BioWare Employee Celebrates and Mocks TotalBiscuit’s Death

many people are glad inside their hearts when their enemies die.
some of then simply lack the self control of avoiding making those feelings public.
the guy is not a sociopath, actually a very straightforward and honest person.
nothing to be shamed here, except the hypocritical behavior of the mob haters.

Looks like Logan Paul found a friend. Another person who can disrespect the dead.

some of then simply lack the self control of avoiding making those feelings public.
It's a bit harsh to classify a critic as an enemy. Isn't it? Of course you're glad when your mortal enemy dies who is out to kill you. But this is very far from that.
I never wish death to my critics and if you do then your moral compass is seriously misaligned. I hope you don't pass those morals on to any offspring.

Looks like Logan Paul found a friend. Another person who can disrespect the dead.
I'm not a fan of the idea that you can only say good things about the dead. Just because someone dies they don't suddenly become saints. Their sins and mistakes should just as well be remembered as the good deeds.
But being glad that someone had died who certainly didn't deserve it is another thing entirely. I hope you can see the difference between the two.

BioWare needs a new HR/new-hire screening process.
Between this idiot, the "anti-white people" hipster, and their animation department they sure dropped the ball.

Wow what a piece of shit.

Nothing like dancing on someone's grave to make you look like a fucking asshole.

I am not trying to make any false equivalences here but I gotta ask: isn't there a single person in the world who's death wouldn't make you even a bit happy? There has to be something in the world that you really care about. Like REALLY FUCKING LOUD motorcycles, polluters, real life cartoon villains. Come on man, give me anything.

One guy who works for BioWare isn't representative of the entire company. This guy is a shitbag, I'd agree, but I'm reasonably certain he doesn't speak for his overlords.
Precisely, in fact he'll probably be canned soon for his stupidity.

Awful. There's just no grace in today's society.

Very sad situation.... thought and prayers for all of TotalBiscuit's friends, loved ones, etc. I wouldn't wish that on on anyone.

I don't agree at all. In fact, death makes no difference to me with respect to a person and what I think of them. If other people want to mourn the life of someone who they never knew (thousands of people die every day that we don't know) then that's on you, but don't expect people to hush up just so you don't feel upset. Totalbiscuit after my brief Google research over the last 5 minutes was just 1 voice among millions of others out there giving their opinion, and frankly would not and does not affect me in the least but that's likely due to the fact that I don't read, listen, or watch anything regarding opinions or reviews of games. In fact, I found quite a few things Totalbiscuit said that are downright shitty and stupid. If you live on the internet as he undoubtedly did, then he is open to as much if not more scrutiny as the videogames he bitched about.

Frankly, all of this is about as stupid to me as when people get all emotional over celebrity deaths. Equally pointless and stupid in my opinion. Life is too short for me to worry about people I don't know... especially people who I know nothing about who they really are.

It's not for the benefit of the person who died. Nothing anyone can say will affect him at all. It's for the benefit of the people who cared about him, who are still alive and as far as you know did nothing wrong. There's just nothing to be gained from slamming the recently deceased, and by holding off for a while you might avoid making someone's life shittier when they are already having a hard time.

I am not trying to make any false equivalences here but I gotta ask: isn't there a single person in the world who's death wouldn't make you even a bit happy? There has to be something in the world that you really care about. Like REALLY FUCKING LOUD motorcycles, polluters, real life cartoon villains. Come on man, give me anything.

likely there are.

however it was totalbiscuits job to criticize video games.

this guy took it to heart and instead of trying to do better he decided dancing on his grave was a better idea.

this guy being happy his critic is dead doesn't make his work better and in fact it has now cost him his job.

so well done, he'll never have to worry about it videogame critics again cause he'll never be part of anymore.

True freedom of speech is only enjoyed by government and university employees. They are permitted to express any person opinion, and it is utterly impossible for them to lose their livelihoods. No matter how vile, those entities will say they can't do anything about their employees exercising their 1st Amendment rights. If you aren't lucky enough to work for one of those two entities, your freedom of speech, on your own time, is actually quite limited since people, primarily on the left, view threatening your employment as an effective means of silencing people they don't agree with. We do not all enjoy the same rights to freedom of speech. We now have a dual class system.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018...no-state-professor-attacks-former-first-lady/

BioWare needs a new HR/new-hire screening process.
Between this idiot, the "anti-white people" hipster, and their animation department they sure dropped the ball.

You are thinking of that racist piece of shit Manveer Heir. As for the animation department, it was the rushed nature of the game's development after fucking around for most of the five years between ME3 and ME:A. They didn't have time to fine tune the animation and let their software do it all for them. I'm sure QC caught it and they went forward anyway thinking they could fix it post release and no one would mind. It was management that pushed on hoping the fans were stupid sheep that would forgive these errors. Evidently, they forgot that many Mass Effect fans were still salty over ME3's ending and the issues that came about by it being rushed out the door too soon.

Death penalty for annoying you? Are you serious?

This may sound crazy to you, but if I disagree with or dislike someone, I don't want them to die of cancer. I just want them to stop being a problem for me. If the person I don't like dies, I would have mixed feelings; glad they're no longer a problem for me, not happy they had to die in a horrendous manner.

I'm not sure what about his statement makes you think he's not sociopathic, since that's characterized by having no compassion for others and having no conscience. Pray tell, if him rejoicing over the death of a game reviewer he didn't like is NOT sociopathic, what would the sociopathic reaction be?

It's not for the benefit of the person who died. Nothing anyone can say will affect him at all. It's for the benefit of the people who cared about him, who are still alive and as far as you know did nothing wrong. There's just nothing to be gained from slamming the recently deceased, and by holding off for a while you might avoid making someone's life shittier when they are already having a hard time.

This is exactly right, thanks for really getting to the crux of the argument. Especially with public figures, whose families will be even more exposed to everyone's opinion of their loved one. Guy wasn't a war criminal for god's sake. He was just a dipshit at times. Like all of us.

Wow, this blows my mind that TB had so many people that 'hated' him. I'd encourage anyone that doesn't know who he is, to check out his videos.

If you check out the Kotaku message boards, there are people celebrating his death enmasse.

It doesn't even make sense.

This may sound crazy to you, but if I disagree with or dislike someone, I don't want them to die of cancer. I just want them to stop being a problem for me. If the person I don't like dies, I would have mixed feelings; glad they're no longer a problem for me, not happy they had to die in a horrendous manner.

I'm not sure what about his statement makes you think he's not sociopathic, since that's characterized by having no compassion for others and having no conscience. Pray tell, if him rejoicing over the death of a game reviewer he didn't like is NOT sociopathic, what would the sociopathic reaction be?

Sorry, this was strictly for posterity.

Wow, this blows my mind that TB had so many people that 'hated' him. I'd encourage anyone that doesn't know who he is, to check out his videos.

If you check out the Kotaku message boards, there are people celebrating his death enmasse.

He went against the established system, and people disliked that.

For years the system worked perfectly for the game devs and reviewers. Reviewers got advanced copies of games, trips, meals, merchandise, etc. in exchange for never writing negative reviews. Then Youtuber's like TB came around and started telling gamers how they actually felt about the games they were playing. TB ruined everything.

He went against the established system, and people disliked that.

For years the system worked perfectly for the game devs and reviewers. Reviewers got advanced copies of games, trips, meals, merchandise, etc. in exchange for never writing negative reviews. Then Youtuber's like TB came around and started telling gamers how they actually felt about the games they were playing. TB ruined everything.
There are droves of people who don't like reading negative things about games they liked. I actually started writing short reviews of games about 12 years ago to spite them.

Free speech. Freedom not to listen. Also, reap the benefits of your actions buddy. I have lots of opinions I don't air because of my industry reputation and potential impact on perception of my employer. Keeping them offline and in conversations with friends is part of being an adult.

Plus obviously Total Biscuit was awesome. Mass Effect Andromeda was shit. Man whose sobriquet is Cynical Brit is a bit cynical shock.

I'm not a fan of the idea that you can only say good things about the dead. Just because someone dies they don't suddenly become saints. Their sins and mistakes should just as well be remembered as the good deeds.
But being glad that someone had died who certainly didn't deserve it is another thing entirely. I hope you can see the difference between the two.
I agree, but the worst thing that Total Biscuit did was give his opinion of those games. Not worth disrespecting.

I don't like a lot of people. I don't like John McCain, Dubya, H.W. Bush, Al Gore, and many (many) others. I didn't even necessarily agree with TotalBiscuit all the time. You know what? Cancer sucks. Dying slowly/painfully really -expletive- sucks. I can respect other humans enough to say: "My condolences to the family in their time of loss." This is especially a kid dying before a parent, because that's something I don't wish on people.

Vultures who need to gloat (especially publicly) when someone dies, they're just sad creatures who lack human empathy.

Well if you compare a videogames to a life I mean the guy has no brain basically. Just make the game better and you won't have something wrecking your hard won handy work.

Wow...what a pile of shit. His tweet rant is ridiculous and petulant
Dickhead

As for only saying good of the dead. I don't subscribe to that at all, but this guy was just a game reviewer.

not like when Maggie Thatcher died. Everyone rejoiced

People still go to Kotaku?

Having a father die of cancer I know the emotional and physical toll it takes on the person and family. I don’t wish that on anybody.

Having said this, out of respect I don’t dance on people’s graves regardless of the persons “beliefs” as long as they do not have direct influence in my life or family. For example, there are some politicians that do have direct effects on my life due to their voting patterns. I won’t mention names but some politicians keep getting re-elected and their presence literally causes misery and discord. Since the only thing that will stop their behavior is death, well I won’t shed a tear but I won’t celebrate either.

I disagreed with TB’s politics but his views or behavior has no effect on my life other than mild annoyance. The moment he had any influence the story changes.

Why do people think this kind of stuff is “not classy” or “distasteful”?

You don’t get a pass for dying. You don’t suddenly become the best version of yourself for dying. If you were an asshole to people those people don’t have to accept your best traits just because you died.

They should get to keep their opinion they had of you when dead as they did when you were alive.

Keep your opinion of him if you hate his guts. That said, have some PR sense and don't tweet shit like "zOMG I'm glad he died of cancer because he didn't like my game!" I mean, you CAN. You have the right to do that. But it's very, very stupid.

WTF is wrong with people?

Whatever gaming-related grievances anyone may have had with TB are completely irrelevant to the situation; this guy was a perfectly good human being who died young. Have enough dignity and respect to not be a fucking shit-throwing chimp every chance you get.

Wasn't Bioware infested pretty thoroughly by anti-gamergate SJW outrage culture types? Those are the types of people who'd openly mock someone for having cancer, wish them dead then celebrate when they pass. Not surprised by this at all.

Yeah, but much of the industry is now full of those types, not just EA/Bioware. They know controversy sells, and take advantage of it in the most un-empathetic and asinine way possible. Or there's the younger crowd that actually think they're "progressive" and believe in "freedom" yet literally have no idea what either of the two terms really mean or entail. That would be a large chunk of the young people coming out of most US universities and colleges. I have trouble finding any that actually believe in free speech or the things required to have it, they just think it's a good thing to tout and actually practice the opposite. It's doubly sad for me because I'm, socially, very liberal and a little more conservative when it comes to government and corporate power... but these people have made that word something to stay far away from, just like "religious" or "conservative" were, among younger people, before that.

I thought i'd check back and see if this piece of shit had joined Manveer Heir at the unemployment line. Has he?

I really don't care if someone says mean things about dead people, not like it can hurt them. I'm much more concerned about the actions against the living. Words are just words.

I thought i'd check back and see if this piece of shit had joined Manveer Heir at the unemployment line. Has he?

Well, Casey Hudsons twitter response speak about him in past tense, "former worker". We don't know if he was already working somewhere else or did he get his ass fired for this.

One guy who works for BioWare isn't representative of the entire company. This guy is a shitbag, I'd agree, but I'm reasonably certain he doesn't speak for his overlords.
Depends if he connects himself to Bioware on his Twitter. He wouldn't have the followers he has if he didn't put Bioware in his profile. If he does, and this is acceptable practice to BioWare, Bioware is accountable.

Back