Biostar 6100 Temp's

Zoogle

Gawd
Curious as to how many other people may be having this same problem...

My Biostar TForce6100 board will show very strange temp readings each time I do a burn in. Goes from 31C to 42C almost instantaneously when I turn on prime95, climbs to 55-56C, turn off prime after a while, temps drop immediately back to 42...then slowly down to 33C. Does this erratic temperature change happen often? Bad mobo temp monitor or chip temp monitor? Thx for any replies.

I think the 6100 is notorious for incorrect temp readings. Are you using the LCD thing? It's fairly inaccurate from what I've read. I use Speedfan (can't controll fan speeds, but I think temp3 is the CPU temp) to gauge temp readings.

I'm using the motherboard chip (Winbond IT8172....or something like that). I only set up the thermosistor on my northbridge. Might be time to lap the HS.

my current one does the same thing. I just bought another 6100-939 and with my old opt 144 its running 10 degrees cooler then i ever remember it in this board. Might have to switch boards this weekend.

Mine seems to meter fine, ~32*C with no load, ~42*C full load, the Biostar hardware monitor reports that, speedfan reports the same, and that is in an old school beige box.

*off topic*
It's a handy card. With the overclocks, it competes well with the 7600gt given the 110 bux I paid for it (I'm just a casual gamer).
*on topic*
In any case, I might just end up hooking the Microfly's thermosistor to give me a general idea.

My Tforce (754) temps don't look too out of whack. I get around 34-36C idle, and the temp reading on my Micro Fly is around that; not more than a 1-2C difference. I stuffed the case temp sensor right in the fins of my CNPS7000.

Back