Biostar TA790GX A2+ Install

how do you overclocked 9850BE with this motherboard? and what programs do you use to overclock?

Bios or AOD?

Use AOD for testing and lock in the settings with maual overclock in the Tseries section of the BIOS. Caution: adding voltage in the CPU/VID control and and voltage configuration is additive, so raising the voltage in both settings adds together the overvolt to the CPU.

where do i find the HT setting for the bios so i can change the HT ? also how do i lock the setting for manual overclock?

Hyperthread configuration on the T-series page of the BIOS is where you set your HT config. CPU FID/VID control is thesetting where custom Pstates must be enabled for your voltage configurations to be saved. Otherwise hitting F10 and choosing save will lock in the settings.

On another note, My IGP ihas been artifacting at higher resolutions and it may be time for an RMA
Edit: I may not be able to get the board replaced. On the Biostar website they have a diclaimer about"special arrangements" with suppliers where the supplier's return poilicy supercedes the 1 year warranty. I bought the board when it first came out and the stipulation was a 30 day return policy. We'll see. Will call in the morning.
Edit2: Shipped it off to Newegg today. Free shipping from Hawaii is incredible.
Newegg rocks!!!

Wow, free shipping from Hawaii to Newegg? How does that work???

That stinks that your IGP took a crap though.

On a side note, has anyone found a MOSFET cooler that fits the pin arrangement on the board? I'm currently using individual MOSFET heatsinks that don't really cover the entire chip and use thermal tape instead of thermal paste.

Newegg sent me a UPS shipping label image which I had to save as a jpeg and print out
Yeah, the IGP always ran near 50c under load, even with ceramique instead of the TIM. First boards out have to have a few lemons.
I just use the chunk of sawn off heatsink for the mosfets

I've had this board running for awhile with a 9500 Phoenom, some minor issues nothing that I can't live with. I'm getting ready to rebuild my media server (third time now :rolleyes:) and was curious if this motherboard is good to use with type of application, ie always being accessed for movies, music etc.

It has been fine for me stability wise. You may want to get some cooling on the CPU mosfets since they will get toasty over time, especially with a higher wattage processor. Other than that, the northbridge gets warm but never burning hot and the southbridge is the same.

Does anyone have SpeedFan working with this board? I can't seem to adjust the fan rpm...

Anyone know if this board supports the 955 or 965? From the looks of their website, it doesn't.

Sorry for the bump, but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience or knowledge running the X4 620/630. It doesn't seem to be supported, going by biostar's site.

edit- looking a couple posts up, it appears that Zoogle is running the 620

Sorry for the bump, but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience or knowledge running the X4 620/630. It doesn't seem to be supported, going by biostar's site.

edit- looking a couple posts up, it appears that Zoogle is running the 620

Yeah, old thread I know but I have the same MB and it seems BioStar has forgotten about us.
:mad:

Back