BioShock 2 Gameplay Performance and Image Quality @ [H]

I was really hoping that they'd at least upgrade to UE3.0, or better yet, UE3.5, for Bioshock 2.

The original bioshock wasn't groundbreaking in the graphics and neither is this one. Still a great game.

good game overall, if you like the ride of course

playing it on dx9 1080p

fov thing is bad tough .. i had to change it to by editing the .ini ... original fov made me sick

and i play a lot of fps so its a problem with this one :p

Sounds like my gtx 280 will have no prob with this one. Still don't see a reason to upgrade my gpu.

Does anyone know if ATI ever added AA support while using DX10 for this game? I just tried forcing it using CCC and it doesn't seem to be working.

Also, the default FOV doesn't bother me at all. Might be because I play at 1280x1024.

Does anyone know if ATI ever added AA support while using DX10 for this game? I just tried forcing it using CCC and it doesn't seem to be working.

Also, the default FOV doesn't bother me at all. Might be because I play at 1280x1024.

Nah, I do not think so. I just beat Bioshock 2 on my 4870 1GB in DX10 mode. Tried many times with updated drivers (including tweaked drivers) to force AA. No go.

The default FOV wasn't such a bad thing because I sat as far away from the screen as possible with my rocking chair. On your 1280x1024 screen which is probably a relatively small screen, the FOV would make much more sense. It does a lot more to make a person feel immersed into the environment as long as the FOV is not ridiculously narrow.

Thanks for the reply.

This 5850 is the first time I've gone over to the red team in quite a few years and I think I'm almost starting to regret it. First missing out on 2 eye candy graphics settings in Just Cause 2 and now no AA in Bioshock 2. You don't realize how big a deal the whole TWIMTBP thing actually affects things until you go ATI.

That's because the default FOV is correct (more or less) for that AR. The problem is that the FOV doesn't adjust for widescreen, so 16:10 and wider users get screwed on the default FOV. 4:3/5:4 guys like yourself don't have that problem :)

I can't answer that question but have you tried renaming the .exe to UT3 or Bioshock? That works with a lot of other UE3 based game's to get AA working. What about the .ini's?

I can't answer that question but have you tried renaming the .exe to UT3 or Bioshock? That works with a lot of other UE3 based game's to get AA working. What about the .ini's?

You can't rename the .exe because they use a launcher that just hands the process off to the hard-coded Bioshock2.exe. Changing the name of the launcher doesn't do anything, and changing the name of the actual game .exe results in not being able to start the game. Nothing in the .ini's that I can find.

You can't rename the .exe because they use a launcher that just hands the process off to the hard-coded Bioshock2.exe. Changing the name of the launcher doesn't do anything, and changing the name of the actual game .exe results in not being able to start the game. Nothing in the .ini's that I can find.

Can't you just run Bioshock2.exe directly? Then you could rename the exe...

Back