Biostar Racing X370-GTN ITX AM4

X370/B350 aren't strictly necessary on a SFF AM4 board (the X/B/A300 simply being SPI-attached security chips, as I understand), but there's benefits to having them.

If you want any USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports, more than four USB 3.0 ports, any USB 2.0 ports, more than two SATA ports, or more than 24 PCIe lanes (16 to the GPU, 4 to the SSD, 1 to the wifi card, 1 to ethernet... this adds up fast, and some devices don't need PCIe 3.0 lanes, so the 20 3.0 lanes and 8 2.0 lanes that X370 offers can help), you might as well slap an X370 or B350 on the motherboard, rather than slap third-party chips on to get those things.

Honestly, I feel like the X300 "chipset" won't have much market at all outside of more tightly-integrated machines than even your average Mini-ITX build, due to the dearth of ports. A300 will have its place in low-end boards paired with Bristol Ridge aiming for minimum price above all else, and B300 has uses in the 1-liter business desktop market.

Why is there only one mini-it's board for ryzen so far? Is it too niche..? I'm assuming more will come out in time, just a little concerning that there is only one announced right now.

I need me some options in the mini-itx motherboard department!

Anyone seen this thing in stock anywhere?
Nowhere I can see. But the Biostar product page for it already has the manuals, drivers, and BIOS downloads available. It has to be soon.

I ve heard biostar mobos not running ram speeds at same freq as other mobos.

Just be aware - do your research.

Holding out for ASRock, hopefully they'll be coming in clutch. Also shooting for the moon with 2 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4) for SSDs and onboard wifi. I know Ryzen has the lanes for it.

What are the differences between X370 and B350 versions of biostar mITX? There are no differences between those chipsets in context of mITX, I think...

What are the differences between X370 and B350 versions of biostar mITX? There are no differences between those chipsets in context of mITX, I think...
I think the limited space on the mITX size as you suggest means there will be very little difference in options. I guess if other manufacturers release their own mITX boards then they might have slightly different connectivity onboard. I've found online this table online which gives a brief summary of the different options for the chipsets.
MSh1WIY.png

Last edited:
Hopefully there will be some other offerings soon .. and also hope that the Z170/270 is not the only game in town for ITX .

And fingers crossed it will have some of the upgraded nics and audio and wifi like the mature intel offerings .

Kenny

I remembered AMD mentioned about X300 and A300 chipset for SFF, but it seems that they're not out yet

Hopefully the ITX AM4 offering will have a wide range

I'll give 'em until July. After I get back from vacation at the beginning of the month, I'm upgrading my SteamBox. If it's Z270 or AM4, will be up to AMD + Board Partners :)

http://www.aiuto-jp.co.jp/information/entry_458.php -> translate to English

BIOSTAR announces the release of AMD Ryzen compatible mini-ITX motherboard "X370GTN" "B350GTN", MicroATX motherboard "X370GT3" to be released

Pre-orders:
Reservation start date: April 21, 2017 (Friday)

Release/Availability:
Release date: Friday, April 28, 2017

X370GTN: ¥14,980 JPY ~ $139 USD
B350GTN: ¥12,800 JPY ~ $119 USD

Don't kill me if google translation screwed something up :)

It would definitely be in AMD's best interest to get mini-itx boards out as the mini-itx market is only going to get bigger as most people only need a single graphics card. I am pretty sure people would love building a Ryzen 1600 or 1700 mini-itx gaming/work PC.

I hope this isn't the only ITX board for Ryzen. I was planning on building an ultra portable Premier/Photoshop workstation with a 1700 in a DAN PC case.

Asrock and Gigabyte are doing theirs as well, so don't worry. I'm putting my bet on one of those.

Mine is shipped, I will have it on 5/5....I been keeping an eye on newegg since Thursday, missed out on Friday and got to buy it on Monday. My new sony x800D will also be here on 5/5 :D

Reactions: Jspr
like this
It bothers me that the one star review on the newegg link says he has a DOA mobo while I'm 99% positive his unit is just fine and the hdmi/display ports are for future APUs. Because Rysen has no iGPU

It bothers me that the one star review on the newegg link says he has a DOA mobo while I'm 99% positive his unit is just fine and the hdmi/display ports are for future APUs. Because Rysen has no iGPU

Finally, imbecile review was removed...another one is still bitching about 8 pin.. I shall have mine tomorrow and hopefully I get around to build it.

Message from Gigabyte:
"our Mini-ITX GA-AB350N-Gaming WiFi is expected to be available mid of the year"

Swedish Gigabyte sayed in June when Ryzen 7 launched so i build with Kabylake for that, they didnt wanna specify any day so it could even be in the end of the month

its available on amazon jp and rakuten if anyone wants it kind of right now

I ordered one for my project on Tuesday and its already here in brazil and I should have it this weekend

I've got mine from caseking.de.

Notes from me:

1) XMP on 3200mhz RipJaws doesn't boot, but at least the board safety kicks in on its own after few tries.
2) Some default options like automatic cpu fan speed are disabled (fans run at full speed)
3) UEFI layout isn't easy to move around. Could've been done better.
4) There's some hardware encryption connected problem that made my board stop at post for the new cpu all the time until i disabled one of the hardware encryption options.
5) samsung 960 evo kicked in without any additional software and bios fiddling required.
6) audio ports are not colour coded...
7) io shield is quite 'raw' out of the box - you have to push out audio ports and few other pieces on your own or you'll have to re-install the board.
8) manual has no sensible description on the uefi layout like the usual bios settings.

It's in stock again! Protip: set up a Nowinstock.net alert for the X370GTN to get a text or e-mail when the mobo is available. That's how I snagged mine.

I've played a little bit with the memory config today and it looks like I can't get past 2400 MHz on RipJaws 3200 MHz. Neither ramping up timings nor the voltage lets it post on 2667, nor the XMP profile works.

The annoying part here is that the board tries to boot 5 times before getting back to safe defaults and I have to config the bios from scratch (some of the boards load in failsafe mode while still saving the faulty config so you can fix just your failed attempt settings and have all other configs intact).

There will be new AMD Ryzen core bios rolling out soon as announced yesterday though that should enable memory support up to 4000 MHz and timings compatibility. Let's hope that'll do the trick.

For now I ended up running memory on 2400@1,222v with 16/36 timings.

Yep, I also dread the post 5 times before restarting. For memory I have 2x8gb flareX 2400 which works on 2667 mhz with small timing and voltage tweaks.

I just finished my build a few days ago and it's still running at stock. When I XMP it just forever boots. Once the new AGESA stuff is released, I'll give tweaking another shot. The CMOS reset is such a pain in the butt to do for my NCase build - have to pull third of the parts out to get my hands in there to move the jumper - I'd rather have stable right now than uber fast.

Back