Bioshock 4

It's funny. Some people would say it's good that he's not involved so go figure.
Yeah in fairness I don't know what the internal politics were; only that Ken is kinda credited for being the visionary of and overseeing the whole System Shock and BioShock evolution. And being relentlessly perfectionistic, to the point it was affecting his health and family life. And probably also driving his team crazy.

Last edited:
It might be a good game - it might be a bad game - but either way I suspect it will be a game using an old ip that is not really related at all...

https://twistedvoxel.com/bioshock-4-antarctica-larger-previous-games/

Setting in Antarctica Larger Maps
FbxzeITWYAEd7G8.jpg

Larger maps has me a bit concerned. I only played Bioshock 1 and Infinite, but the worlds were nicely done and every area crafted to serve a purpose. I'm worried it will focus more about running around chasing objective markers or icons on a map rather than focus on a good narrative flow. The gameplay itself could use a face lift as in Infinite the gameplay felt a bit dated. Which is why I worry about the flow and pacing. Without the story and setting Bioshock isn't much.

I just hope it isn't open world. I'm all for bigger/better/faster/more as long as it's still a linear story-based game. The Uncharted and The Last of Us have gotten progressively bigger, but have kept their linear focus outside of a couple appropriately designed open maps. It's really, really rare for an open world game to be able to maintain a decent pace when you can pick strawberries and catch fish instead of saving the world.

Who is making bioshock 4? Is it a new bioshock or a new developer reusing the 'name' for a different game ?

I'd like Ken to be involved, But oh well. We'll see what happens in 2 years.

Last edited:
I hope that seriously rethink all aspects of that game series because it became seriously stale by the 3rd one

Yeah in fairness I don't know what the internal politics were; only that Ken is kinda credited for being the visionary of and overseeing the whole System Shock and BioShock evolution. And being relentlessly perfectionistic, to the point it was affecting his health and family life. And probably also driving his team crazy.
LOL! Every time I hear the name Ken Levine, I think about something we coined "tallscreen gaming". It was what Ken Levine called his "artistic vision", where FOV was locked horizontally, but not vertically. We had a lot of fun on his expense until 2K games decided to unlock horizontal FOV. :D

Not sure what you're talking about since Infinite was a blast to play. I even enjoyed 2 over 1.
was that the 3rd one? Oof I played for an hour or two and stopped. Horrible a shooting mechanics and the formula of the game after playing the first 2 bioshocks felt stale.

I didn't like Infinite as much as the first two, but still enjoyed them all, even the recent remasters. So, I'm definitely looking forward to the new one.

LOL! Every time I hear the name Ken Levine, I think about something we coined "tallscreen gaming". It was what Ken Levine called his "artistic vision", where FOV was locked horizontally, but not vertically. We had a lot of fun on his expense until 2K games decided to unlock horizontal FOV. :D
I remember. Honestly, widescreen gaming back then was a mess, with a lot of games exhibiting Vert- behavior. I visited WSGF all the time to look for solutions as a relatively early adopter. UE3 was one of the worst game engines to get proper Hor+ working, and Bioshock was no different.

Back