Bioshock 2 Officially Announced

Ill probably buy it as I enjoyed the first one however I wonder how many install credits it will have? Im guessing one with $5 for additional credits.

Hopefully it's a perspective from someone within rapture as it descends into madness.

Righteous.

I know it says sequel, but a prequel would be so sweet. Rapture at its prime .... that would be a nice game base.

There are plenty of stories left in rapture. They could do a prequel. They could do a story based on others in the plane surviving, but ending up in different areas of rapture. Remember, this was a CITY, and we only got to see a little bit of it.

Heck, they could have a submarine or a ship "find" rapture and go inside to investigate. Granted a lot of the story would have already been revealed in bioshock 1, but there are ways around that.

Perhaps you aren't an only child? Perhaps it was twins, or even triplets. The mind boggles, but i did love bioshock, and if they make a sequel i hope it doesn't suck.

I really hate it how they announce these things so early.
So then you get excited, but its more than 1.5 years away.

Like holy crap, it will almost be 2010 when this comes out.

I would have rather have found out about this game a year from now. Damn you official announcements.

I didn't like BioShock at all, but Rapture offers a lot of sequel potential. Spugnor's ideas remind me of the show LOST, which has a lot of parallels with Rapture.

i am going to play Bioshock next, it has a good story right?

Yeah it was a good story IMO.

Hmmm yeah I never thought of a prequal or a story about someone else in Rapture during its downfall. I would like that one the most I think,a perspective of someone in Rapture telling there story during the downfall of Rapture. Maybe there was a resistance or something. That can be interesting if worked out properly.

I bet this time we play through as a little sister.

So the game will consist of extrating Adam from dead corpses then and having a Big Daddy go wild on people trying to harm you then? Could be cool, always wondered what its like in those tunnels you crawl through:D

BioShock 2!
Now with more DRM?

Don't have to worry about DRM yet, as it's not announced for any systems IIRC.

2K might just give the PC the finger after all the crying over Bioshock, and just stick to 360 / PS3 where 95% of their money was made. It's doubtful, but always a possibility. I'm not getting my hopes up until I see an announcement.

2K might just give the PC the finger after all the crying over Bioshock, and just stick to 360 / PS3 where 95% of their money was made. It's doubtful, but always a possibility. I'm not getting my hopes up until I see an announcement.
I've heard from various people that BioShock on the PC sold just as well, if not better, than the 360 version. (I'm having trouble finding a source, though.)

I've heard from various people that BioShock on the PC sold just as well, if not better, than the 360 version. (I'm having trouble finding a source, though.)

It didn't sell as well as consoles, not even by a long shot, but it didn't sell poorly. Obviously those numbers do not contain the return numbers i.e. the amount of people that returned the game, due to copy protection measures (and they were quite a few, judging by the response in the official forums), which ultimately makes the box and DVD a paperweight.

I say good riddance if they actually do that. They confirmed that they infested the PC version with that copy protection system, to protect console sales anyway.

And you do have to worry about it, since they pretty much confirmed that they'll use similar measures in future games. I would be extra cautious with Bioshock 2 and Mafia 2 from now on, if they are released for PC that is.

I play it on the PC and I would have a hard time doing some of the puzzles etc... with a game controller instead of K+M I would think...

For those complaining, I bought Bioshock through Steam (for reasons of monetary savings - on sale, no sales tax, favorable exchange rate - saved $20) Not one hint of any DRM nastiness there other than typical Steam.

Bioshock was a fun game, and I enjoyed playing it. I will look forward to the next installment.
The DRM didn't really bug me, and I bought the game from Steam. How can they tell me I can't install it anymore if I have it linked to my account?

I play it on the PC and I would have a hard time doing some of the puzzles etc... with a game controller instead of K+M I would think...

For those complaining, I bought Bioshock through Steam (for reasons of monetary savings - on sale, no sales tax, favorable exchange rate - saved $20) Not one hint of any DRM nastiness there other than typical Steam.

FYI, Steam version contains SecuROM aswell. It's DRM over DRM. Do try to install the game more than 5 times (which is the current limit) and then report back. You're in for a surprise
The fact that you don't know about it, further proves that the "average Joe", was the most deceived one.

Bioshock was a fun game, and I enjoyed playing it. I will look forward to the next installment.
The DRM didn't really bug me, and I bought the game from Steam. How can they tell me I can't install it anymore if I have it linked to my account?

Same way as the retail version, since Steam version has SecuROM too. The only advantage is that in Steam, a user has direct access to its "game user content", which can be deleted. In Bioshock's case, "Game User Content" = "install credits". Basically it works as the revoke tool, but if you fail to delete it, then you wasted an install credit.

I was really disappointed in Bioshock. between the DRM and the hype that it was OMGamazing... it was just a corridor shooter with a few puzzle games. I mean, outside from the Ayn Rand context... it was just another console port shooter.

I was really disappointed in Bioshock. between the DRM and the hype that it was OMGamazing... it was just a corridor shooter with a few puzzle games. I mean, outside from the Ayn Rand context... it was just another console port shooter.

Actually I think it was developed for the PC and then ported to console(s)

BioShock 2!
Now with more DRM?

not in a console mate. have fun playing it on the pc full of drm and bugs while i and otehr console users will sit back and enjoy another epic game :)

im no fanboy of console, infact i prefer fps games on pc's but with all that drm crap and bugs i got on the 360 instead

Have you tried doing the hacking on a console? Fucking hell it's a nightmare. I'm pretty sure at least that element was designed on a PC. It simply demands a mouse.

Anyway, yeah, definitely looking forward to a sequel. Loved Bioshock. Though I always felt that I needed to witness the whole city collapse. I was kinda expecting to have that happen and have the last few stages of the game about trying to escape as the whole place comes down all around you and all the water effects are piled on left right and centre showing it off as a massive end crescendo to the game.

I really hope it isn't as simplistic and much more of a challenge. Other than that, Bioshock was a good game. Not nearly as good as SS2 but good enough to be entertaining.

Back