports that the website and socials are no longer functional & the users are not able to sell this token in Pancakeswap. Please do your own due diligence and exercise extreme caution. This project, while clearly inspired by the Netflix show of the same name, is not affiliated with the official IP."

That definitely looks like a scam, here on coinmarketcap.com:
"We have received multiple reports that the website and socials are no longer functional & the users are not able to sell this token in Pancakeswap. Please do your own due diligence and exercise extreme caution. This project, while clearly inspired by the Netflix show of the same name, is not affiliated with the official IP."
Scam confirmed. Will anybody go to prison for it? Doubt it.

https://www.engadget.com/squid-game-cryptocurrency-scam-073957132.html

I have 50 Gs. Good time to buy coin?
Which one and why?

Bitcoin is the safest bet with good opportunity.
Ethereum is also a very solid choice.
When it comes to those two coins I'd buy when you get the chance as they tend increase in value more than decrease.

If you want to take a gamble for potential greater gains Shiba is the token to bet on now. It's likely never going to reach more than a few cents at most but you can buy about 12 million tokens for about $1k and if it gets anywhere near 1 cent you'd be making close to a million dollars. Again, this is far more of a gamble than Bitcoin or Ethereum but offers the greatest gains in the shortest period of time if it plays out.

If I were you and had $50k to use on crypto today I'd buy 2 Ethereum tokens for about $9K, $40k on Bitcoin and $1k on Shiba.

Thanks a lot. This seems like sound advice. Will ether have legs post proof of stake transition? Isn’t there a risk that it tanks in value as demand slows down especially from miners?

I'll probably throw some more BTC at SHIB - I'm curious to see if the Robinhood and Tesla rumors play out. I more than doubled my $30 CAD investment into SHIB at one point, so I got a taste for those quick gains.

I'm also curious to see how their 'burning' of coins based on token renaming scheme plays out.

Bitcoin is the safest bet with good opportunity.
Ethereum is also a very solid choice.
When it comes to those two coins I'd buy when you get the chance as they tend increase in value more than decrease.

If you want to take a gamble for potential greater gains Shiba is the token to bet on now. It's likely never going to reach more than a few cents at most but you can buy about 12 million tokens for about $1k and if it gets anywhere near 1 cent you'd be making close to a million dollars. Again, this is far more of a gamble than Bitcoin or Ethereum but offers the greatest gains in the shortest period of time if it plays out.

If I were you and had $50k to use on crypto today I'd buy 2 Ethereum tokens for about $9K, $40k on Bitcoin and $1k on Shiba.
The global money supply is somewhere between 80 trillion and 100 trillion valued in USD across the entire world's money supply and asset value according to several sources I just looked up.

There were originally one quadrillion Shiba Inu tokens. (yes I know a tremendous portion of the tokens were burned)

There are 1,000 trillion in 1 quadrillion.

Good luck seeing Shibu Inu become 1-2 cents unless it becomes the single world currency, and then also the world currency total multiplies 100x's over it's current total value.

Somebody check my math.

Seeing that this won't happen, I wouldn't hold my breath on Shibu Inu doing much more than leave you holding the bag. If you haven't already had this consideration yourself, then you will most likely be the bag holder.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. This seems like sound advice. Will ether have legs post proof of stake transition? Isn’t there a risk that it tanks in value as demand slows down especially from miners?

There is constant fluctuation with these coins, one of the things to note is the overall direction of the fluctuations. if you look at both Ethereum and Bitcoin, even with the fluctuations, their values consistently trend upwards and projected values for the coins to hit by 2023 are $10k for Ethereum and $300k for Bitcoin.

Shiba is a flash in the pan, right now it's super popular because owners are trying to get it to around one cent in which case they will dump their coins causing the price to drastically plummet. After this it may recover a bit but, like Doge, it may never hit it's peak price point again or if it does it'll take years. if you cashed out then you'd be sitting pretty and could then dump those profits into bitcoin but if not you'll probably have lost a few hundred dollars and will have to wait and hope Shiba hits that price point again.

Somebody check my math.
That make sense considering that :
In 2020, global GDP amounted to about 84.54 trillion U.S. dollars

The one quadrillion could be argued I think, considering how manipulated it is, but the general point seem sound (has if it is now .6 or 1.2 quadrillions, it woud be the same point), but math wise I think you can change:
and the world currency multiplies 100x's over in total value.

For 1 time, it would I think only require to be the only currency on earth

Decentraland is going to be a good investment for the near future.

Price looks like a good buying point right now.

1638546161959.png

I have 50 Gs. Good time to buy coin?
Which one and why?

Maybe? The market tanked hard this week but has started recovering. Everyone's worried that within a few months the bullrun will end and crypto will tank 90% across the board then stay in a bear cycle for a few years. But with inflation levels going on right now who knows when it could end, so maybe this is just a side effect of the short-term fear about inflation countermeasures. It looks like the economy is in trouble and we can't really lower rates anymore so I guess it's either crank up the money printer some more to try and save it, inflation be damned, or raise rates to combat inflation but crash the economy right before mid-terms.

Stocks are just as much of a scam as crypto but with a much lower rate of return so I don't understand that argument. Look at PE ratios right now as an example. I'd research some coins you think have potential and invest into them. I wouldn't bother with SHIB or DOGE really unless you're looking for a quick 10-30% gain in a best case scenario and will sell immediately after that. You're no longer going to make millions off of those with a few thousand invested. My philosophy is to only look at things that are decentralized, proof of work, and legitimately seem to offer some sort of progress. So far that outlook has worked well with Kadena and DOGE (I think the fact that something like DOGE is dirt cheap and highly available to anyone is an improvement over something like bitcoin where poor people would only ever own 0.0000001 of a coin even if it's virtually a copy+paste otherwise). I would say ETH has done well despite my doubts about it (governance is centralized and progress has been slow on improvements, both of which I think are bad for the long-term outlook of it).

I would say ETH has done well despite my doubts about it (governance is centralized and progress has been slow on improvements, both of which I think are bad for the long-term outlook of it).
Well imo, ETH while not my fav, and that is why I am deep in Poly Matic, it's established in so many businesses and projects. Yes it has a lot of short comings but it is a beast because of how entrenched it is. It won't be going anywhere for a long time.

I'm hoping it keeps crashing through the end of the year so I can buy a bunch with my bonus before it starts climbing again.

Lost 4K in coin past week. Exciting af. :mad:

I mean, I had 15k in stable coin that I dumped into ETH on the dip.

I always look at it as, "When do I need this money?" and "Do I expect the price to be higher or lower at the time I need the money?" Personally, I'm not pulling anything out of the crypto space for at least another 10-15 years as I should be gainfully employed until then. I don't know that SHIB and DOGE will be serious coins at that time, but I am pretty confident that ETH and BTC will still be around and at somewhat higher values than they are today.

At least BTC has the alternative gold angle

No, that's just the value YOU placed on it. Many people disagree with your statement. BTC is just like SHIB, exactly like it actually. Yet you can justify BTC's 'value' by saying it is a gold alternative. Well maybe SHIB is a silver alternative? Or a copper alternative? Or a pink dildo alternative? I can say whatever I want and assign a value to SHIB just like you did to BTC. BTC has no value other than what two people agree it's worth. Exactly like SHIB. Exactly like the US Dollar, which is backed by the full faith and trust in the US government (lol). Or your 2008 Pontiac Vibe. Or Hunter Biden's artwork ($500K each?!). Or my belly button lint. Can we at least agree on that?

I mined my first Bitcoin way back in 2011. Then it was just kind of a joke. It wasn't used for anything really and once it started trading it was called a scam and a pyramid by many people. But now somehow it has real 'value' and large companies and financial institutions are sucking it up. Why? What's different about it now versus then? Nothing. Nothing at all. It's the same thing now as it was then. I would imagine someone like you was on the scam and pyramid side when BTC first started, but somehow now you have changed your belief. It's because you decided that since it's $60k on Coinbase it now magically has 'value' as a gold alternative. Now it's no longer a scam or a pyramid to you. What if SHIB shot up to $10K overnight? Does it have value then, or no it's still a pyramid?

If you have an argument about SHIB being a scam or a pyramid then you have to believe that about all crypto. It's all the same. Maybe you do believe that?

Look, I'm not a SHIB fan or a fan of the approximately 93,000 other shitcoins. I do not care about the 'tech' or the supposedly decentralized nature, or replacing the dollar or sticking it to the man or whatever helps people justify their behavior. There is a financial system with a set of rules that we all play by, no denying it. You can reject some of it, all of it, none of it, whatever. But, if you truly want to be free in this country, free from slave wage labor, free from getting out of bed early in the morning, free from bathing or brushing your teeth or whatever you want to be free from, it takes cash. You have to play by the rules of the system. That's why I care about the value that others place on something. If buying a digital token that I think is worth a dollar that tomorrow someone else will pay me two dollars for how is that wrong? I got what I wanted and they got what they wanted. I don't understand how that is a scam or a pyramid? If I can make money on SHIB, BTC, NFTs, or my belly button lint what is wrong with that? I'm not going to care if something has 'value' or not if there is another party willing to give something that I deem valuable back to me in exchange.

Oh and don't forget about the social security thing I mentioned earlier. I am intensely interested to hear your viewpoint on whether that is a pyramid or not please. I'm completely serious about that.
This is not a pyramid scheme, but a new currency market that is growing rapidly and will soon change our economy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back