Biostar GeForce 6100-M9 939 MATX Question

skifreak

n00b
Building a S939 system, one possible problem after I ordered this MB. Just realized the PCI-E slot is so close to the other 2 PCI slots, will I be able to use both PCI slots once I put my 7950GT card on it ? The PCI slots will have an Avermedia TV tuner card (I am deaf and use the CC feature) and need the dialup card due to my rural location.

Or will I be better off to order the Asus A8N-SLI SE MB from Tigerdirect since its a better overall motherboard ? I am iffy on the non TForce Biostar MBs. Thanks for your answers.

Its too crowded to use both PCI slots with the 7950 however I found a Avermedia TV tuner card that uses the PCI-1 slot to allow more airflow but its around 100 bucks . Not sure about USB dialup modems, connect at 21.6 kbps out in the sticks.

Debating between the A8N-SLI SE or the Foxconn ATX board. I dont think the Tforce will have enuf room unless I use the Tforce4 SLI board. I am looking for reliability cause I usually pass my pcs to my kids when I upgrade.

Concerned about the chipset fan failure on the A8N-SLI SE, is that a common problem ? Can I get a better chipset fan to enhance the life of the board ?

How reliable is the Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS MB ? I noticed it has an additional PCI slot compared to the Biostar. Thanks for your answers.

How reliable is the Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS MB ? I noticed it has an additional PCI slot compared to the Biostar. Thanks for your answers.

Mine works great. I've had it for about 2+ yrs now, and have had no issues with it. I have no clue how foxconn is with customer support, though, because I've never had to contact them. I chose it because of its overclocking abilities -- one of the best for s939 mATX solutions. It can take my X2 3800+ to 2.6Ghz. However, temps were rather high, so I backed it down a bit.

My friend recenlty replaced his s939 board with the foxconn as well, but he only paid around $50 for it without a rebate. Now its up to $70 with a $20MIR... not a bad deal. I paid $80 for it back when it was brand new, lol.

I have that foxconn too for the secondary system and it runs problem free X2 4200 @ 2.6 (FWIW). The additional PCI slot comes in handy and is nice for extra spacing for a good video card for airflow. I have a 7900GS running with it.

Thanks for the replies, bought the Foxconn board on the last day of the rebate offer. Definitely will try OC to 2.6 along with the OCZ DDR400. This board must be popular, its on AUTO-NOTIFY now on the Egg. Keeping the Biostar for a backup board since the PCI-1e slot would be nice for a TV tuner upgrade or a HTPC system.

Back