Biostar Tforce 6100-939 BIOS information (Pics included)

Yakomo

n00b
Well, I finally got the Biostar Tforce board booted up. A word of advice to anyone who
plans on using this board with a 20pin ATX Power supply. Don't!. I spent a greater portion
of the day trying to figure out why the heck the board wouldn't post. At first I thought
maybe I fried it. (Used a Xconnect PS in the beginning) then I tried using 2 other Power
supplies (All 20 pin, one 350 Older Antec one and one 350 Sparkle PS) The latter 2
actually powered up the motherboard and fans but no post screen or beeps.
I went out to crapussr and bought a antec smartpower 24pin
PS and it works like a charm. Anyway here are some crappy photos I took while looking
through the BIOS. The results will please most of you hopefully :)

I apologize for the big pic of the manual, I had to adjust the res to even make it look readable.

100_0077.jpg

This is their automated OC option. The manual states the following
V6 = 10%-15% In system performance
V8 = 15%-25% In system performance
V12 = 25%-30% In system performance ("Extra" Ordinary indeed)
Problem is when you set these options they don't show you exactly whats changed. Not like anyone would use this except lazy bastards.

100_0073.jpg

CPU Freq = 200mhz-400mhz in 1 mhz increments

100_0074.jpg

Hammer Fid Control = Multiplier settings (In the manual it says it's used to "downgrade" your CPU)

100_0075.jpg

100_0076.jpg

Couple of things I forgot to take pics of, there is a PCI-E Overclock setting from 100-145mhz. Also you're probably wondering about the memory and CPU voltage.
CPU Voltage = .875-1.550 (In .25mhz increments) and from 1.550-1.70 (in .50 increments)
Memory Voltage = 2.6v-2.9v (.1 increments)
With regards to the memory voltage, there is a jumper on the board that enables it in the BIOS (is off by default)

There's one thing I couldn't find in the BIOS but it is listed in the OC manual. There apparently is a North/South bridge voltage regulator setting (1.52v, 1.60v, 1.68v, 1.76v)
Below is the image of the page with the descriptions of the BIOS options.

100_0079.jpg

Indeed they are

CAS# Latency = 2, 2.5, 3
Min RAS# Active Time = 5T-15T
RAS# to CAS Delay = 2T-7T
Row Precharge Time = 2T-7T

One other note, this board somes with a built in integrated Memtest86 v1.55. You can enable it in the BIOS after you tweak a few mem settings and at the next reboot it will run the memtest86 app.

100_0083.jpg

Good Job - Thanks for the overview.

Looks like it's got the features, now you need to let us know it has some GUTS! (grin)

Post those Benchies!

Burn it Up!

awesome, cant wait for Albatron , DFI and gigabyte to release their mATX mobos.

interesting how a lot of mobo's are now coming with their own forms of "auto oc'ing" i think the options on this board are rather humorous

v6 - Extra
v8 - Extreme
v12 - Extrordinary

Yakomo said:
There's one thing I couldn't find in the BIOS but it is listed in the OC manual. There apparently is a North/South bridge voltage regulator setting (1.52v, 1.60v, 1.68v, 1.76v)
$100 says it's one of the hidden options in the bios. :cool: Either that or there is a jumper for that one, as well.

So vs the Jetway, it almost mirrors it. How does it overclock, is the question? :confused:

Was there a fan on the northbridge/southbridge? I thought there was, but can't check, because IE keeps locking up every time I try to open the pic on Newegg. Anyway, I am wondering about noise on that...

Someone want to mail me the bios for this board? ggranger007(REMOVE)@gmail.com Biostar only has the bios posted for the GeForce 6100, which looks like the same board minus the overclockers=ravers color scheme and overclocker friendly bios.

I have to disagree with you regarding the 20 pin power supply. I was able to get my TForce 6100-939 up and running using a 20 pin power supply and the 4 pin power. No need for a 24 pin if you have the power coming from the other 4 pins.

UPDATE: Upon further review, the 24 pin is a must. Although the system worked initially, it wouldn't consistently POST after that. It was hit and miss. Added a true 24 pin PSU, and it's working great now.

Just built one for my fiancee with this board yesterday.

I'm very happy with it...only problems I've had so far have been chassis related...the mobo has performed flawlessly.

Don't really care for the color scheme...but I love the performance. Damned thing boots faster than my duallie does! :eek:

(and that's with 128mb RAM, of which 64 is taken by the CPU!)

sleepeeg3 said:
Someone want to mail me the bios for this board? ggranger007(REMOVE)@gmail.com Biostar only has the bios posted for the GeForce 6100, which looks like the same board minus the overclockers=ravers color scheme and overclocker friendly bios.

sent the bios,, did you get it :)

evaseeker said:
sent the bios,, did you get it :)
Cool, I'll check it out when I get home, eva. :cool:

Actually, for the record, you might not even need it. There are people saying they are already doing 280-290 in that other thread. Slick!

Edit: I checked the bios. Looks like Biostar took out the board voltage control. :( That is too bad...

BTW the 6100-M9 has Geforce 6100 video. I read that it would do 1280x1024, but it will only do this at 60hz so 1152x864 is the real top end on this chipset.

sleepeeg3 said:
Cool, I'll check it out when I get home, eva. :cool:

Actually, for the record, you might not even need it. There are people saying they are already doing 280-290 in that other thread. Slick!

Edit: I checked the bios. Looks like Biostar took out the board voltage control. :( That is too bad...

but with that bios they are getting 300+,,, so maybe its not that needed :(

:cool: I bought this board last week and took a sledge hammer to my ecs rs480. This thing ocs nicely I am able to get my 4000+ to 2880mghz with a fsb of 240. :D I know I could get fsb higher but the voltage only goes to 2.9v and I am running 4 sticks of ocz pc4000 vx @512 mb each also @2-2-5-2 timings. I also was wondering about the missing northbridge voltage control in the bios. It seems to adjust automatically though. I am really pleased with this board. I am runnig what I mentioned above in a qpack case that is water cooled using all danger den products(all I ever use) with an xfx 7800 gtx oc card and I am able to get above 9000 on 3dmark 05 This thing runs as fast as my dfi lanparty board with these components!!! Sweet mobo!! :D hmm been a while since I have been in here I guess I need to chang my sig.

OK, I snapped this morning. My Biostar should be here this week yet. I really wanted the Asus, but really do not need the extra features of it. Also since it looks like it will not overclock as well as the Biostar.

Hofy said:
OK, I snapped this morning. My Biostar should be here this week yet. I really wanted the Asus, but really do not need the extra features of it. Also since it looks like it will not overclock as well as the Biostar.

.... and you've just tested it?
what is the max FSB that you have use??

P.S. anyone has tested the zalman CNPS7700-Cu on the Tforce6100-939??

pitx said:
.... and you've just tested it?
what is the max FSB that you have use??

jesus, what a jackass. its not like you're not allowed to say that you bought it in the forum unless you already have it and have put it through extensive testing. and theres alread a whole other thread on results.

pitx said:

As a matter of fact I will be testing my 7700-Cu on my TForce when it gets here. Ofcourse I may have to make the results top secret.
:rolleyes:

Soymilk said:
jesus, what a jackass. its not like you're not allowed to say that you bought it in the forum unless you already have it and have put it through extensive testing. and theres alread a whole other thread on results.

i will bought the tforce 6100-939....
now i've just the CNPS7700cu from my Abit AS8 and P4 530J ;)

are there any bios modders in these forums?

if so, i have found that after updating to the latest bios for my TForce 6100-939, I can't lower my CPU multiplier below the normal multiplier level. I have also found that my HTT setting will only go to 4x or 5x and setting it to 3x, 2x, or 1x will revert back to 4.

If there is anyone on these forums that could fix this, could you help a guy out :)

Prior to bios flash (I can't revert as, surprisingly, my old bios file is corrupt)
A64 3000+ E6 Venice @ 2.72GHz @ 1.518V @ 8x Multip.
340MHz HTT/278MHz dram @ 5:4 ratio 2.5-4-3-6

Now:
A64 3000+ E6 Venice @ 2.64GHz @ 1.442V @ 9x Multip.
294MHz HTT/240.5MHz dram @ 5:4 ratio 2.5-4-3-6
(note: the HTT is running at 2352 as verified by CBI and Everest... kinda sorta having problems here)

As you can see, I'm taking a huge performance hit and running the HTT way way out of spec, if anyone can help please do.

Link to bios:
http://www.biostar.com.tw/t-series/download/download_bios.php
CU51MA20

Panther5060 said:
are there any bios modders in these forums?

if so, i have found that after updating to the latest bios for my TForce 6100-939, I can't lower my CPU multiplier below the normal multiplier level. I have also found that my HTT setting will only go to 4x or 5x and setting it to 3x, 2x, or 1x will revert back to 4.

If there is anyone on these forums that could fix this, could you help a guy out :)

Prior to bios flash (I can't revert as, surprisingly, my old bios file is corrupt)
A64 3000+ E6 Venice @ 2.72GHz @ 1.518V @ 8x Multip.
340MHz HTT/278MHz dram @ 5:4 ratio 2.5-4-3-6

Now:
A64 3000+ E6 Venice @ 2.64GHz @ 1.442V @ 9x Multip.
294MHz HTT/240.5MHz dram @ 5:4 ratio 2.5-4-3-6
(note: the HTT is running at 2352 as verified by CBI and Everest... kinda sorta having problems here)

As you can see, I'm taking a huge performance hit and running the HTT way way out of spec, if anyone can help please do.

Link to bios:
http://www.biostar.com.tw/t-series/download/download_bios.php
CU51MA20
IU had some bios issues as well. Afet I had flashed to a newer bios I found that no matter what I set the htt multiplier to it would automatically set it to 4 x.(corrupt) I had to reflash from the the bios flash utility in the bios. (dont use the auto bios flash thingy) All fixred now

I have the little sister of this board for two weeks now, the geforce 6100-m7 with an athlon64 3700 754pin. Runs really really well. I can even flash it with the Tforce bios, works perfectly (the boards are identical except for more expensive capacitors on the tforce and fan voltage control through the bios, an led and reset button on the board).

mobo + cpu cost me $220 delivered from ewiz. Gotta love that.
Got two of those $45 high density sticks coming next week...

What I really wanna see is if some utility can eventually overclock the GPU which is at 425mhz. I took off the aluminum fan-less heatsink on the GPU and replaced it with a copper heatsink/fan. Doesn't even get warm now even after 15 minutes of RTHDRIBL. That southbridge gets a little toasty though, might have to screw in an old 486 fan onto it.

Let me know if you find any utilities that can read the SPD info from this board, none seem to yet.CPU-Z can give a little info but Sisoft and everest are useless. I wrote sisoft and they say nvidia refuses to work with them so they end up supporting their chips late in the game.

[LYL]Homer said:
BTW the 6100-M9 has Geforce 6100 video. I read that it would do 1280x1024, but it will only do this at 60hz so 1152x864 is the real top end on this chipset.

I have the 6100-m7 and I am doing 1600x1200x32bit @ 85hz, no problem.

So are you guys still having problems with this board? Whats the most stable BIOS?

no clue... ever since i flashed to #20 ive lost the ability to move my HTT down to 3x... that and my cpu multiplier wont stay locked on what i select in the bios... I even reverted back to #12 from a friends copy, that didnt work either :mad:

Panther5060 said:
no clue... ever since i flashed to #20 ive lost the ability to move my HTT down to 3x... that and my cpu multiplier wont stay locked on what i select in the bios... I even reverted back to #12 from a friends copy, that didnt work either :mad:

Do you have their "auto-recovery" feature turned on? Perhaps it is reverting the settings back after thinking the setting failed. Maybe disable that.

Back