BIOS updates for AM4 motherboards

Hope it works for my Vengance LPX 3200 on the Tomahawk. Stuck with .01 volt bump and 2933. I noticed voltage drop at 1.36 volt default setting to 1.344 volt. Had to bump it to get 2933 to boot.

Anyone running the new 3203 or the new new 3803 for the X370 Prime? I am still on 3404, which allowed me to run my ram @ 2933 14-15-14-1T. I have a 3200 16-18-18 rated G. skill kit.

I've never tested my ram at a higher speed with the newer bios releases but the December release would recolonize my ram's OC profile of 3200 but would fail to boot unless I dropped it to 3066. I went down to 2933 with the tighter timings since that seemed to offer an additional 5% on my hasrates on CryptoNight.

I wouldn't mind trying the new bios but am in the middle of moving and cant afford the downtime at the moment. I am planning on picking up a refresh of the 1700 if they show an additional 2-400Mhz of clock speed headroom on the average OC so I will have to test the newer release at some point. I just do not want to lose the memory performance I have now.

A lot of people with the new MSI boards are reporting Vcore issues and higher than normal dram voltages, some people are saying you can go below 1.3 volts on vcore and messing up overclocks as well just a heads up

Damn, MSI keep messing the Vcores, I was hoping they had learned back years ago..

i managed to put my 1700x with 1.35 no issues at 3.9 and my stock 2666 mem on my other PC. Seems normal to me. My friend was complaining about it. I think a lot of people who were undervolting were complaining normal higher voltage oc like 1.3 v

Well, I see that the X370 Taichi board got an update but I am thinking about staying on 3.20 because I am currently setting at:

Ryzen 7 1700 [email protected] Volts
Gskill 3200 CL14 [email protected] volts

might be better OC to be had with new bios, but really I see no need to try my hand at another bios that might give me better performance or it might not.

Last edited:
Well, I see that the X370 Taichi board got an update but I am thinking about staying on 3.20 because I am currently setting at:

Ryzen 7 1700 [email protected] Volts
Gskill 3200 CL14 [email protected] volts

might be better OC to be had with new bios, but really I see no need to try my hand at another bios that might give me better performance or it might not.

If you don't have the multi bug then stick with 3.20. that was the only change with 3.20a and 3.30. 4.40 just adds support for zen+/RR. Unless they're completely broken for zen+/RR this will be the last bios we get most likely.

Well, I updated on The B350 Tomahawk and memory speed is back to 3200 16 on Vengeance Hynix chip RAM. Memory compatibility is up.

If anyone is interested the Asus Crosshair VI Hero bios 6001, I changed my bios to it and it's the first time I could select 3200 speed on my memory and without any tweaking it worked passed memtest. It also changed some other stuff in the menus but overall it has worked very well for me.

If you don't have the multi bug then stick with 3.20. that was the only change with 3.20a and 3.30. 4.40 just adds support for zen+/RR. Unless they're completely broken for zen+/RR this will be the last bios we get most likely.

I doubt it. Probably get a Zen 2 bios next year with their release. Here's hoping that the memory compatibility issues aren't present with Zen+ this year.

oops, yep - rats. Will try it anyways, will be going to 32gb as well, bios first though.
Updated ASUS C6H to bios 6001 and 32gb of DDR4 3200 with Stilt's 3200 safe configuration preset - Bam! Wam! SuperDuper!!!
2018-02-20.png
100% stable so far. Maybe this weekend I will see how fast I can push 32gb.

Thinking of updating my BIOS for my ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac. I haven't in a few months and the newest versions include those RAM compatibility enhancements and I am running on Corsair. Any issues I should be aware of?

Thinking of updating my BIOS for my ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac. I haven't in a few months and the newest versions include those RAM compatibility enhancements and I am running on Corsair. Any issues I should be aware of?

Are you having ram compatibility issues? There have been a few 'ram compatbility' bios releases for my motherboard since I last updated, but since I'm already running at rated speeds there isn't much point to updating just so other ram (that I have no intention of getting) will work in my system.

Are you having ram compatibility issues? There have been a few 'ram compatbility' bios releases for my motherboard since I last updated, but since I'm already running at rated speeds there isn't much point to updating just so other ram (that I have no intention of getting) will work in my system.

I got my Corsair Vengeance 3000 to run at 2933 (?) for a short while but it had some issues when restarting and didn't seem to last long. So I have set it to 2666 MHZ since which works great, but below the rated speeds.

I got my Corsair Vengeance 3000 to run at 2933 (?) for a short while but it had some issues when restarting and didn't seem to last long. So I have set it to 2666 MHZ since which works great, but below the rated speeds.
Have you given the RAM a voltage bump? My B350 board sets at 1.36 volt but reads at 1.34 volts. Set at 1.37 and I get 1.36. Hynix RAM is scetchy on Ryzen first edition.

Have you given the RAM a voltage bump? My B350 board sets at 1.36 volt but reads at 1.34 volts. Set at 1.37 and I get 1.36. Hynix RAM is scetchy on Ryzen first edition.

Have you noticed on the latest agesa code update that while memory compatibility has increased, memory performance has actually decreased? Using cinebench 15 as a yardstick my old openGL scores were between 127 to 131 fps for my ddr4 3200 cl 14 FlareX memory at 3.9 GHZ. Now with newest agesa code I vary between 116 and 118 fps. I even upped cpu frequency a notch to 3.925 GHZ with only a minute improvement to 118 fps. This is a consistent 9 to 10% loss in fps on cinebench. A bug is also seen with new agesa code . Cinebench 15 only reports cpu speed at stock 3.6 GHZ on my 1800X, even though it shows at 3.9 GHZ in windows 10 system info and in HWinfo64 and cpuz and bios. There are also some page loading issues on certain web sites when using a hotlink that only occurred after bios update. My older agesa code was run at 3066mhz at cl14-13-13-13-28 TRC 63 . My new speed is 3266mhz at cl-14-14-14-14-32 TRC 73. Both settings passed memory stability testing for 3 runs of Ycrunch stress test.

I'd give it a go then, does the QVL list your ram? On mine the QVL was very accurate and they'd update the QVL for the speeds my ram would run (same as yours, lpx 3000, but on Asus) which would match pretty much exactly what I could run mine at. Sometimes I could run it at higher speeds than listed but at worse timings.

Did anyone already get a bios with some security fixes inside (spectre or others)?

Did anyone already get a bios with some security fixes inside (spectre or others)?
lmao I don't even think I've using AGESA 1.0.0.6, let alone one with those updates!

I just found out I'm still on BIOS v1.74 on my Titanium... which is from June of 2017! It's been so good to me, I haven't really felt the need to update, despite the potential performance gains.

I think v1.D1 (yes, D... *shrug*) has the Spectre AGESA, as it came out like a week or two after AMD said they were pushing the microcode out to vendors.

EDIT: Though, I suppose it could be simply for the APU's as well... Hard to say. Just checked and there haven't been any newer Beta's.

EDIT2: Didn't consider to check the official releases... hah Either way, it could still be either-or on it being Spectre microcode, or APU microcode. At the very least I'll grab the latest to see if there are any new goodies to unhide through modding.
upload_2018-4-8_21-18-2.png

Last edited:
I gave up on DDR4 3200 Cl 16 after several crash only on Mass effect Andromeda.revert back to 2993 Cl 15, fully stable at 1.275v while running at [email protected] ( 1600X )

Last edited:
Asus Prime A320M-K needs to be updated to BIOS Version 3803

Built a handful of these with 2200G's and experienced problems ranging from no post, graphics corruption, and bluescreens. Updated the BIOS to 3803 seems to have fixed the problem.

Expect Spectre mitigation updates in the near future for your boards as microcode has been released for a new AGESA/UEFI.
Edit- I suspect Windows updates have been rolling out to mitgate Spectre as The last few days have seen many updates across my machines. Just keep patching.

Last edited:
4.70 bios for asrock ab350 pro4m

1.Update AMD AGESA to PinnaclePI-AM4_1.0.0.1a.
2.Improve M.2 SSD compatibility.
* If the current BIOS version is older than P3.40, please update BIOS to P3.40(Bridge BIOS) before updating this version.

Any insights into that version of AGESA?

4.70 bios for asrock ab350 pro4m

1.Update AMD AGESA to PinnaclePI-AM4_1.0.0.1a.
2.Improve M.2 SSD compatibility.
* If the current BIOS version is older than P3.40, please update BIOS to P3.40(Bridge BIOS) before updating this version.

Any insights into that version of AGESA?

Nope but if you decide to google it please share :) . Maybe they start fresh with the numbers each year ?

Nope but if you decide to google it please share :) . Maybe they start fresh with the numbers each year ?

i think they're restarting with each release but only way to really know is when zen 2 comes out next year and it becomes 1.0.0.1b or something along those lines.

i think they're restarting with each release but only way to really know is when zen 2 comes out next year and it becomes 1.0.0.1b or something along those lines.
I thought we had 1.0.0.7 last year ?
And from the one I posted it seems there already is a 1.0.0.2a for C6H.

Back