Biostar Tforce overclocking stories??

Ok I never used dual channel before because I had a 754. Now im on AM2. The default isn't enabled for dual channel. Should I have the memory in the same colored slots or one in the 1st and one in the 3rd slot to enable it. Or is this all done in the bios?

Thanks!

Never mind. Worked differently then someother channels. But wow 8000mb/s memory bandwidth on a DDR2 1000mhz OC. I berly even tryed anything with this. 2.6ghz on stock volts. Nice. Can prob get 3ghz with 1.5v or more with 1.6v. Still have ways to go before I get use to ddr2 timmings. I can prob get 10000mb/s with this memory on AM2. Dual core really is nice if you have the right drivers to make it use resorces very well. Multi tasks bloody everything perfectly. Seems 2 times faster then my S754, not just a 2nd brain. Really glad to go dual core and DDR2. Really insane bandwidth.

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/Serge84/?action=view&current=2.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch3

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/Serge84/?action=view&current=4.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch2

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/Serge84/?action=view&current=12.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

The limit is the mobos bios. It craps out at 280HTT. But I have yet to find out the reason. Its amazing how little volts is needed to get this cpu up to that speed. I bloody almost have a FX-62 for 150 bucks. The memory as seen is oced to 1000mhz. Crap bios ver disabled the timmings I could set it to in the lancary. So its stuck at 5timmings. Timmings don't matter for AMD's I got upto 520FSB for the memory with just afew memory timming losening.

If I could set it to 6L timmings I could reach much higher speeds and bandwidth for the memory. I'm not quite sure why the board craped out at 280HTT. I'm going to have to roll back the bios or get a moded one. The older bios was better. :rolleyes: It does 285HTT. This cpu is just limited to this board. I may need some heatsinks on the voltage regulator. It won't allow volts over 1.55v for the cpu well except for the crazy 1.75v and 1.8v options. Never use those they set the vcore upto 2v unless your just crazy and want to burn up your cpu. I would only use that setting if I had a spare cpu I was making a suiside shot with souly for the perpous of a mad OC. Maybe later I'll buy a cheap sempron to OC with those volts. lol That doesn't matter because the cpu can do those speeds at 1.45v. Thats insane. Maybe the DFI infinity ATi board would be better until Biostar can make a decent bios for this board. My S754 could do 350+ HTT on a cpu. Wait the custom bios are out.. I'll try it.

Too bad the AM2 Tforce6100 is somewhat limited. Maybe the chipset. Maybe abit more volts to it will help. I just haven't tryed everything out for it yet. Maybe it will perform better with the next CPU line up who knows. All I know is this will keep me loving dual core for awile. 65nm at the end of the year should be a nice new OCing badness for AM2. But something is just holding this board back. My next board is the infinity when it comes out. I'll prob sell this mobo for the better features of the Infinity board.

I did these OCs on my new raptor so the OS is fresh and crappy looking.

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/Serge84/?action=view&current=13.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch2
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/Serge84/?action=view&current=14.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

This is what I got with the custom bios. Hit almost 3ghz on the suiside shot but never validated right because of the damn ver of CPUz was out dated. >__> Damn it! I'll try it again later.

Does anyone know if there is a BIOS option for the T-Force 939 which let's you adjust the chipset voltage? I think this would help immensely with getting my Opty up to 3.0ghz...

Regards,
Smoove

Serge84 said:
Doesn't rebales heaven have a bios like that?
I haven't seen anywhere in the BIOS that would do so. I would think there would be something. Maybe someone can mod the BIOS to enable this feature?!?!?

The very 1st 939 bios like the 754 bios had this feature. They took it out for some reason.

What would be the safe chipset voltage for a AM2 Tforce6100 limit be with active cooling? Its from 1.2 to 1.3v is what I can adjust. About the same for the HT link.

I can't post over 238HTT. I've changed the HT multipliers in the advanced chipset and overclocking menus. I've also reducec the CPU multiplier to 6 and reduced the memory divider to 100MHZ. Other suggestions?

lorkp said:
I can't post over 238HTT. I've changed the HT multipliers in the advanced chipset and overclocking menus. I've also reducec the CPU multiplier to 6 and reduced the memory divider to 100MHZ. Other suggestions?

Rig? Bios?

Serge84 said:
What would be the safe chipset voltage for a AM2 Tforce6100 limit be with active cooling? Its from 1.2 to 1.3v is what I can adjust. About the same for the HT link.

I would do 1.23-1.27 with good airflow passively. Acitively i would go all the way up, 1.3v doesnt sound too bad for an NF NB. I just wisht he 2.2v ddr2 jumper wouldnt die down to 2.16v :( my ocz platinum needs 2.2-2.3v not 2.16 :(

Serge84 said:
Rig? Bios?
3200+ Newcastle s754
Tforce 6100
Seasonic Super Tornado 300
Zalman Heatsink and fan
Samsung Spinpoint HD
NEC 2510a
Chaintech av-170 sound
onboard video

I'm using the 2006/06/02 bios. Settings:
CPU Multiplier =6
HTT/FSB =238
HT Multiplier =3
Memory Divider =166
Vcore =1.65
Vdimm =2.6
Cas =2.5
Trcd =3
Trp =3
Tras =7
Trc =10
Trcf =20
Trrd =2
Twr =3
Trtw =3
Twrt =1

Thanks!

JWilson said:
RebelsHaven has posted a very simple Vdimm mod for the 6100-AM2 and Tforce-550.

DEFINATELY gonna have to stop by radio shack for this one! 2.35v here i come!

All you need is a OCZ powersupply to overvolt the 3.3v rails so the memory will go over 2.2v. Its dependent on that rail. Raise it up and the volts to the memory go up. :D

Newcastle. Oh boy. That maybe its limit. Newcastles... I have had bad luck with. 240HTT is the best I could do when I got one no matter what I tryed this board doesn't like it. You did everything right from what I can see. Took it back and got a venice and got upto 365HTT. When I had a 754.

Ya NC's dont go very hight you ned a 12 or 11 mult to get them high enough.

hi guys im trying to pick a good matx board for my AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+
and i want to oc it abit the boards im thinking of are the.

Biostar Tforce 6100-939
Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS

what should i go for?

also does the 6150+430 chipset give a better performance? on the Foxconn, to the Biostar?

thanks for any help

Dunno about the Foxconn but the Tforce can definetly oc well. Also some guy made a hacked bios that turns the 6100 into a 6150 and optionally oc's it.

pentium90 said:
What are the temperature units (Celsius or Fahrenheit) associated with that observation? And would you please give full details about how you came to this conclusion?

Given the importance of your statement, it would make a great deal of sense to have your methodology peer reviewed by other forum members. In fact, IMHO, that statement and the ensuing discussion deserves its own thread since, if verified to be correct, it figuratively equates to a bombshell - especially if the units pertaining to your statement turn out to be Celsius.

Please interpret my questions and statements as coming purely from a "scientific inquiry" perspective with no intent of questioning your expertise or integrity.

That one is pretty damn simple. My +2800 in a chaintech NF3 would run to 72C and in this biostar its locks at anything over 60. I figured these motherboards were about 10 degrees off also. Its not purely scientific. It comes from experience. This is not the first motherboard that misreports temps I have owned, and probably will not be the last. These things need to be taken into account, but its not an everest of discovery.

built my new rig up last night using this board but its behaving a bit stange

plug in power cord boots fine, shut computer down and then push power button and it doesnt boot

hoping its not faulty :(

wierd thing is i can get it to boot everytime if i unplug the power cord and re insert it , my psu is only a month old so would be surprised if its faulty plus it was working flawlessly in my rebooting dfi rs482

any ideas?

emuemu said:
built my new rig up last night using this board but its behaving a bit stange

plug in power cord boots fine, shut computer down and then push power button and it doesnt boot

hoping its not faulty :(

wierd thing is i can get it to boot everytime if i unplug the power cord and re insert it , my psu is only a month old so would be surprised if its faulty plus it was working flawlessly in my rebooting dfi rs482

any ideas?
I've read where this problem could be the actual power switch shorting to the chassis of the case... However, this si soley with a Q-Pack... What case do you have?

If its the cases power switch shorting out and it doesn't work with one board and does with another... why not try the power switch on the mobo and see if its just the one mobo?

are you sure the power switch is plugged in right? it sounds to me like your power switch is not working and your bios is set to power up in the case of a lost power.

I would be very interested in finding the anwser to this problem to. I'm having the same problem too. When I push the power button the power led comes on but nothing spins up or starts. I can get it to run by pulling the power cord and pluging it back in or gentley pushing the powerbutton till I hear the fans start then letting go quickly.

I know this is dumb but, are you guy's 100% sure the power switch is connected to the correct header pins?

power switch was connected fine on mine, i have since sent the board back and its being replaced with a foxconn 6150

for the time being i have put my dfi rs482 back in and will use that till my new board comes

The power switch is connected to the correct headers. If they were not the system would not even start when you push the power switch. The power switch is not the issue, I have bypassed the case switch with one from another case I had laying around, and it still shows the same issue.

I know every thing else works fine because I just upgraded 2 weeks ago to AM2, and all I replaced was the mobo, cpu, and mem.

The system I had before ran perfect for more than 6 months.

varies... i hear it depends on the cpu. If you have a "good" one then you can go to 320-350, if you have a "bad" one it's hard to hit 300. Of course the bios is the actual cause of this, switching them makes a big difference.

Very nice Serge, so are you strictly using clockgen to obtain those speeds, or can you do that stable using BIOS OCing?

The bios maybe limited to 280HTT. Alot of people at the RH forums say its a bios issue because you can get better results with different bios. I have the bios set to 280HTT. 95% of this OC is all from the bios. Only changed the clockspeed about 150mhz useing clockgen. Clockgen does make things a lot easyer, now the new clockgens save your OC on bootup so clockgen is really cool. A hell of a lot better then the tforce ocing utility. lol

But I say again I use the RH moded bios as well.

Ok I don't know what happened but somebody please stop me before I hurt myself.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=113798 :eek: Just testing HTT and HTL... Like only 3.4ghz of Hyper transport and 345HTT on a Tforce6100 AM2... thats unheard of crazy mad!!!

The thing is loving that 5x hyper transport multiplyer... it actouly makes the MOBO's HTT rise. On 4x, this would be impossible as far as I tryed so far. Use the 5x multiplyer on HTL to get huge HTL and change that memory setting too. TRC 13!

Back