BioWare's new IP: Anthem

Anyone able to download the demo, yet? The preload was supposedly made available yesterday, but I didn't see it in my Origin library. Do we have to manually go looking for it or something?

And how was it? I'm going to see if I can download the demo later today.
Well you can't actually play the demo until tomorrow. Those of us who were in the closed alpha have already shared our opinions of that version.

Anyone able to download the demo, yet? The preload was supposedly made available yesterday, but I didn't see it in my Origin library. Do we have to manually go looking for it or something?

Try going to the Anthem page in Origin. I found the option to get the demo under the purchase button at the top of the page (it was listed as a trial for me since I have Origin Access).

Try going to the Anthem page in Origin. I found the option to get the demo under the purchase button at the top of the page (it was listed as a trial for me since I have Origin Access).
Thanks, I'll have a look after work.

Yup, it's there. I may as well try this myself. Nothing to lose.

And how was it? I'm going to see if I can download the demo later today.

I don't know. If you launch the game you get a splash screen and a single menu. There are no servers to connect to, so nothing happens. However, artwork wise, music wise and on a very basic level, its basically Destiny with Iron Man suits that have a somewhat Mass Effect / Dead Space styling queues to them. The story premise is very similar. Last human city, Earth is trashed, etc. etc.

Well you can't actually play the demo until tomorrow. Those of us who were in the closed alpha have already shared our opinions of that version.

Right. I wasn't in that, but I have talked to two people that were who were kind enough to share their opinions with me. One of them is super excited and gung-ho for the game while still admitting its a lot like Destiny. The other is quite worried about it and isn't sure he's going to buy it. I don't know what to expect beyond the similarities with Destiny, but I do anticipate the shooting mechanics won't be as tight as Destiny. That's basically Bungie vs. EA and whatever engine Destiny uses vs. Frostbite. I think that's a reasonable expectation. Any Halo game has tighter shooting mechanics than anything EA has ever been a part of. One friend also said there were performance issues with Anthem, like lag spikes client synchronization issues etc. This doesn't surprise me either. Although, I hope that will be rectified when the demo and full game go live.

43 Gig download 6 hours for me so I won't be able to play the game unless I have EA access?

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this

Game looks like a mix of Firefall and that Trion game Defiant I think it's called. I really liked Firefall never played enough of it to see what it was a about.
In the video the Lead level designer is a chick gotta like that.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Will try again later. Origin crashed a few times and things of that nature. I've seen a number of complaints about that.

I watched some gameplay of this...honestly, it looked really boring. Sort of Destiny-esque but even less action, somehow, with bullet-sponge enemies.

I watched some gameplay of this...honestly, it looked really boring. Sort of Destiny-esque but even less action, somehow, with bullet-sponge enemies.

Unfortunately my impression so far as well. Hoping that changes upwards soon.

Game looks like a mix of Firefall and that Trion game Defiant I think it's called. I really liked Firefall never played enough of it to see what it was a about.
In the video the Lead level designer is a chick gotta like that.
You mean defiance? I think that was better. Much better, than anthem. Actually that was the only MMO I actually enjoyed playing.

Whether the level design is bad or good that has nothing to with anybody's gender.

pre-loading now...so...which character are people going to choose: Ranger, Colossus, Storm or Interceptor?...which is most fun to play?...I'm leaning towards Storm or Interceptor

I want to be excited for this game, but unfortunately I'm not seeing anything that excites me. Parts and pieces, but not a whole. I think Division 2 will be a much better CO-OP MP experience, and BioWare's traditional story-driven SP fans will react "meh at best" and move away to 4A and CDPR. I hate to be this cynical, but I think EA is going to run all their Dev Houses into the ground trying to force "games as a service" to work, and take many of the IP's I love with them.

Does this have much of a story mode? Main reason I played BioWare games. Seems like the main focus is on co-op. That's fine for the people who have time for that. I just want to know if there is that deep BioWare story to go with it.

Does this have much of a story mode? Main reason I played BioWare games. Seems like the main focus is on co-op. That's fine for the people who have time for that. I just want to know if there is that deep BioWare story to go with it.
From what we saw in the alpha it looks like there is a good amount of story in the game, and every thing can be done solo. I'm giong to be playing the demo tonight to see if they give us more.

Done everything there is to do in Destiny at the moment. Picked up this and Division 2 to so I'm excited to jump into this drmo tonight.

hopefully they fixed the transition from ground fighting to flying. Flying fucking blow for PC users.....I bet it works great for consoles though....And how come no first person view?

I will hold out on this. Besides I got Metro Exodus coming soon!

Anyone been playing with a controller? I'm tempted given the style of the game.

I used the xbox one wireless controller in Alpha and works great. It's almost like the game made for controller instead of m/kb. I used the controller to fly and m/kb when I'm fighting and hopefully they fixed flying in kb/m.

It's kind of surprising that they'd have jacked with flying with KBM given how well it works in ME:Andromeda...

But you didn't fly in ME:A. You were only able to hover.

Actually, not entirely true. A very popular mod for that game is the "Iron Man" mod which allows you to fly around as the name implies. It controls very well despite the game not having built with that in mind.

Anyone been playing with a controller? I'm tempted given the style of the game.

Hell no.

LJvHGxp.jpg

I used the xbox one wireless controller in Alpha and works great. It's almost like the game made for controller instead of m/kb. I used the controller to fly and m/kb when I'm fighting and hopefully they fixed flying in kb/m.

Of course it is. The PC version is a console port. Everything BioWare does save for Star Wars: The Old Republic has been for over a decade.

I didn't like the art style and skipped the demo offer. Guess I'll have to read about it and find out if game-play is good.

I want to be excited for this game, but unfortunately I'm not seeing anything that excites me. Parts and pieces, but not a whole. I think Division 2 will be a much better CO-OP MP experience, and BioWare's traditional story-driven SP fans will react "meh at best" and move away to 4A and CDPR. I hate to be this cynical, but I think EA is going to run all their Dev Houses into the ground trying to force "games as a service" to work, and take many of the IP's I love with them.

I'm interested in Div 2 but I have Div 1 and not super thrilled with it. (it's OK though I guess)
I like Ghost Recon Wildlands a bit better.

I'm having issues connecting...I was able to get into the game once and wander around the beginning hub area but once I tried to start a free roam mission the game froze...now I'm not even able to log into the game as it gives me a server connection error

Back