BIPII - Will it fit?

Hatebreed

n00b
Has anyone managed to get a BIXII into this case?

I'm putting my order into dangerden within the next day, would love confirmation if anyone has this case.

If you remove the 3.5" bays and all but the top 4 5.25" bays it should work. I have the Dragon case which looks to be the same dimensions, and just has 4 5.25" bays, and there's enough room in that.

Most cases cannot fit a 120.2 rad in there without cutting up the exterior anyway, so be happy! lol

The only ones that I have ever found that could fit one without modding were the ones I mentioned in my:
"OMG OMG I FOUND A CASE!!!!"
thread. (You can see how happy I was.)

the Gigabyte 3D Aurora and the Cooler Master Stacker 810 (both not out, both scheduled for July release) have dual 120mm fan holes in the back. The normal Cooler Master Stacker (definitely out) can mount up to a 120.3 rad on the front, sacrificing varying amounts of drive bays in the process.

A 120.2 sits inside my Antec Sonata. Installed it without any modding or cutting whatsoever, and all bays are still accessible. Amazing case for water cooling.

Yep, that's the one. Here's a pic - give you any ideas?

p1010552_8x6.jpg

wow. Makes me reeaally want it. How're your temps (seems like might be a little high with the rad right in the middle of everything)? is there any way to get some kind of fan in the front of that thing? On newegg it seemed to indicate there wasn't anything.

Since the other case I had my eye on 1, isn't out yet, and 2, is a full tower, I just might get that one. Smaller (good, I originally wanted a mid tower) AND definitely cheaper.

I'll put it on my list (see sig). :p

Oh wow, never even thought of that.

There is hope for me yet, as I just ordered it from DD. At least now I can load 3*400GB Seagates and a Raptor in.

Yeap, thats going to be a bit of a problem, I have a BFG 7800GTX I bought with leftover cash :D.

Would 2xBIP work out the same as a 120.2? Saying if I put a papst -> BIP -> papst -> BIP with tubing passing water through both, It would take up less space.

4 passes as opposed to 2. I think the 120.2 will work slightly better, but the main difference is cost. :p If you can afford it by all means use 2 x 120.1 rads.

Canceled the order on BIPII...

Probably going to do a BIX 120.1 for now... Might take a dremel to it tomorrow afternoon.

This is why I use Lian Li's only!

7800 I think would touch the fans, thats one long card. I have an x800xt pe currently, which I plan to hang onto for ahwile.

My primary goal was silence, but its nice to get a bit of a boost on the performance side as well - I'm happy with a solid 2500 mhz from my 3200. Those are low flow papsts on the rad. So the rad location doesnt seem to be an issue at all.

Anyway I was just trying to illustrate what is possible with a little out of the box thinking. IMO thats what wc'ing is all about as a hobby.

You don't want a BIX Anything unless you have loud-ish fans. The ariflow is too restricted through them, compared to a BIP.

oohhh calvin_q has a storm block ::drools:: anyways I have a chieftec case which is along the same lines. For me to get a dual heatercore in without shoving it farther in the cas elike calvin_q i had to remove the extra bay, the hard drive bay, and dremel a rectangle out the front. The placement can reduce or increase your temps because you want to draw cooler air (most often from outisde the case) through the heatercore

This isnt my rig but it basically looks like this:

vert.jpg

I cool my cpu, and graphics card with it (i have ramsink on the gpu ram) and i run dual 120cm fans running at only 5v so that it is quiet

Seems like a pain in the butt but once you get it secure it looks like it was meant to be there

Holy mother of res's. Now there's a pump that will never suffer from inadequate NPSH :eek:

Is that a custom relay setup in the bottom left? Looks like it. Once had something similar until I switched it out for a pci relay card.

you think that would work well without dremeling?

If you don't want your pump to suffer from feelings of inadequacy, there's a simple fix. Iwaki. :D What pump is that?

Back