Bioshock: Infinite

N3mi5is

Gawd
Just saw the trailer for this today, and was caught off-guard because I had not heard anything about it at all up until now.

This is being developed by Irrational (bioshock 2 was developed by another branch of 2k) and is set in 1912 in a city "columbia" in the sky.

Love the atmosphere in the first game and I'm looking forward to this one now as well.

Here is a preview of the game on joystiq

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/12/bioshock-infinite-preview/

and here's an interview with Ken Levine

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/12/video-interview-ken-levine-on-bioshock-infinite/

Bioshock infinite will be the real sequel to Bioshock. But it won't be released until 2012, which means that I can't really wrap my brain around this, or get too excited about it.

I have high hopes for this. I loved Bioshock visuals, but they got a bit old after a while (not a big fan of the sea). Really looking forward to seeing this floating city and what they do with it!

The trailer really brought some excitement to my imagination. I look forward to seeing how Andrew Ryan is intermeshed into this. A beautiful telekinetic woman & a kickass ex-detective seems like a good way to start a game. A "high in the sky" city is a nice shot to differentiate from the deep oceanic city of Rapture as well.

I like the idea, I think they could make a masterpiece of a game. I just really hope they can get the widescreen, the FOV and mouse acceleration right on launch day.

I like the idea of some AI not always attacking on sight, this is something I don't think I've seen before, I wonder if that will lead to some tense, iteresting standoffs or choices as to how you proceed through areas.

I am still wondering how it will tie in with the first bioshock, I mean he does start off in a plane than suddenly drops out the sky...?

I just really hope they can get the widescreen, the FOV and mouse acceleration right on launch day.

Don't be silly.

I am still wondering how it will tie in with the first bioshock, I mean he does start off in a plane than suddenly drops out the sky...?

In this game you start in a bus and it then it has some catastrophe and starts flying up into the sky.

maybe they will tie the end of Bioshock Infinite to the beginning of the original Bioshock where you're on the plane before it crashes into the water.

but i'd like to see the ending deal with Andrew Ryan creating Rapture, that'd be pretty exciting to witness.

It doesn't! But I mean the first bioshock does start off in the air. So there is some kind of thing going on there...

Actually your character in BioShock didn't start in the air. That's just where the story began. You get some more backstory later on in the game. Your BioShock character had nothing to do with Columbia.

considering bioshock 2 is filled to the brim with bugs on pc, the worst of which make it near impossible to get a decent mouse sensitivity setting, i highly doubt i will be playing this unless 2k shows a big more commitment towards their non console gamers.

considering bioshock 2 is filled to the brim with bugs on pc, the worst of which make it near impossible to get a decent mouse sensitivity setting, i highly doubt i will be playing this unless 2k shows a big more commitment towards their non console gamers.

Isn't this being done by a different branch of 2k?

Isn't this being done by a different branch of 2k?

meh, even if it is its still likely to be a shitty port. i loved bioshock when i played it on the 360. i havent even finished bioshock 2 because i bought it for PC and they clearly just ported it and shoved it out the door as fast as they could.

on the 2k boards they admitted that they had only become aware of certain bugs some SIX MONTHS after the game released despite numerous posts and complaints since day 1. they still have not fixed many of them. this game contains some of the worst PC controls i have ever experienced in a FPS. to me this shows that they dont care.

the game looks great and the story looks intriguing, but if i cant enjoy playing it due to shitty controls and other issues related to the port then no thank you.

this game contains some of the worst PC controls i have ever experienced in a FPS.

I made it all the way through without issues, didn't enjoy the second as much as the first, but as far as bugs go I did not encounter any. If you want to play a game with the worst pc controls, go play ghostbusters.

I made it all the way through without issues, didn't enjoy the second as much as the first, but as far as bugs go I did not encounter any. If you want to play a game with the worst pc controls, go play ghostbusters.

Ghostbusters probably is slightly worse but Bioshock was still pretty damn bad on release, I can't remember if the mouse acceleration was ever fixed, I do however know that the first patch was about a year after release!

yeah some dont have issues it seems, a buddy of mine has no mouse issues with the game, yet for me on the lowest sensitivity settings i can spin the character around about 5-6 times on 1 inch of mousepad space. adjusting cfg files makes the mouse slower, but choppy.

Bioshock 2 ruined the experience for me, massive POS (both in glitches and in story telling). :(

Bioshock 2 ruined the experience for me, massive POS (both in glitches and in story telling). :(

Thankfully 2K Marin has absolutely nothing to do with this game. The Australian side of the studio is working on the X-COM reboot (sigh) and no clue with the Marin studio is doing, but this game is being entirely done by Irrational.

Back