Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Rescuer

Votes: 48 82.8%
  • Both

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters

NeghVar

2[H]4U
For those of you who have played Bioshock 1, what type of player were you?

I got the good ending the first time I played. Think I started a second play-through doing evil, but never got around to finishing. So I just went and watched the evil ending on youtube - seemed fitting. :p

Yeah, never could harvest the little sisters, just seemed wrong. Plus, you never really missed out on anything, so why not play the good guy! :)

Of course, i think pretty much every "moral choice" type game out there is intrinsically flawed, because the intent matters much more than the actual actions taken. And a game cannot measure why you did what you did, it can only judge based on actions.

In the end it makes very little difference, kind of on the level of Mass Effect 3, really. I was actually pretty disappointed in the ending(s) overall.

I went Rescuer. In the end you get the same amount of Adam either way, and I never felt gimped by rescuing.

Ehh i always rescued them. you got age same rewards, basically, and it just didn't feel right to kill them.

I played Bioshock Infinite a while back and loved it. Easily one of the best FPS of all time. Last week, I bought Bioshock 1 & 2 for $9.99 on Steam. Again, great FPS. Not as good as Bioshock Infinite, but still an excellent game.

Bioshock infinite was waaaaaaay over rated. it had 2 great characters and a solid somewhat though provoking story. but other than that it was meh. the graphics werent bad but weren't great. the setting was the same as the first two but in the sky. the ai was just terrible and the gunplay was just god awful.

that being said i did play it twice through back to back but that was just for the story. but it being one of the best games of all time is laughable even though all the review sites seem to think so.

Bioshock infinite was waaaaaaay over rated. it had 2 great characters and a solid somewhat though provoking story. but other than that it was meh. the graphics werent bad but weren't great. the setting was the same as the first two but in the sky. the ai was just terrible and the gunplay was just god awful.

that being said i did play it twice through back to back but that was just for the story. but it being one of the best games of all time is laughable even though all the review sites seem to think so.

I guess I should have put "In my opinion." Just like the above is yours. As for gunplay, suppose you are used to Arma's gunplay, then of course you'll see Bioshock Infinite's gunplay as "god awful." Settings were not the same. Bioshock 1 & 2 took place in a dystopian city. Columbia is still a Utopia.
However, it was also the first game I played which pushed my new system to its limits. Before that was a 4.5 year old Asus G50V laptop. So I did have a significant leap in hardware performance.

So, "IN MY OPINION," Bioshock Infinite is one of the greatest FPS of all time.

Last edited:
Its not really possible to compare arma's gunplay to other games.

and if BI is one of your favorite games, good for you im glad you enjoyed it.

i just got annoyed with all the gushing awhile back.

The problem I had with BI's gunplay was that it was so sporatic and disjointed. You almost always had a canned fight, in an enclosed area, which ended within 2-4minutes. Then nothing for 10-15minutes. The guns themselves were sometimes annoying (such as lack of ammo for certain types), and some useless even upgraded. This is playing game on hard (or whatever it was called).

The presentation and aesthetics were amazing for such an aged engine though.

The "FPS" aspects of this FPS were average at best.

I definitely preferred the original Bioshock over BI. (and prefer the System Shocks over all of the BSes) BI was pretty cool in some ways, but as mentioned above it was all utopia(ed) out, and I'm more of a dystopia sort of guy. I also much prefer the art-deco 20s through 40s sort of look to the turn of the century sort of thing that I felt BI went for. I didn't finish BI. I've played through BioShock a few times. BioShock 2: Revenge of Daddy or whatever you want to call it I played for a minute and a half before deciding that I didn't like it.

Anyway, that said, I rescue the sisters. You get the nice little bonuses here and there. They're oddball mutated little creeps, but I still didn't feel like I should be killing them. :D

First time I played Bioshock, I was a harvester and harvested all of the little sisters.

Second time around, I rescued all of them and got the good ending.

Back