BioWare Edmonton Revealing New IP at E3 2017

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
We are about to find out what the original Mass Effect team has been up to since pissing everyone off with the Catalyst. Those of you who are looking for another sci-fi adventure are in luck, as that is exactly what they hope to redeem themselves with—although there will be an MMO spin to it this time. The new franchise reportedly borrows from Destiny and The Division.

…the BioWare Edmonton game is codenamed Dylan, though that may also be its final name. The name is related to the protagonist, but things get more interesting when Robertson starts talking about the nature of the project. “Dylan is, from what I understand, a sci-fi themed game, it is sort of Destiny-style, takes some elements from The Division, it has like MMO elements. Someone described it as a ‘semi-MMO’,” he said, as reported by IBTimes. “I don’t know much more than that… it is a huge scale project, perhaps the biggest BioWare has ever done. It’s bigger than Mass Effect Andromeda, considerably so. It will have co-op.”

NOOOOOO, not another damn MMO, please!

I'm getting pissed about developers trying to blur the lines between single and multiplayer games. The tie in of multiplayer into a single player experience is completely unnecessary. You won't convince people to play multiplayer if they're not interested. What you can achieve by shoving it into people's faces is that they won't touch the game at all.

Why they ever thought their flagship game should be passed on to a b-rate studio I have no idea.

Also, if it's truly MMO inspired I'm done with BioWare. MMO-like is what developers say when their product is boring and repetitive.

Last edited:
Why they ever thought their flagship studio should be passed on to a b-rate studio I have no idea.

Also, if it's truly MMO inspired I'm done with BioWare. MMO-like is what developers say when their product is boring and repetitive.

MMO or MMO-like is every Corporate Commander's wet dream :)

hqdefault.jpg

Cheers

MMO or MMO-like is every Corporate Commander's wet dream :)

hqdefault.jpg

Cheers

Ya, everyone wants to be able to sell in game items for real world money, so no doubt this game will be centered around buying 'gift boxes' or whatever they opt to call them, which will give random weapons/armor/skills/dildos.

Back