Bioshock 4

I always thought BioShock was super lackluster from a gameplay point of view. Combat was never particularly interesting or exciting. Loved the twist of the first game and then I can't remember anything else really that interesting happening.

Pretty sure I just wound up wrenching shit for a very large part of the first game because guns become borderline useless and ice drilling my way through the entirety of the 2nd.

Infinite had the worst ending in a video game. Rivaled only by Borderlands 1.

Reactions: Nokia
like this
I really liked 3 - esp the story dlc; 1 was ok but i didn't love it - just replayed all 3 a month ago as I had never played infinite dlc. 2 was interesting idea but didn't love it.

Say what you want about Levine, one and three were good. The second, while decent, still nowhere as good. If he's on board, it's a day one for me. Sadly, he probably won't be, as he stated how much of a toll Infinite took on his personal life and health.

Agreed. Levine wasn't attached to BioShock 2, only part 1 and Infinite, which makes me worried about Bio4.

That being said, Minerva's Den DLC for part 2 was pretty amazing.

Bioshock Infinite's story was vague trough the entire game for the big "twist" at the end to work. I hated it. Gameplay was old fashioned and quite repetitive. It wasn't a bad game overall, but far from the masterpiece it was made out to be. It's a typical 6 out of 10 game.

So a new Bioshock game doesn't excite me at all.

Bioshock Infinite's story was vague trough the entire game for the big "twist" at the end to work. I hated it. Gameplay was old fashioned and quite repetitive. It wasn't a bad game overall, but far from the masterpiece it was made out to be. It's a typical 6 out of 10 game.

Everything other than the graphics, which at the time I felt could have been better, really impressed me about Infinite. The combat got a bit tedious near the end, but overall the story, gameplay, setting, was all awesome IMO. I've been thinking about going back through it again.

Everything other than the graphics, which at the time I felt could have been better, really impressed me about Infinite. The combat got a bit tedious near the end, but overall the story, gameplay, setting, was all awesome IMO. I've been thinking about going back through it again.

Agreed. The story and setting were great. Graphics were okay but not state of the art, but the art direction was good. The gameplay felt dated at the time and is the main reason I have not yet given it a 2nd go.

I thought the new prey game was "bioshock 4" in spirit so this one would be nr 5 then no?

Just finished bioshock 1 again on the xbox this time, while decent enough it is kind of dark, preferred infinite for graphics as it was more colourfull, still holds up decently as it's more cartoony then realistic.

now onto part 2 (bought all 3 in a pack on sale)

I got bored of Infinite after only 5 hours of gameplay so deleted it.

Same here. Infinite is such a restrictive yawn of a game. It feels like those really old FPS games, as there's often a very restricted environment in terms of where you can and can't go etc.

Personally I'm looking forward System Shock 3 and Underworld Ascendant much more than a Bioshock sequel. Although I am open to being proven wrong - and if a Bioshock sequel had open gameplay, was well made, with good systems within the game etc (like physics) - then I'd probably buy it.

Otherside Entertainment are doing SS3 and Underworld Ascendant for anyone who wants to keep a track of their progress:
https://otherside-e.com/wp/

This is amazing news for me!

Bioshock is my favorite franchise. I didn't think we'd ever see another game. I know it's not for everyone, but Rapture is the most terrifyingly beautiful in-game world I've played.

Loved Bioshock 1, Rapture was really interesting, although I couldn't get into the Bioshock 2 as much. Played Infinite but never finished it. I should go back and do so.

I loved all 3, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how 4 turns out. I'm really wondering where it will take place. Rapture? Columbia? Somewhere new? What timeline & universe?

Loved Bioshock 1, Rapture was really interesting, although I couldn't get into the Bioshock 2 as much. Played Infinite but never finished it. I should go back and do so.

Finishing Infinite is really important as... things change significantly as you head towards the end of Infinite. Then even more so, the Season Pass for Infinite offers a pair of separate, stand alone adventures which take you back to Rapture and ultimately sum up and bring the whole saga to date full circle ; They should definitely be played last!

If anyone was interested in playing them again, I suggest checking out "Bioshock: The Collection" which has the updated version of everything - Bioshock Remastered , Bioshock 2 Remastered (+ Minerva's Den DLC expansion), Bioshock Infinite (+ Season Pass w/2 expansions + extra items/mode DLCs) .

Yes that first dlc - is a wee bit short but really really good. I guess some advantage of being short is the story is less diluted by game play but i really liked it. Hum. I wonder if anyone on the original story/design team will be a part of this new studio.

Finishing Infinite is really important as... things change significantly as you head towards the end of Infinite. Then even more so, the Season Pass

for Infinite offers a pair of separate, stand alone adventures which take you back to Rapture and ultimately sum up and bring the whole saga to date full circle ; They should definitely be played last!

If anyone was interested in playing them again, I suggest checking out "Bioshock: The Collection" which has the updated version of everything - Bioshock Remastered , Bioshock 2 Remastered (+ Minerva's Den DLC expansion), Bioshock Infinite (+ Season Pass w/2 expansions + extra items/mode DLCs) .

While I really like that there's another Bioshock on the way, I'm not really sure how confident I am in it. A lot of the aesthetics and the vibe that set it apart have been implemented in lots of other games.
I'm hopeful, but I'm not so sure that Bioshock wasn't just a product of the time it came out.

Reactions: w35t
like this
You could have alot of weird stuff going on down there snow white background.

I enjoyed Bioshock 1 and Infinite. Played the DLCs. I got 15 minutes into Bioshock 2. Couldn't get into it. Maybe I should try again. I do hope the gameplay gets a bit of an overhaul though. Bioshock games have too much of a floaty feel to them.

HOT TAKE: BioShock isn't that good and is overrated. Rapture is a great setting, I like the twists in the stories, rest is largely just meh to be honest and there's just not nearly as much interesting happenings going on as you'd expect.

1 just devolves into wrench combo everything because guns do absolutely no fucking damage on higher difficulties.

2 is ice drill to win. As soon as you can do it you will do it for the rest of the game.

Infinite I somehow can't even remember besides eating hotdogs out of the garbage.

I enjoyed Bioshock 1 and Infinite. Played the DLCs. I got 15 minutes into Bioshock 2. Couldn't get into it. Maybe I should try again. I do hope the gameplay gets a bit of an overhaul though. Bioshock games have too much of a floaty feel to them.
Bioshock 2's dlc was awesome and was absolutely a step above the base game and worth the play.
HOT TAKE: BioShock isn't that good and is overrated. Rapture is a great setting, I like the twists in the stories, rest is largely just meh to be honest and there's just not nearly as much interesting happenings going on as you'd expect.

1 just devolves into wrench combo everything because guns do absolutely no fucking damage on higher difficulties.

2 is ice drill to win. As soon as you can do it you will do it for the rest of the game.

Infinite I somehow can't even remember besides eating hotdogs out of the garbage.
That's an opinion for sure, personally I almost never used my wrench in Bioshock 1 and the game was perfectly fine. Once you learned how to chain certain weapons it became pretty easy as well. The atmosphere and story though was amazing and had me sucked in the entire time and is still one of my top gaming while young memories.

Bioshock 2 was, a game so I'll give you that lol.

Infinite was definitely not as good as one but it had some good moments and the gameplay loop was fun enough. I thoroughly enjoyed zipping around to get better vantage points to clear out enemies and had a good time. I'll probably never replay it but it was 100% worth playing once.

No updates? I thought the last one was fun enough to complete and then be like wtf is it over I want more.

Assuming there's anything to that rumor, I think that setting could work. They could tie in the Nazis looking for the hollow earth and whanot. There aren't a ton of places where you can have a hidden civilization, but post-WW2 Antarctica would be one of 'em.

Once again:

*gets on hands and knees*

pleaseletthisbegood...pleaseletthisbegood...pleaseletthisbegood...pleaseletthisbegood etc. etc.

It's a project I'd be scared to be involved with. If they go too far in a different direction, you'll have people claiming that they didn't respect the legacy of the series. If it's too similar to the older games then "they just phoned in another Bioshock game in a new location." It's a tough position to be in.
My hope is that the team has played the new version of Prey. While not exactly Bioshock, it's definitely a cousin and it does a lot of things well.

Back