Bit the bullet and got a 5T 64GB

Vengance_01

Supreme [H]ardness
I just can't stand my S7 edge anymore. I hate all the bloat, I hate the poor battery life(now), and most of all the inconsistent performance. After installing Linage 14.1 on my old LG G3 so my daughter can stop stealing me and my wife's phones, I forgot how nice it is to have the latest versions of Android(7.1.2 vs 7.0) no bloat, better responsiveness on a device that has much older hardware. While yea I should probably wait for the 6 but I want to try and get the best re-sell value for my current S7 edge. To me at this time its still best all around phone out there at this price range that still supports T-Mobile Wifi calling and VoLTE thats new

With the discount I was able snag the phone plus there safe and sound pack(got the sandstone case) glass protector and there bullet V2 headphones for 520$ shipped to my door. I spent 470$ for my gently used S7 edge about 16 months ago. Now to play the waiting game...

Nice, the 5T seems like a great buy and would be on my short list if I was to replace my 6P today. It has received pretty good reviews anywhere I've seen one and seems to keep up with or outperform many flagships nearly twice its price in a few key areas (like UI performance and battery life). I really wish the Mate 10 (non-Pro) was available in the US or I would probably get one of those immediately just for its IR blaster and stereo speakers combo that I've missed since I replaced my M8 a couple years ago.

It's probably a good thing you didn't wait for the OP6, because it seems that OP is consistently jacking their prices up with each release and who knows if the 6 will be worth $550-$600+. I'm not sure I'll ever buy a $600+ phone again, even through a carrier on their payment plans or gimmicky upgrade programs. There are a lot of competitive phones out now that aren't priced ridiculously and are definitely worth considering or you can still buy newer used phones and have warranty available on them (I was able to RMA my 6P and a Moto phone with no issues after buying it used at least). Regardless, even if I can afford a $800+ phone, buying them new just reinforces to the OEM that they can and should keep jacking the prices up on their flagships to even more ridiculous levels. I was very disappointed that the 2 XL was priced at $850 and don't think any phone is worth that regardless of how nice it may be, but having any considerable flaw (like a mediocre display) pretty much makes it impossible to consider for me at that price.

Last edited:
Nice, the 5T seems like a great buy and would be on my short list if I was to replace my 6P today. It has received pretty good reviews anywhere I've seen one and seems to keep up with or outperform many flagships nearly twice its price in a few key areas (like UI performance and battery life). I really wish the Mate 10 (non-Pro) was available in the US or I would probably get one of those immediately just for its IR blaster and stereo speakers combo that I've missed since I replaced my M8 a couple years ago.

It's probably a good thing you didn't wait for the OP6, because it seems that OP is consistently jacking their prices up with each release and who knows if the 6 will be worth $550-$600+. I'm not sure I'll ever buy a $600+ phone again though even through a carrier on their payment plans or gimmicky upgrade programs. There are a lot of competitive phones out now that aren't priced ridiculously and are definitely worth considering or you can still buy newer used phones and have warranty available on them (I was able to RMA my 6P and a Moto phone with no issues after buying it used at least). Regardless, even if I can afford a $800+ phone, buying them new just reinforces to the OEM that they can and should keep jacking the prices up on their flagships to even more ridiculous levels. I was very disappointed that the 2 XL was priced at $850 and don't think any phone is worth that regardless of how nice it may be, but having any considerable flaw (like a mediocre display) pretty much makes it impossible to consider for me at that price.
you are right for sure. 500$ is the upper limit of what I wanted to spend. But overall it's still a great phone. I thought about the used route but I really wanted stock or near stock Android, good custom Rom support in case I get bored and top tier specs for less. To ne honest ever since the 3/3T i have been wanting to try another one plus since the first one plus phone.Based on the latest reviews I can deal with the camera performance. It's good enough and that's okay with me.

I'm not sure if you knew this and it's too late now, but I see you're on T-Mobile from the other T-Mo thread and they've had the Moto Z2 Force priced at $375 for a while now, which is a pretty good deal on a high end phone. Moto seems to be pretty good about updating their Z line of phones and they pretty much run stock Android. The Z2 Force was one of the first phones on Oreo and my wife's (unlocked on T- Mo) Z Play has got monthly security updates since she got it pretty much, though they have always been about a month behind (she just got the December security update a couple weeks ago).

I was pretty excited for the Z2 Force before it launched because my wife's Z Play has been a stellar phone overall, much better than the Note 5 it replaced in every regard except for camera (which is still adequate) and it runs as fast or faster than any newer Samsung phone despite having half the specs. I've at least put it side by side with my mom's GS7 and it was a tad faster still at loading most things or in general UI navigation. But the Z2 Force disappointed me when it launched because Moto decided to severely gimp its battery compared to its predecessor (2700 mAh vs 3500ish) and I was kind of put off by its soft plastic (Shatter-shield as they call it) screen that scratches pretty easily and its initial price ($700). But for $375, I'd be willing to buy it still and just put a glass screen protector on it and use the battery mod that my wife got with her phone and never needs. Otherwise it seems like a solid phone that has flagship specs for $375 straight up.

I'm not sure if you knew this and it's too late now, but I see you're on T-Mobile from the other T-Mo thread and they've had the Moto Z2 Force priced at $375 for a while now, which is a pretty good deal on a high end phone. Moto seems to be pretty good about updating their Z line of phones and they pretty much run stock Android. The Z2 Force was one of the first phones on Oreo and my wife's (unlocked on T- Mo) Z Play has got monthly security updates since she got it pretty much, though they have always been about a month behind (she just got the December security update a couple weeks ago).

I was pretty excited for the Z2 Force before it launched because my wife's Z Play has been a stellar phone overall, much better than the Note 5 it replaced in every regard except for camera (which is still adequate) and it runs as fast or faster than any newer Samsung phone despite having half the specs. I've at least put it side by side with my mom's GS7 and it was a tad faster still at loading most things or in general UI navigation. But the Z2 Force disappointed me when it launched because Moto decided to severely gimp its battery compared to its predecessor (2700 mAh vs 3500ish) and I was kind of put off by its soft plastic (Shatter-shield as they call it) screen that scratches pretty easily and its initial price ($700). But for $375, I'd be willing to buy it still and just put a glass screen protector on it and use the battery mod that my wife got with her phone and never needs. Otherwise it seems like a solid phone that has flagship specs for $375 straight up.
main reason was battery life..

The Moto Z2 Force with its snap-on battery pack could be a pretty sweet phone!

you are right for sure. 500$ is the upper limit of what I wanted to spend. But overall it's still a great phone. I thought about the used route but I really wanted stock or near stock Android, good custom Rom support in case I get bored and top tier specs for less. To ne honest ever since the 3/3T i have been wanting to try another one plus since the first one plus phone.Based on the latest reviews I can deal with the camera performance. It's good enough and that's okay with me.
A couple of good ROMs are XXX No Limits and Lineage. I've used both on my OP5. I just upgraded to Oreo so am running stock, at the moment.

A couple of good ROMs are XXX No Limits and Lineage. I've used both on my OP5. I just upgraded to Oreo so am running stock, at the moment.
Is the beta stable enough to run daily? I know they just did Open Beta 3 for the 5T I think. Debating to jump right to 8.0 or stay with 7.1.1

Is the beta stable enough to run daily? I know they just did Open Beta 3 for the 5T I think. Debating to jump right to 8.0 or stay with 7.1.1
I'd stick with 7.1.1 until the official 8.0 is ready for the 5T. I tried the beta on my 5 and it caused a soft brick. Took almost an hour to recover my phone.

Phone came in. Man this thing is silky smooth. Build quality is among all the top manufacturers. Screen is very good. It's not note 8 or iPhone X but it's bright clear good solid colors. Yes you can tell it's not a QHD display but text is still just as sharp and in day to day you can't tell the difference. I am enjoying face unlock for non payment or app authentication. Fingerprint reader is solid no complaints. I enjoy the touched one plus built into stock Android. Battery looks pretty solid. I have not had much time to mess with the camera much but photos should be just fine. It's no pixle camera or even a Samsung s8 but it's good enoguh. For 500$ the only thing I really will miss from my s7 is wireless charging. While dash is supper nice I loved the ability to just set it on my nightstand to charge without the need to plug in. All in all very happy with the phone and I am looking forward to the 8.0 official release with the iPhone X gesters

Just a Quick update... Battery life is fantastic! 6 hours of screen on time and still 29% battery life. That is just mine boggling. This is the best phone I have owned.

Updated to the 8.0 official release. No issues to report. This continues to be a great phone. One touch other manufacturers should do is a pre-applied screen protector even if I will replace it with a opo tempered glass version

Man this phone can get some insane SoT...

Attachments

• Attach6070_20180311_122719.png
    Attach6070_20180311_122719.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 13
Back