Bioshock 2 trailer

so if you dont praise and lick somethings arse your a troll

if thats how black & white it is the "i am troll"

No, its trolling if you make up bullshit about a game based only on one short trailer.

oh please

as if bioshock had any depth, this looks like a lame excuse to pump another one of these terrible games even quicker

bioshock was a vitachamber single player death-match game with 3 different enemies
one of those being a big daddy and now you are one of them

so bioshock 2 will be vitachamber single player death-match game with big daddys replaced with big sisters and less guns

okay so in the first game i couldnt break any of that glass with bullets or anything else but now a splicer can easily do it? :confused:

No, its trolling if you make up bullshit about a game based only on one short trailer.

Can you stop trolling the original poster for simply stating his opinion, ON A PUBLIC OPINION-WELCOMED FORUM.

Thanks!

Yeah because you were forced to used vita-chambers. I mean its not like the game didn't have a quick save or save anywhere feature that you could use instead. Its not like the first patch didn't allow you to turn them off. Its not like you couldn't turn the difficulty up high to up the challenge of the game.

It had a hell of a lot more depth than most FPS around that time.

It didn't have a lot of enemies, but what they did have were well designed and they acted like you'd expect them to. They really didn't need a lot of different enemies, honestly it wouldn't make much sense to have anything beyond what they did.

If you paid any attention to the game you'd notice that there will be only one Big Sister and she will be the main enemy of the game. She is going to be your target and vise-versa through the game.

okay so in the first game i couldnt break any of that glass with bullets or anything else but now a splicer can easily do it? :confused:

It looked like the Big Sister that broke it to me.

Can you stop trolling the original poster for simply stating his opinion, ON A PUBLIC OPINION-WELCOMED FORUM.

Thanks!

Kindly stuff it. You don't start a topic the way he did and not expect someone to think of it as trolling.

first bioshock was boring and this looks the exact same. I wonder if it will still have the same repetitive background sounds that nearly drove me insane. haha damn my OCD to finish games I start!

Kindly stuff it. You don't start a topic the way he did and not expect someone to think of it as trolling.

When I saw the thread and read the thread and saw the trailer, I never thought "hmm, he's a troll...."

So, yes, he did start a topic the way he did and no I didn't consider it trolling.

Now, let me kindly stuff it.....*stuffing*

first bioshock was boring and this looks the exact same. I wonder if it will still have the same repetitive background sounds that nearly drove me insane. haha damn my OCD to finish games I start!

I really enjoyed the game up until the Andrew Ryan encounter. That part was really cool. After that the game pretty much fell apart. The story went to shit, the end boss was terrible, the "plot twist" felt so poorly thought out that it was almost laughable. Game just started to drag after that. Then there were the horrible endings...Why couldn't they just end the game with Andrew Ryan being the final encounter?

STFU about trolling
its a word for children who dont really have anything intelligent to say in the matter

example "uh .. oh uh ...your a troll!!!" *runs*

When I saw the thread and read the thread and saw the trailer, I never thought "hmm, he's a troll...."

So, yes, he did start a topic the way he did and no I didn't consider it trolling.

Now, let me kindly stuff it.....*stuffing*

As I said, I considering it trolling when he makes up random bullshit. The developers have clearly never talked about vita-chambers, enemy types, weapons types, etc beyond talking a little about the Big Sister's role.

honestly everyone should be dumping shit on this game provided you have played SS2 and Dues Ex
and know what a good FPS/RPG should be

STFU about trolling
its a word for children who dont really have anything intelligent to say in the matter

I was done with it, until he brought it up. You could have worded your initial post a lot better, seriously. I expect more intelligent opening posts around here than I would at say a pure gaming forum.

honestly everyone should be dumping shit on this game provided you have played SS2 and Dues Ex

It wasn't a FPS/RPG. They made that clear from the get-go. It was meant to be a FPS and thats all.

Uh.. Bioshock isn't an RPG. Guess you haven't played it. Anyways we have Fallout3 if we want to play FPS/RPG game.

edit: err ya what Derangel said :p

STFU about trolling

Lmao, how ironic...like you had anything intelligent to say about this 2 minute demo for a game that comes out in six months...

They still refuse to fix many issues with the first game. They released one micky mouse patch that fixed absolutely nothing. The mouse control is the worst i've seen in a pc game. Its either too sensitive, or not sensitive enough. If you bring down the sensitive to where i feel comfortable. The mouse cursor is absolutely atrocious to control.

I personally have never had crashing problems. However numerous people apparently have, and my brother purchased the game(despite my strong advice against it). He has yet to play the game because of bioshock.exe not responding.

I cant believe how well it sold and how much it got praised when they completely abandoned the game after release. Despite needing numerous fixes. They wont see a dollar from me until they go back and fix their first mess.

I beat the game one time and have had no desire to go back and play because of the horrid mouse controls.

They still refuse to fix many issues with the first game. They released one micky mouse patch that fixed absolutely nothing. The mouse control is the worst i've seen in a pc game. Its either too sensitive, or not sensitive enough. If you bring down the sensitive to where i feel comfortable. The mouse cursor is absolutely atrocious to control.

I personally have never had crashing problems. However numerous people apparently have, and my brother purchased the game(despite my strong advice against it). He has yet to play the game because of bioshock.exe not responding.

I cant believe how well it sold and how much it got praised when they completely abandoned the game after release. Despite needing numerous fixes. They wont see a dollar from me until they go back and fix their first mess.

I beat the game one time and have had no desire to go back and play because of the horrid mouse controls.

I never had a problem with the mouse. I'm used to really sensitive mice though, I always set my sensitivity high.

I never had a problem with the mouse. I'm used to really sensitive mice though, I always set my sensitivity high.
its very weird. you have to put the in game sensitivity on 1 or 2 or it feels like its juddering when turning the mouse. I have an mx518 mouse and I put it on the highest dpi setting and the in game sensitivity on 1 and feels perfectly fine.

Bioshock, System Shock both made by ken levine, a genius and retard

He basically promises to continue system shock through a different franchise due to licensing crap
and delivers a game 10 years later that has LESS gameplay than its predecesor

How do you make less gameplay? its called a thumbstick having no chance at hell at managing a real time inventory menu

pissed of with the lack of direction and gameplay in any games these days
cant beleive ss2 and dues ex style was not mimicked, so much choice and play as you want in those games,

there was no real choice in bioshock all my points went to plasmids, no strength , intel, endurance.. no chance of increasing hacking skill so for example i could not hack a turrent untill lvl 3

with the price of 8800s these days there is no reason your game should not look amazing i just wish gameplay was just as amazing

Bioshock, System Shock both made by ken levine, a genius and retard

He basically promises to continue system shock through a different franchise due to licensing crap
and delivers a game 10 years later that has LESS gameplay than its predecesor

How do you make less gameplay? its called a thumbstick having no chance at hell at managing a real time inventory menu

pissed of with the lack of direction and gameplay in any games these days
cant beleive ss2 and dues ex style was not mimicked, so much choice and play as you want in those games,

there was no real choice in bioshock all my points went to plasmids, no strength , intel, endurance.. no chance of increasing hacking skill so for example i could not hack a turrent untill lvl 3

with the price of 8800s these days there is no reason your game should not look amazing i just wish gameplay was just as amazing

Levine made it clear that the game wasn't a RPG at all. So if you were expecting SS2 or Dues Ex you were barking up the wrong tree. He did promise a lot of things that didn't happen, but he never promised that it would be as deep as SS2 (at least not once they decided on a direction for the game). Earlier versions of the game were more FPS/RPG, but that changed a lot over time. I'd love to see the early version of the game made, sounded really cool from what I can remember of it.

its very weird. you have to put the in game sensitivity on 1 or 2 or it feels like its juddering when turning the mouse. I have an mx518 mouse and I put it on the highest dpi setting and the in game sensitivity on 1 and feels perfectly fine.
Setting the sensitivity to 1 or 2 made the game much better. However the mouse cursor was impossibly unresponsive and sluggish. A setting of 3 or above and it was fine. However the core game at that point I felt was way too sensitive. Really irritates me how they spent so much time hyping the game and then abandoned ship after it shipped.

Setting the sensitivity to 1 or 2 made the game much better. However the mouse cursor was impossibly unresponsive and sluggish. A setting of 3 or above and it was fine. However the core game at that point I felt was way too sensitive. Really irritates me how they spent so much time hyping the game and then abandoned ship after it shipped.

Yeah, its weird. I understand that the shake-up at 2K Boston could cause issues, but I don't see how it would effect 2K Australia's ability to patch the game and its not like 2K Australia has done anything since Bioshock. So wtf?

Honestly, I'm more annoyed at the lack of support from Bioware and Demiurge for Mass Effect PC. At least I can play Bioshock just fine. Can't say the same for Mass Effect. Well I can play it, but not without significant sound issues.

Bioshock was one of the best games I've played in the last 5 years, and yes I played SS2 and Dues Ex. Looking forward to the sequel.

the only thing I liked about Bioshock was the story being tlold through audio logs (I like that for some reason) and Rapture itself.

The game had no depth and certainly was not memorable.

I still hate that people call it the spiritual successor of System Shock 2. I was disappointed as well and yes, the end boss was so right for consoles..

now, the game wasn't the worst ever, it just felt like any other shooter to me, but it really seems like they are making #2 just because they feel that it will sell because it says bioshock on the cover and the game will be rushed and silly because they needed to meet such a quick turn around.

the only thing I liked about Bioshock was the story being tlold through audio logs (I like that for some reason) and Rapture itself.

The game had no depth and certainly was not memorable.

I still hate that people call it the spiritual successor of System Shock 2. I was disappointed as well and yes, the end boss was so right for consoles..

now, the game wasn't the worst ever, it just felt like any other shooter to me, but it really seems like they are making #2 just because they feel that it will sell because it says bioshock on the cover and the game will be rushed and silly because they needed to meet such a quick turn around.

2K Marion started working on it as soon as they formed. They're using the same engine and it looks like some of the same assets, so its not like they have t build it from the ground up.

I have played both SS2 and Deus Ex. Enjoyed them both immensily. A while back I found Bioshock available for $20 for my PS3. I think its one of the best games i've played on the console.

Bioshock was an excellent game.

*whistles* Heeeeere little troll. Want a bone?
.... well too bad! :cool:

Anyway, looks very interesting. Curious to see if you'll be playing as a Big Daddy the whole game... maybe it will be the inverse of Bioshock 1, and you'll eventually shed the suit or something. Highly doubt you'll just have the Boltgun, Drillarm, and Plasmids the whole game.

BTW: Yes, I have played though System Shock 2 as well (years before Bioshock was even announced), and I loved Bioshock.

Last edited:

I feel a similar way. Despite relatively enjoying the game I still feel highly ripped off after purcashing the game. I did so through steam and they forced the EU customers to get the game like 3 days late, so while Americans had downloaded it over steam and had completed the game I was still left waiting with it pre-loaded onto my hard drive unable to play...what a load of political bullshit.

The mouse controls were awful you're dead on the money here, It was a massive batch of mouse acceleration which was no doubt left over from the console version to allow the rubbish analogue sticks to have a hope in hells chance at the game. The FoV was so tiny that most PC gamers felt uncomforatble playing it, and the widescreen was broken as well, vert- rather than horz+

I wont hold them to fix their original of all these problems before I get bioshock 2, but I WILL NOT buy bioshock 2 if they repeat any of these stupid problems.

If they treat the UK customers like 2nd rate customers again they I will never buy another game from them again, It's just plain asshatery to preload a game to many people around the world and only let some of them play it, with no good reason for doing so.

I really don't see how the original Bioshock begs a sequel. They should have let the "franchise" end with the first game. This trailer looks to be more of the same first game.

Bioshock is the only game that I've ever played halfway through (right after I killed Ryan) and then threw the game in the trash. I was expecting a SS2 successor, instead I got a dumbed down console shooter. Yeah the atmosphere was good but that was it's only redeeming quality. It shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as SS2 as it doesn't even hold a candle to it. I obviously won't even give the sequel a try and waste my time again.

Bioshock is the only game that I've ever played halfway through (right after I killed Ryan) and then threw the game in the trash. I was expecting a SS2 successor, instead I got a dumbed down console shooter.

Translation: "I'm too good for this game."
Really? It's so disappointing when the PC Elitist attitude can be the only thing preventing someone from enjoying a game.

Yeah, Bioshock is waayyyyy simpler than SS2. I don't see how this is a totally bad thing. Sure, I'd definitely prefer a full inventory system and a more in-depth "leveling" system. But seriously, just that making someone "throw away" a game is pretty sad.

I often wonder what PC Gamers would have thought of Bioshock if the SS series never existed or if you took a PC Gamer who just never played SS.

Last edited:
Translation: "I'm too good for this game."
Really? It's so disappointing when the PC Elitist attitude can be the only thing preventing someone from enjoying a game.

Yeah, Bioshock is waayyyyy simpler than SS2. I don't see how this is a totally bad thing. Sure, I'd definitely prefer a full inventory system and a more in-depth "leveling" system. But seriously, just that making someone "throw away" a game is pretty sad.

I often wonder what PC Gamers would have thought of Bioshock if the SS series never existed or if you took a PC Gamer who just never played SS.

this is part of the problem because they set an expectation when they kept calling it the 'spiritual successor to System Shock 2'

That is what there problem was. IF they had never said that then, sure people might think differently, but over all it still isn't the best game ever and still lacks depth. It's a every day shooter that they actually spent some time on a decent story and a wonderful environment.

Still worth a play through though.

[H]ardForum, the place where almost universally loved games suck. It's so annoying. Someone told me for bringing up gamespot once, that if I cared about reviews i shouldn't buy games. Well, if I listened to this forum, I wouldn't need a gaming PC.

Back