BIOS updates for AM4 motherboards

AGESA 1.0.7.2a has bugs is reason ASUS went back to 1.0.7.1 - 3008 for C6H is working like a champ. It also has the cold boot start fix in it which should help those having that issue. Running at 4ghz stress testing - no issues so far.

Just wanted to add, flashing to 3008 from 0020 worked like a champ. No need for the USB flashback if you had tried the 1.0.7.2a beta.

CPU ratio unlock and P-State overclocking back to normal! Though, I still have that weird bug where Cinebench only depicts the stock speed when I run a benchmark. Also, task manager correctly shows base speed as my base P-State clock speed- but it's showing my max CPU speed under 100% utilization as 4.35Ghz, which I figure isn't the case considering all other monitoring utilities have my P-State speed shown.

Whelp, I bricked my second b350 (first was an MSI b350m, second a Gigabyte ab350m Gaming 3). First one I flashed old school with a bootable USB from original BIOS to first Agesa, second I flashed with the GB Bios util from the 2/17 version to most recent. In 25 years of building PCs, I've never bricked anything -- this chipset is completely garbage for updates.

I have no patience waiting for a return so I've got an Asus TUF b350m incoming and hoping the BIOS is somewhat up to date cause I'm sure as heckfire not flashing it.

Well my MSI Mortar came pre-bricked.

I have an ASUS TUF right now. I have done 2 flashes, including the latest flash, with no problems.

Whelp, I bricked my second b350 (first was an MSI b350m, second a Gigabyte ab350m Gaming 3). First one I flashed old school with a bootable USB from original BIOS to first Agesa, second I flashed with the GB Bios util from the 2/17 version to most recent. In 25 years of building PCs, I've never bricked anything -- this chipset is completely garbage for updates.

I have no patience waiting for a return so I've got an Asus TUF b350m incoming and hoping the BIOS is somewhat up to date cause I'm sure as heckfire not flashing it.

Interesting. I've loaded at least 5 bios versions on my Asus prime b350m-a csm and have yet to run into an issue. Well, the most recent flash did change my boot priority, but that took all of 20 seconds to figure out. All of the flashes were done with a usb memory stick using the built in tool in the UEFI.

Obviously not ALL B-350s are having issues, but there are definitely some problems - at least with MSI and Gigabyte.

Yeah, I thought initially it was a memory issue on both boards, but swapped out for a few different models/makes and slot configs, all on the board's compatibility list. In both cases, I had the impression the new BIOS would fail, then it would correctly revert back to the backup/older BIOS (the one that had worked fine previously) -- but that no longer posted either. Both MSI and GB techs I worked with had said flash issues were common on these boards and had no issue getting a replacement.

One thing is clear from much trial and trib, the Ryzen controller is picky AF on memory and settings.

Obviously not ALL B-350s are having issues, but there are definitely some problems - at least with MSI and Gigabyte.

Yeah, I was a little hesitant when I bought this Asus board as the pickings were very slim at launch for mATX boards, especially ones that were available and not 'coming soon', but it's been excellent. They really seem to be on top of bios updates which was really important in the early days of trying to get ram working at rated speed, and it's extremely stable - my uptime is usually in the weeks and only gets rebooted for updates. When tweaking setups in the bios, if it can make it through POST it's going to be stable, at least until you push it really hard on the cpu side. Then I just watch temps and if it goes much over 70c under (stock cooler) load I dial things back.

The only time I remember it actually crashing is when I was playing with software overclocking and somehow got it to dynamically clock without it also adjusting the voltage - so it'd ramp up to 3.8ghz on all cores but leave vcore at .9v and then finally crash once some heat built up.

My only complaints are the pci-e slot arrangement (dual slot video card covers one of them, so there's only one other usable pci-e slot) and the lack of p-state overclocking - it requires bios editing to enable which I haven't delved into yet. I had planned to sell it and get a x370 mATX board once available, but it's been so good I don't think I'll bother.

Just update my Gigabyte AB350N mITX to AGESA 1.0.7.2a no issue so far. Running RAM at 3200MHz.

I've updated bios to 3.40 on Asrock x370 Killer SLI and Ram works at 3066 without any problem (i have G.Skill RipjawsV 3000 CL15 ) stable. No problem with flash.
Before that i wasn't even able to get 2400Mhz on memory on original bios. Other than that i have no issues.

Just update my Gigabyte AB350N mITX to AGESA 1.0.7.2a no issue so far. Running RAM at 3200MHz.

Which RAM are you using? I noticed since I changed my biostar to ab350n, i crash often in game. Not sure if it is ram related. I have XPG Z1 at 2933. I cant get it to 3200.

Which RAM are you using? I noticed since I changed my biostar to ab350n, i crash often in game. Not sure if it is ram related. I have XPG Z1 at 2933. I cant get it to 3200.

I'm using the Kingston Predator DDR4-3200. It's been a week no crash at all.

I guess Asus pulled the B350 Agesa 1.0.7.1 updated bios (B350-F Strix). I had to do some trickery to get it to flash back to the latest one on their website.

Got my Ryzen parts in yesterday, and I updated to the newest bios for my TUF B350M Gaming. Memory autodetected at 2933 without issue; and I'm really happy. Now I gotta find a decent AIO to pull the temps down a bit since I'm using a stock fan ...

Got my Ryzen parts in yesterday, and I updated to the newest bios for my TUF B350M Gaming. Memory autodetected at 2933 without issue; and I'm really happy. Now I gotta find a decent AIO to pull the temps down a bit since I'm using a stock fan ...

Wraith Spire should be able to handle flawlessly your chip even at overclocked levels.. I've right now a 1700X Clocked to 3.8ghz all cores at 1.208V with a Wraith Spire LED (stock for 1700/1700X) and it can handle it perfectly.. temps go up to 70C - 75C (depending on the temps outside) stressed with Prime95 or Aida.. Gaming temps go to about 60C-65C so the heat shouldn't be an issue with just a ryzen 1600

Wraith Spire should be able to handle flawlessly your chip even at overclocked levels.. I've right now a 1700X Clocked to 3.8ghz all cores at 1.208V with a Wraith Spire LED (stock for 1700/1700X) and it can handle it perfectly.. temps go up to 70C - 75C (depending on the temps outside) stressed with Prime95 or Aida.. Gaming temps go to about 60C-65C so the heat shouldn't be an issue with just a ryzen 1600

I originally had way too much voltage through the processor and saw temps of close to 90C via Corsair Link when doing encoding with Handbrake. I adjusted the voltage real quick and knocked it down quite a bit and am getting 60C-65C now maxed under CPU-intensive loads.

Hello everyone!

Did someone update their AB350 Gaming-ITX lith the new BIOS? I have the impression that ASRock removed the v.4 version for some reason. I don't see it anymore in the support page.

I'm still sitting at 3.10 now...

There was a 4.x file with AGESA 1.0.0.7 before, apparently now removed due to bugs. Yes, my board is the AB350 ITX.

Looks like another beta BIOS is out for the C6H: http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread/32600_100#post_26542960

- Update to latest AGESA with support for 2nd gen Ryzen processors. Version number is reset, this release is 1.0.0.0a.
- Supports additional DRAM ratios which might help you get closer to your max DRAM frequency without using reference clock. New ratios: 2733, 2866, 3000, 3133, 3266, 3400, 3533, 3666, 3800, 3933, 4066, 4133, 4200.
- Still has the S3 resume TSC frequency bug. Enable HPET or don't use sleep mode for now.

what's the AGESA version that enables the second gen Ryzen CPUs? Is it 1.0.0.7??

what's the AGESA version that enables the second gen Ryzen CPUs? Is it 1.0.0.7??
Maybe 1.0.7.2a on gigabyte boards, but maybe any 1.0.7.x would be fine?
"F10 2017/12/08 Update AGESA 1.0.7.2a for for new upcoming processors"
Dunno, gb is pretty vague in their notes.

I had an odd bug updating to from bios 3.30 to 4.30 for Asrock ab350m pro4: bad rubberbanding/network lag in fps online games only after waking from sleep (fixed with a reboot, ultimately corrected by reverting to 3.30).
I'm not sure if this is a potential cause, but I used the onboard web flash, which of note upgraded straight to 4.3, despite it advising to flash to the 3.40 'bridge' bios first. I will attempt to do that two step upgrade manually.

edit: I just noticed a 4.50 has been released, perhaps fixing this bug

Well, if you have a Asrock Taichi X370, we have not seen an official release of a bios since September. However, their X470 board already has the latest bios, at least according to reports from CES. I hope that does not mean that us Taichi owners have been abandoned.

Well, if you have a Asrock Taichi X370, we have not seen an official release of a bios since September. However, their X470 board already has the latest bios, at least according to reports from CES. I hope that does not mean that us Taichi owners have been abandoned.

from what little we've heard there's still a bug in the current microcode that AMD hasn't fixed which is effecting asrock boards but who knows since chew(asrock bios tester) went completely quiet right before the 3.20a beta bios released.. hopefully we see something when amd releases their new microcode at the end of the month with the spectre exploit patch.

I have an MSI Pro Carbon X370 and I am also worried that it is going to have bad support as the last bios was also September. Really wanted to be able to upgrade to Zen 3 but at this point who knows what will really be supported. I can also not run my ram above 3000 MHz still.

Have you checked out the Betas for MSI? There is a link to the page on the first post in this thread.

Thank you for the pointer. Looks like the last beta is the same version as the last release at this time although :( Maybe it will be updated as we get closer to Zen2 launch.

Updated my ASUS ROG made a difference. Thought there was something funny about my Zen processor

When are you going to wake up?? It is NOT Zen2 it is Zen+. Zen2 comes in 2019 on 7nm.

my board got another BIOS update, which is okay but now I can't get past 3.6ghz right now without finetoothing the OC, or grabbing a beefier aftermarket HSF or a AIO (which I've been meaning to do). Last BIOS I was running I had a rocksolid OC @ 3.8ghz with the Wraith Spire.

F20 out for most gigabyte boards with agesa 1.0.0.0 for new cpus + memory stability.

I have an MSI Pro Carbon X370 and I am also worried that it is going to have bad support as the last bios was also September. Really wanted to be able to upgrade to Zen 3 but at this point who knows what will really be supported. I can also not run my ram above 3000 MHz still.

I just built a rig with a Carbon board and had no trouble running the 3200mhz Gskill Tridents at their 3200mhz rated speed.

I just built a rig with a Carbon board and had no trouble running the 3200mhz Gskill Tridents at their 3200mhz rated speed.

With the new BIOS I can now run 3200mhz. I have Corsair Vengence 3466mhz ram. 3466mhz is still not working but getting to 3200mhz has made me happy.

Back