Biostar Racing X370-GTN ITX AM4

Strange, I have not experienced any of the problems you mention. It might be a good opportunity to do a fresh install of Windows when the new version comes out in a few days.

Strange, I have not experienced any of the problems you mention. It might be a good opportunity to do a fresh install of Windows when the new version comes out in a few days.
You may not experience the issue, but that doesn't mean there aren't problems with the AMD, associated UEFIs involving sleep/hibernate & GPUs in UEFI boot mode.:)
But I've also tried formatting, just recently in fact. No change at all.

I did test out my XMP profile since you mentioned you got such great results. I was able to complete my usual stress test, 8 livestreams (GPU accel disabled in FF) across my 3 monitors (so there's no deferred rendering going on) with Prime95 (mem intensive option) running till 95C throttling and letting it manage itself at that for a while. It did bluescreen when I ran the same test, but using GPU acceleration (MS Edge) and I closed everything down after being convinced it was stable. It's possible that is temp related somehow, the GPU makes everything scorching hot compared to CPU only.

I'm impressed. I had both an 1800X and this 1700 since the April launch, and while the 1800X always got better memory clocks, I've never seen this before. Not sure I'll bother with leaving it at DDR4-3200, will probably knock it back down to 2400 because I simply don't care about the extra performance. Mine is dual channel, dual rank, which AMD only certifies for 2400.
I prefer a 0% chance of bluescreens, but, nice indeed.

edit- Reran my personal stress-test suite again now, without bothering with the GPU accelerated Edge attempt, was able to stop it all and close the browser windows etc... no bluescreen. I'll try 3200/XMP for a while, why not, see how it works day to day.

Last edited:
Anyone has any idea, how to apply undervolting on this MoBo on system startup?
Biostar is just fucking retards with their BIOS. You can undervolt manually through their tool, but it's not automatically applied on system restart facepalm.jpg

I ran from Friday, using the machine all day everyday with no issues at 3200 with this UEFI. Just got a bluescreen now (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT). Experiment completed, not bad, seems they were holding back a little bit on the memory improvements for Ryzen+'s release. Back down to 2400 though.
I'm pretty sure my board is bad, getting too many storage errors, this old Biostar is probably getting scrapped when Coffeelake 2.0 is released.

Damn it. Looks like I just bricked mine during flashing to most recent bios. Had the UPS for power safety, but the board shut down like it was due to overheat, looks like the pump in my AIO was shut off while flashing (connected as chassis fan at full speed) and CPU was running 1.4V in bios (not an overclock, just how biostar rolls...)

Anyone got some info on how to do bios recovery procedure for agesa bios on biostar boards? The old intel based procedure doesn't work and I have no feedback - no beeps, no flashing leds.

SaperPL, any progress on your issue?

Looks like the board is bricked, I have contacted biostar through email to see if they can help me with that, but they didn't respond yet, so I have opened RMA ticket for that in the shop where I ordered the board, and ordered asrock board as a replacement and it should get to me on Monday.

Anyway I still don't get why I had 1.4V on idle in the bios and at the same time cooling was working because temperature was dropping to a reasonable value, but when I started flashing the board, it looks like the pump stopped working. If pump had 4pin PWM connector plugged in as chassis fan then maybe something could go wrong there during flashing, but on 3pin connector it should be always full speed.

Important note here is that almost every itx AM4 board doesn't have dual bios/crash free bios solution, only asus board have those, which is ridiculous considering the price segment and how long those solutions are on the market.

Tossing out my X370GTN as well, tomorrow. That's when my ASUS ROG Strix X470-I arrives. Got my 2700X & C7 copper here already. https://i.imgur.com/hsPHTBL.jpg I can't say I'll miss the Biostar, it served a nice purpose tho as an early AM4 ITX board. If mine wasn't so flaky on the storage front, I wouldn't be bothering. If I got to do a rip & replace though, I'm changing more than just the board.

If anyone's looking for a used (never overclocked) R7-1700, Wraith Spire (or whatever comes with the 2700X) or Cryorig C7 with AM4 adapters, I'll be offloading. Probably to the local city CL market, but I'd ship it I guess.

I'm perfectly happy with mine still. Ram chugging along at 3200, CPU stock. With vsync 60hz on and my ryzen 1700 + my 1080 armour I'm only pulling 140watts at the wall in sea of thieves. Madness.

For some reason ryzen Master does not want to apply any of my settings. I am trying to undervolt this 1700 x and it is not cooperating with me at all, has anybody else had any problems getting ryzen Master to set the voltage?

Tossing out my X370GTN as well, tomorrow. That's when my ASUS ROG Strix X470-I arrives. Got my 2700X & C7 copper here already. https://i.imgur.com/hsPHTBL.jpg I can't say I'll miss the Biostar, it served a nice purpose tho as an early AM4 ITX board. If mine wasn't so flaky on the storage front, I wouldn't be bothering. If I got to do a rip & replace though, I'm changing more than just the board.

If anyone's looking for a used (never overclocked) R7-1700, Wraith Spire (or whatever comes with the 2700X) or Cryorig C7 with AM4 adapters, I'll be offloading. Probably to the local city CL market, but I'd ship it I guess.

I'm having the worst time with this Biostar motherboard.

My components currently:
- BIOSTAR X370GTN AM4 AMD X370 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI Mini ITX AMD Motherboard
- AMD RYZEN 7 1700 8-Core 3.0GHz (3.7GHz Turbo) AM4 65W YD1700BBAEBOX Processor
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
- EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3, 220-G3-0750-X1, 80+ GOLD, 750W Fully Modular

I have stripped all components down to the essentials: motherboard, CPU, RAM, and Power Supply. The RAM sticks both light up, and the power button on my case lights up, however, nothing else turns on - no fans (not even on the PSU). Pressing the power button on the case does nothing. This is one giant paper weight.

I work in IT so I troubleshoot many different issues and I have run the gamut of trial and error with this board. All new components being used and RAM is on their MB compatibility list. This is unacceptable after a week of trying to get this to work. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm having the worst time with this Biostar motherboard.

My components currently:
- BIOSTAR X370GTN AM4 AMD X370 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI Mini ITX AMD Motherboard
- AMD RYZEN 7 1700 8-Core 3.0GHz (3.7GHz Turbo) AM4 65W YD1700BBAEBOX Processor
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
- EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3, 220-G3-0750-X1, 80+ GOLD, 750W Fully Modular

I have stripped all components down to the essentials: motherboard, CPU, RAM, and Power Supply. The RAM sticks both light up, and the power button on my case lights up, however, nothing else turns on - no fans (not even on the PSU). Pressing the power button on the case does nothing. This is one giant paper weight.

I work in IT so I troubleshoot many different issues and I have run the gamut of trial and error with this board. All new components being used and RAM is on their MB compatibility list. This is unacceptable after a week of trying to get this to work. Anyone else have this issue?

I assume it's just a faulty board, it happens often enough. Maybe try a motherboard speaker to see if there are any audio error codes otherwise RMA/return it....

Finally got ryzen master to work. at 3.6 it will pass prime at a setting of 1.18volts, but at load the actual voltage drops to 1.067-1.075.

I am contemplating putting the 1700x into an atx am4 board i have lying around and putting it under a h110, and then getting a 2600 for the itx, the only thing the itx build does, is play movies through plex, and games like destiny 2, rocket league, doom

Finally fixed my X370GTN with EZP2010 3.0 flash programmer today, and it's quite a neat solution to a board bricked during flash. It cost me $12 USD on aliexpress but took some time to deliver.

In this whole situation I don't like how biostar manages bios recovery, at least for this board, how filing a support ticket doesn't work and the fact that the board was immediately returned from RMA by the store, without fix and any contact/feedback about the issue. I simply got scan of a paper stating that the board was mechanically damaged (which doesn't seem to be true) and therefore they returned it without warranty repair/replacement.

Anyway the board is alive and kicking now.

In case anyone is still following this thread, the latest BIOS (X37AK807.BSS) has introduced negative voltage offsets into the CPU voltage menu. They're not valued, only numbered as 'negative 1' 2, 3, and 4. Still it works well and I'm very happy with it. Negative 2 gives me a vcore of 1,25~1,275. Memory compatibility seems great, as was already the case since the previous BIOS.

In case anyone is still following this thread, the latest BIOS (X37AK807.BSS) has introduced negative voltage offsets into the CPU voltage menu. They're not valued, only numbered as 'negative 1' 2, 3, and 4. Still it works well and I'm very happy with it. Negative 2 gives me a vcore of 1,25~1,275. Memory compatibility seems great, as was already the case since the previous BIOS.
Nice!!! But I am deathly afraid to upgrade the BIOS. BIOSTAR told me that they won't change my board again if it fails again.

While I've had a lot less issues with my Asus X470-i, I found a common issue between both my Biostar and Asus boards worth posting here. When I switched CPU fans from one to another I found the new fan would stop responding to the settings in the UEFI. I resolved it on the Asus by touching the two prongs for a deep CMOS reset. I wonder how many weird little issues that I had with the Biostar could've been resolved by this, beyond the fan issue. I ran my fan at fullspeed on that board as a result. Not that the linear fan controls on the Biostar don't suck terribly.
I'm glad to not be forced with that anymore, I run a 2700X on my Asus and have it tuned perfectly to run at my max comfortable audible setting in desktop usage, and have it set at a threshold to go to 100% fanspeed at all times, when any game is running. Which is just how I want it and the controls are there to do it. Either way, maybe anyone having issues with their X370GTN could try that, worked for me on the Asus. Just an AGESA bug I suppose because I've never had that issue on my Intel systems.

Back