Bit-Tech article: "How I Got My Job at Nvidia"

Man, so he was a BF2 server admin and a total gamer and just went to community college and works at Nvidia. Why did my buddy ever go through 8 years of University and get a Masters of Engineering to work there as well? Sheesh! :)

Man, so he was a BF2 server admin and a total gamer and just went to community college and works at Nvidia. Why did my buddy ever go through 8 years of University and get a Masters of Engineering to work there as well? Sheesh! :)

At least he has a job there? I think there's different fields of knowledge that will apply to different things that a gpu company would want. For example the person who runs Nvidia's marketing campaigns probably has ZERO knowledge in electrical engineering or anything of that nature, but they would be essential to the success of the business.

So basically:
"Bawww my buddy went through 8 years of school so companies are obligated to hire him."

:rolleyes:

I read through the article and this guy seems really cool, down to earth and very responsible. You also missed out on a bunch of other stuff;

By day I went to school and worked at the motorcycle shop, and by night I maintained the 30+ game servers for Nvidia in it headquarters datacenter: odd, no? Additionally, I volunteered my efforts to Nvidia at trade shows like E3 and Quakecon, while gaming with some Nvidia employees in my spare time (yup, more BF2).

He was not just some gamer that lived in his parents basement.

Um I would think your friend is doing much more complicated work and is making way more money than this guy.

Damn, what a fortunate guy.

nice pics too, nVidia seems like a cool place to work at.

Back