Biostar Racing X370-GTN ITX AM4

Discussion in 'Small Form Factor Systems' started by kuhla, Mar 7, 2017.

1. richiegore

richiegore Limp Gawd

Does X37AK919.BSS feature any feature changes that anyone has noticed? Are overclocks behaving different in terms of voltage down-clock or anything. Has p-state overclocking returned? Or is this just an agesa stability revision?

2. klm

klm n00bie

No, unfortunately p-state overclocking has not returned, and we're still stuck with the voltage offset not going below 1.35V, which is way too much. It appears be just the 1.0.0.6b revision, which only fixes a rare Ryzen bug as far as I know.

Does anything actually happen when you up the SOC voltage? I did try that in the past, but I remember that any voltage monitoring utilities, including Ryzen master, kept reporting the same voltage regardless of the BIOS setting. Maybe I should look into this again, because I could be wrong. Thanks for your advice.
    In any case, the whole voltage offset way of doing things is cumbersome. I wish you could just dial in a specific voltage.

3. richiegore

richiegore Limp Gawd

Wow, 1.35 that is a high minimum. I think I'm going to try Ryzen master, see if I can get one core up to 4.0 or 4.1 and leave the rest as is... I reckon that will give the best gaming performance while keeping temps under control. Not sure how good Ryzen master is at down-clocking and down-volting though

4. klm

klm n00bie

I use Ryzen Master to set my overclock. It's a bit of a PITA that you need to redo it after every boot-up, but to keep noise down, I don't want to run at 1.35V. I run at 3.8 GHz / 1.25 V. If, in the future, I do set my overclock in the BIOS, I might as well aim a little higher, if the voltage is at 1.35 V anyway. When we still had p-state overclocking with the first BIOS, the minimum was 1.275 V which was ok.

5. richiegore

richiegore Limp Gawd

That's a good overclock at that voltage. I've been looking at the digital foundry results here and a 1700 with 3200 ram is faster than an 1800x with 2133 MHz ram. Of course an 1800x with 3200 ram is faster again but still... As I have managed to get 3200 on my ram I think I'm happy enough to keep the 1700 stock unless I start doing some serious 3D rendering again.

On a side note I couldn't find a way to clock one core faster than the rest in Ryzen master. Am I missing something or is that just how it is?

6. riba2233

riba2233 n00bie

Minimum voltage depends on procesor model, for my 1500x I can set it to 1.235 lowest using lowesr offset setting.

richiegore likes this.
  7. richiegore

richiegore Limp Gawd

Been playing with bclk overclocking, set it to 104.3 and it does boost to 3.9 but only for a second then it drops back to 3.3... keeps jumping up to 3.9 every so often. Temps seem fine, any idea why it's not staying at 3.9? I think bclk could be a good way to get a high boost like a 1800x... I got 147 in cinebench single threaded.