BioWare's new IP: Anthem

I dont say much on gaming companies and games.

My thoughts are this. Back in day westwood made CnC, Red Alert.
Them games are still great games.

Why? because companies cared about Customer/Gamer, they didn't release unfinished product.

Reason? Because Customer/Gamer would not buy unfinished product and or Product of poor quality.

I run lawn care and landscape business, Simple business logic. I tell customer, I sell them quality service at XX amount. I fail deliver my product's / service's to customer.

I will not get customer's business again, my business will have bad reputation for selling bad quality service's / Product's.

Its simple business model, Is Business in question failing in quality?
Is business failing at promising quality products / Games?
Is Customer tried of empty Promises from business?

You answered. Yes all 3. Then stop buying products from company. And quit crying about business do something about the business. Dont let business get away with low quality products. Customers are always right.

Most powerful advertising and advertisements tools business has is word to month......The Customer....

Customers have 2 powers over any business.

1. Customer's have power make successful business

2. Customer's have power bankrupt business.

Honestly i dont care for E/A. There just like johndeere, your paying for name nothing else. There games are poor quality and business is mess.

E/A will burn down as Rome Empire. What comes up, must come down. Reason E/A needs lawyer's is keep there money, so they dont lose it, from all there stupid choices they've made.

E/A and AT&T are same business's to me, they buy small companies and turn them to make profit and dont care about quality or customers they serve. They care about money abd and nothing more. Thats asking for cheap products and shitty customers and poor quality control.

Less to do with caring about the consumer and more to do with the difficulty of patching issues post launch back in the 90's without a digital infrastructure to deliver patches directly to your system through the internet.

Less to do with caring about the consumer and more to do with the difficulty of patching issues post launch back in the 90's without a digital infrastructure to deliver patches directly to your system through the internet.

Thats why gaming businesses can get away with what ever they want and do what they do.

Care less about customer? You customer dont care yourself, why would business care?

You dont understand business 101.

because they announced it
I don't see where does it say the game will not be finished for launch? It says multiplayer will be released after a free single player dlc. Nothing else.

Thats why gaming businesses can get away with what ever they want and do what they do.

Care less about customer? You customer dont care yourself, why would business care?

You dont understand business 101.

Trying to decipher your word salad.

In the 90s patching often required shipping patch files to consumers, which adds immense cost to the process of patching, so the business decision was primarily based on economics, was to take extra time on Q&A to reduce the likelihood of needing to ship those patches.

Today the market is large enough that customer opinion is by and large irrelevant. How else can EA lead in worse company award and change nothing? Hint the answer is the sentence prior.

I dont say much on gaming companies and games.

My thoughts are this. Back in day westwood made CnC, Red Alert.
Them games are still great games.

Why? because companies cared about Customer/Gamer, they didn't release unfinished product.

Reason? Because Customer/Gamer would not buy unfinished product and or Product of poor quality.

I run lawn care and landscape business, Simple business logic. I tell customer, I sell them quality service at XX amount. I fail deliver my product's / service's to customer.

I will not get customer's business again, my business will have bad reputation for selling bad quality service's / Product's.

Its simple business model, Is Business in question failing in quality?
Is business failing at promising quality products / Games?
Is Customer tried of empty Promises from business?

You answered. Yes all 3. Then stop buying products from company. And quit crying about business do something about the business. Dont let business get away with low quality products. Customers are always right.

Most powerful advertising and advertisements tools business has is word to month......The Customer....

Customers have 2 powers over any business.

1. Customer's have power make successful business

2. Customer's have power bankrupt business.

Honestly i dont care for E/A. There just like johndeere, your paying for name nothing else. There games are poor quality and business is mess.

E/A will burn down as Rome Empire. What comes up, must come down. Reason E/A needs lawyer's is keep there money, so they dont lose it, from all there stupid choices they've made.

E/A and AT&T are same business's to me, they buy small companies and turn them to make profit and dont care about quality or customers they serve. They care about money abd and nothing more. Thats asking for cheap products and shitty customers and poor quality control.
Idk. Marketing doing pretty good to cram a game down your throat. Like Anthem. It was a in proven new IP and that turd was so hyped up that they still sold like 6 million copies. Sure the game got planned bad but they got their money from it. They probably have a skeleton crew working on it now while the majority of the developer was put on a new project.

I don't see where does it say the game will not be finished for launch? It says multiplayer will be released after a free single player dlc. Nothing else.

That means the "game" is not finished as a part of it is missing

Not necessarily. Based on their wording it sounds like MP is something they're only working on after all the single-player content is done releasing. This means MP isn't even part of the main game, but something entirely separate from it.

LOL people still defending Anthem I see. If you are comparing the shitshow of Anthem to BL3 or what CyberPunk will likely be....all I gotta say is "come on now".

Anthem:
1.) Was not even the same game show just a year before.
2.) You can easily login BL3....at Launch you could not say the same for Anthem.
3.) The Fight / Customization system in BL3 was amazing Day 1.......Anthem was a bucket of shit.
4.) How many times now has Anthem revamped their road map now? Is this the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time...I've lost count at this point.

Then that's every game that ever had a DLC added later. As for multiplayer that is completely unrelated and unnecessary for the single player experience to be complete. You're moving the goalposts as this literally has nothing in common with live service games where each time you try to play something you got used to changes. And half the game is at placeholder level at release.

Anthem is the fifth best-selling game of 2019

Anthem is the fifth best-selling game of 2019, according to US tracking group NPD...That’s right behind Mortal Kombat 11, Kingdom Hearts 3, Madden NFL 20, and The Division 2 and according to the full August report, Anthem has even outdone the likes of Resident Evil 2, Red Dead Redemption 2, and GTAV this year...

https://www.pcgamesn.com/anthem/sales

Anthem is the fifth best-selling game of 2019, according to US tracking group NPD...That’s right behind Mortal Kombat 11, Kingdom Hearts 3, Madden NFL 20, and The Division 2 and according to the full August report, Anthem has even outdone the likes of Resident Evil 2, Red Dead Redemption 2, and GTAV this year...

And no one is playing it. Also RDR2 and GTAV weren't even released this year. RDR2 probably sold 4x the copies last year's. GTAV sold like 60 million so yea.. Funny what a lot of marketing and hype can do?

The game is literally dead......sure they suckered in ALOT of people in the beginning. But its dead, and no one will trust bioware again.

And another key employee has fled the company. Chad Robertson, the head of live services for Bioware, has announced that he is leaving. Robertson seemed to be the person put in charge of Anthem (and was certainly the "face" of the game) following Ben Irving's departure, but not anymore. He claims Anthem is in "good hands" and to "expect great things" but well with TWO heads of Anthem quitting in such a short time span I think it's pretty telling what can be expected going forward, a whole lot of nothing.

And another key employee has fled the company. Chad Robertson, the head of live services for Bioware, has announced that he is leaving. Robertson seemed to be the person put in charge of Anthem (and was certainly the "face" of the game) following Ben Irving's departure, but not anymore. He claims Anthem is in "good hands" and to "expect great things" but well with TWO heads of Anthem quitting in such a short time span I think it's pretty telling what can be expected going forward, a whole lot of nothing.

Given that the 2 leads are most likely responsible for the current state of the game it might actually help that they are gone, Diablo 3 for instance was made a lot better after wilson got "promoted" away from the project.

Given that the 2 leads are most likely responsible for the current state of the game it might actually help that they are gone, Diablo 3 for instance was made a lot better after wilson got "promoted" away from the project.
They need to stop beating the dead horse and let the game go already. The damage has already been done and will not attract people back to it. They can try again with part 2 but give it proper development support.

Even if they manage to fix the game, then who is it for? People already written it off as a failure. There is no way they can get back people to the table. And they know that so I doubt more than a skeleton crew are working on it by now.

Seems like a good opportunity for a Jim Sterling post mortem video reiterating how badly EA and Bioware fucked up this release...

The game is literally dead......sure they suckered in ALOT of people in the beginning. But its dead, and no one will trust bioware again.
Dragon Age 4 will mark Bioware's triumphant return to form, ankle biters be damned.

Dragon Age 4 will mark Bioware's triumphant return to form, ankle biters be damned.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. After Andromeda and Anthem I wouldn't be surprised if EA producers and managers are breathing down Bioware's neck and telling them what to do. DA4 will likely be yet another half-assed live service game.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. After Andromeda and Anthem I wouldn't be surprised if EA producers and managers are breathing down Bioware's neck and telling them what to do. DA4 will likely be yet another half-assed live service game.

Unwanted live service garbage elements has already been confirmed.

I'm going to take your post as both sarcasm and not ( /s missing ).

Inquisition (Dragon Age III) had many, many great elements. It's entirely possible for EA to allow Dragon Age 4 to succeed.

And also entirely possible for it to be a steaming pile of shit, because EA.

You over estimate the intelligence of gamers. Literally just look at Blizzard and the hype for D4 after the crap that was D3 launch, cellphone games, and Hong Kong.

People will line up to buy the next thing BioWare shovels into them as long as it’s ME or DA. Gamers are by in large zombie goats consuming everything shovelled towards them and companies know it.

Literally just look at Blizzard and the hype for D4 after the crap that was D3 launch, cellphone games, and Hong Kong.

Or are gamers actually just logical in understanding that despite Blizzard's most recent missteps that Diablo 4 might still be a good game, since it is its own game after all?

Or are gamers actually just logical in understanding that despite Blizzard's most recent missteps that Diablo 4 might still be a good game, since it is its own game after all?
And that, among other self justifications, is why games are just consumer whores, and why companies need not fear anything gamers say.

Seriously, D4 has al the early warning signs of being shit, I mean ‘always online’.

Last edited:
And that, among other self justifications, is why games are just consumer whores, and why companies need not fear anything gamers say.

Okay.

I'm justifying judging something on it's merits.

You're justifying your prejudice.

Seriously, D4 has al the early warning signs of being shit, I mean ‘always online’.

...and?

Okay.

I'm justifying judging something on it's merits.

You're justifying your prejudice.

...and?

I am saying it doesn’t matter how you (or I) judge things, the mass market has spoken and the mass market doesn’t care about: review scores, past performance, corporate ethics, or actual quality of the game. It’s proven time and again, hype something enough, give it the right title, and $$$$.

Nothing I say will change this, but if you’d pull your head out if your merit wagon built for one, you’d see what I originally responded too ‘no one will trust BioWare again’ and called it on it’s absolutely proven BS.

I am saying it doesn’t matter how you (or I) judge things, the mass market has spoken and the mass market doesn’t care about: review scores, past performance, corporate ethics, or actual quality of the game. It’s proven time and again, hype something enough, give it the right title, and $$$$.

And yet Mass Effect's III and Andromeda happened?

Nothing I say will change this, but if you’d pull your head out if your merit wagon built for one, you’d see what I originally responded too ‘no one will trust BioWare again’ and called it on it’s absolutely proven BS.

I didn't say anything about trusting them. They put out a good game, I'll buy it and enjoy it. They don't, I'll skip it.

I'm just not prejudging.

You should poke your head out of your anti-gamer bubble more often. This is not remotely exclusive the gamers and never has been. You should take a look in the mirror and examine how many products you buy without regard to the actions of the company making it before demonizing millions of people for doing exactly what you do yourself.

You should poke your head out of your anti-gamer bubble more often. This is not remotely exclusive the gamers and never has been. You should take a look in the mirror and examine how many products you buy without regard to the actions of the company making it before demonizing millions of people for doing exactly what you do yourself.

You know nothing about my purchasing habits, you are just justifying your own.

You know nothing about my purchasing habits, you are just justifying your own.

I don't need to know your purchasing habits because you are a human, you are no different from the billions of other people on the planet.

I don't need to know your purchasing habits because you are a human, you are no different from the billions of other people on the planet.

lol, then you know I am right and it bugs you.

Also I am commenting on games in the gaming section of the forum, so my comments are specificly related and on pointz

Not really. Just making a point about judging others by things you do yourself. Glass houses and all that.

What ever makes you feel better. You still know nothing about my purchasing habits, you just assume.

What ever makes you feel better. You still know nothing about my purchasing habits, you just assume.

You own a computer. You own other electronics. You support Foxconn and other similar companies by doing doing so.

You own a computer. You own other electronics. You support Foxconn and other similar companies by doing doing so.

And to the best of all possibilities (including available products and need, such as can’t run a business on paper and typewriter, gotta have computers which means Foxconn etc) I limit purchases based on available data regarding corporate ethics. You don’t care, good for you, I don’t care why you don’t, it doesn’t matter.

You want to broaden it to all people rather than gamers, fine, but that’s a whataboutism in the topic.

You want to talk glass houses to shut down opposition you don’t like, suck it.

I have said my peace, unless there is something new not addressed, that’s all folks.

Edit: I guess not quite, because this is in specific about games, toys that are completely superfluous to life. You want to buy from a company that actively silences critic of one of the greater crisis’ in the world today so you can play the latest shiny hack n pew fest, yeah, i’m Judging you.

Last edited:
And to the best of all possibilities I limit purchases based on available data regarding corporate ethics. You don’t care, good for you, I don’t care why you don’t, it doesn’t matter.

You want to broaden it to all people rather than gamers, fine, but that’s a whataboutism in the topic.

You want to talk glass houses to shut down opposition you don’t like, suck it.

Its not whataboutism its looking at a bigger picture. You have some anti-gamer agenda and try to demonize gamers for something that is not exclusive to gamers. Hell, its not even as big of a problem in the gaming space as it is elsewhere.

I'm not "shutting down opposition" I'm calling your argument and your entire stance stupid and hypocritical.

And yet Mass Effect's III and Andromeda happened?
Those games are the antithesis of not prejudging.
ME3 was a great game. You can't judge a 40 hour game based on the last 10 minutes. It's like judging a relationship based on the day you broke up.

And Andromeda was a much better game than Dragon Age Inquisition, but "influencers" decided it was crap. that's not making up your own mind. That's letting others dictate what to think about a game.

As for Diablo 4 it does look crap. If someone told me I'm seeing diablo 3 on the screen I'd have believed them /I never played any diablo game before/ as it really doesn't look like a current gen game, yet everyone is drooling over it. WHY?

Those games are the antithesis of not prejudging.
ME3 was a great game. You can't judge a 40 hour game based on the last 10 minutes. It's like judging a relationship based on the day you broke up.

But you're talking about the ending, after having had played the whole game...?

And Andromeda was a much better game than Dragon Age Inquisition, but "influencers" decided it was crap. that's not making up your own mind. That's letting others dictate what to think about a game.

Hey, I loved both; even played Andromeda on Normal --> Hardcore --> Insanity back to back because I flat out liked playing it. I also didn't catch even a whiff of the annoyances that 'influencers' found, though I don't put much stock into my own opinion here due to my very apparent bias.

The main point is that neither really lived up to their commercial expectations, so much so that EA abandoned Andromeda's planned sequels. A move today which seems pretty stupid, but it's EA.

As for Diablo 4 it does look crap. If someone told me I'm seeing diablo 3 on the screen I'd have believed them /I never played any diablo game before/ as it really doesn't look like a current gen game, yet everyone is drooling over it. WHY?

A point I've already tried to make (somewhere) -- Diablo has never been a 'current gen game' in terms of graphics. Both because that's not Blizzard's art style (or their art style doesn't require it), but also because their target market is much broader than those that would buy AAA-games at least partially for their graphics. The same can be said for stuff like Overwatch, Starcraft, or properties from other companies like Valve's DOTA 2 or Riot's League of Legends. The latter two which play decently well on modern integrated graphics hardware.

Back