Bioshock Infinite texture/polygon popup glitch

zero2dash

Supreme [H]ardness
I posted this over at the 2K forums but figured I'd post it here as well to see if anyone else has had this issue.

I have this happen frequently while playing the game; any area, doesn't matter.
Here's a video I took using Bandicam.
Notice how things just popup; easiest to see by just staring at the gun, but it's not just the gun that this happens on - also the background environment. Whether walking around or standing still, it happens.

I've tried to find someone reporting this same exact issue but the other texture bugs are different than what I'm having happen.

Things I've tried so far:
  • I've tried the various fixes for the texture issues (adding the startup flag, editing the ini file, verifying Steam cache).
  • I've downclocked my GPU's (560Ti SLI) to stock settings.
  • I've uninstalled drivers, run Driver Sweeper, and done a fresh driver reinstall.
  • I've run the game on Very Low settings (instead of Ultra).
  • I've disabled V-Sync.

This setup has run other games without any problems. Crysis, Bioshock 1 & 2, Metro 2033 to name a few.

Specs in sig.....running 320.18 drivers now and it still happens (upgraded from 314.22 last night to see if that'd fix it, and it didn't).

If you've had this issue and fixed it, PLEASE let me know HOW to fix it. :) TIA

No, I have not tried removing a card, reseating the SLI bridge, or switching which card is in which PCIe slot. I've ran both OCCT and OC Scanner X with 'Check for artifacts' enabled and have never found any (1hr of OCCT, 8hrs of OCSX).

That + the other games working fine leads me to believe this is a BSI issue, I just don't know why.

Looks like a graphics card issue to me. I had a problem similar to this one on some card (can't remember) with some game (can't remember either) that only showed up in this one instance.

Found out the card was defective after RMA'ing it and the problem went away. See, the problem is that a certain game could use a certain resource or something that the other games you've tried don't. Especially in the RAM. Maybe BSI uses a certain block of RAM or more RAM than other games or something.

My best advice as a last resort would be to reinstall Windows and see if it happens then. If you reinstall Windows, install drivers on a fresh install, and then install BSI all updated and what not and the problem is STILL there it's most likely a hardware issue.

It's just like when I overclock my card...all my games will work fine but there is always that one game that just doesn't play well with my overclock forcing me to underclock for that one title. Plus, in all honesty, the problem you are having just seems like a hardware glitch more than a game/engine problem. Looks out of place and more like corruption than a software issue.

Yea. I would remove a card and see if it happens, then switch the cards.

If it happens on both, it's BSi most likely, but you'd want to switch card slots to make sure you don't have a bad pci slot (unlikely, though)
If it happens on one and not the other it's probably a bad card.

Thanks to both of you...yeah I'm gonna remove both cards later tonight and reseat and test one at a time and see what happens.

Good luck to you and hopefully it isn't a hardware issue...RMA's can be a pain in the ass! Luckily though one 560ti is still plenty for most games so at least you won't be like how I was when I have to RMA and had to use the Intel HD3000...if you have to RMA that is!

After testing each card by itself in it's own PCIe slot (to single out and make sure it's not the PCIe slot itself), both cards tested fine in BSI running 925/1850/2400. I put both cards together, add SLI bridge, enable SLI....poof, glitching.

At this point I'm content with calling it a BSI issue in that BSI is very picky in GPU overclocks, or at least that I have a GPU OC that BSI does not like in SLI.
If I scale down to EVGA's Superclocked speeds (900/1800/2106), it doesn't glitch.
Anything over that (925/1850/2188 or 925/1850/2400) and it glitches.
I would say the OC is the issue, but because it tests out fine and does not cause issues in any other game - I think it's something with BSI just not liking the OC.

So for now, I'm just scaling back to the SC speeds while playing this.
I've been loading the same area to test the glitch problem and with the SC speeds, it's not happening in this area (but it is happening with OC speeds above SC speeds).

Thanks again guys for your help. ;) Back to 1999 mode for me :D (which so far has been harder, but not too bad really)

Back