BioWare Officially Drops Support for Mass Effect: Andromeda's Single-Player

I liked the game (more or less) but I don't see the point of playing through it again. It's not like your decisions matter all that much and you can re-spec your character at will. Enemies seem to scale so that having better weapons never actually seem to do any more damage. Enemies took the same number of shots in the final battle as they did in the first in spite of my Dhan and Black Widow being level VIII.
You can explore everything however you want, even after the "end" of the game, too. There's just no reason to play it again (or via NG+) unless you just really, really liked the combat.

I finally did some some of the post-ending stuff last night and I'll likely uninstall it tonight. It was a good purchase and I certainly got my money's worth (80'ish hours), but I'm done with it.

Well, let's just wait for Cyberpunk 2077 before saying that, ok?

I am eagerly awaiting that game since I could never get into the witcher. It just seems like 2077 is going to be the actual release date for that title.

I am eagerly awaiting that game since I could never get into the witcher. It just seems like 2077 is going to be the actual release date for that title.

I'm really hoping CD Projekt pulls this one off. From what I've read it sounds like they're at least treating the IP correctly. This studio is golden in my view after Witcher 3.

As for ME:A, I really do hope they stick with the Andromeda path for a sequel (and a big IF there is a sequel). The concept itself is solid and plenty of places to go.

I'm really hoping CD Projekt pulls this one off. From what I've read it sounds like they're at least treating the IP correctly. This studio is golden in my view after Witcher 3.

As for ME:A, I really do hope they stick with the Andromeda path for a sequel (and a big IF there is a sequel). The concept itself is solid and plenty of places to go.

I'm betting that we won't see a sequel for some time and what path they end up taking is anyone's guess at that point. We might even get a reboot for the franchise if too much time passes between games.

Welp, I picked up ME:A at target for $20 and started playing last week. So far, the combat and movement are nice - I like that they tried to give more options besides simply moving from cover to cover, however some of those options seem completely OP, but at least it's a choice. Writing/characterization is meh. It'll probably be worth $20.

I probably should've played The Witcher's DLC first though - I'm not gonna remember anything by the time I get around to it.

Welp, I picked up ME:A at target for $20 and started playing last week. So far, the combat and movement are nice - I like that they tried to give more options besides simply moving from cover to cover, however some of those options seem completely OP, but at least it's a choice. Writing/characterization is meh. It'll probably be worth $20.

I probably should've played The Witcher's DLC first though - I'm not gonna remember anything by the time I get around to it.

I think most agree the combat itself in ME:A was the bizarro world version of ME. In all other ones the combat was okay/serviceable but the story and characters pulled you along. This time you hate everyone you encounter (or should), and can't hit Skip fast enough to get to the next shooty bit.

The witcher DLC is stellar, and just the right level of stand-alone. You will be fine if you plunk back in and play it. They are (mostly) self-contained stories. The second is arguably best played after you finish the main story, otherwise why Geralt is spending so much time not saving the world seems odd.

Back