BIOS updates for AM4 motherboards

On 1.60 (which is what I'm on currently since my RAM was already stable @ 3200CL14) If I set to Balanced power setting in Windows with a manual OC I get downclocks to ~2.2ghz when cores aren't active. I will double check on 2.00 BIOS.
yeah mine was the same with the asrock killer x370 on the 1.6 and 1.63 beta, but when i switched to 2.0 and they changed up the voltage and manual OC part it forced it to run full speed all the time. I do like to be able to downclock when idle

yeah mine was the same with the asrock killer x370 on the 1.6 and 1.63 beta, but when i switched to 2.0 and they changed up the voltage and manual OC part it forced it to run full speed all the time. I do like to be able to downclock when idle

Mine is not downclocking on balanced with a manual OC set on BIOS 2.00.

Yeah CnQ is on, i think they did something with the 2.0 bios that is forcing it not to downclock. I like to save 30-40 watts of power if its not being used for anything important.

ASRock Taichi X370 just got 2.0 BIOS update today:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370 Taichi/#BIOS

I'll have to check after work to see how it goes!

I ran 2.0 today. I think it disables AMD-V. Running VMware workstation 11. Anyways it gave a CPU error (didn't implicitly suggest AMD-V was missing). But When I tried to force AMD-V it stated I didn't have support for it. Went back to 1.6 and its back to working.

ASUS CrossHair 6 Hero has two new ones. First one is with the new AGESA (test, pre-beta), second one is a fixed which on a failed overclock when the board went back to defaults it kept the voltage offset - for 1700x and 1800x owners it could give you some high volts in this case.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread#post_25889679

EDIT:
There is now four test bioses, 1101 went Obsolete or was pulled - best just to read here if interested:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread#post_25889679
elmor said:
Got some new BIOS so I'll pull the previous ones (obselete). All new BIOSes has the Voltage offset during recovery bug fixed. Would be very nice to get some feedback on which is working best for you guys in terms of DRAM compability.

Test BIOS 0079

Test BIOS with new AGESA 1004a, with a couple of bugfixes. Up to 5% performance increases in specific applications. Also has P-state overclocking working with BCLK increase. If you want to keep C-states, make sure to set Advanced\AMD CBS\Zen Common Options\Global C-state Control = Enabled. There are two new settings under AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\DDR4 Common Options\ you might want to take a look at, Fail_CNT and ProcODT. Fail_CNT decides how many times to retry when DRAM training fails (F9 -> 0d), default is now 1. ProcODT can help improve your DRAM overclocking. There's a setting available also on previous BIOSes under AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\DRAM Memory Mapping named BankGroupSwap. If you have 2x Single-Rank modules you can try setting this to Disabled and you might see some performance boost in certain applications.

Test BIOS 0081

Same as 0079 but has ProcODT default = 53.3 ohm

Test BIOS 0082

Same as 0081 but with a DRAM compability patch for the below part numbers

CMK16GX4M4A2133C13
AHU08GGB13CGT7G
PV416G240C5QK
F4-2400C15Q-32GRR
TCD44G2400C14BK
F4-2666C16Q2-64GRB
AVD4UZ126661504G
BLT8G4D26AFTA.16FAD
IMA41GU6MFR8N-C F0
MD16GK4D4266615AXR
HX430C15PB2K4/16
HX430C15PBK4/32
AX4U3333W4G16-QGZ
GAM4DBLBM2133D15IE041C
TC48G24S817
SP004GBLFU213N02
78.C1GM3.AF10B
F4-3200C16D-8GVKB

MTA4ATF51264AZ-2G6B1
MTA8ATF1G64AZ-2G3B1
MTA16ATF2G64AZ-2G6B1
HMA41GU7AFR8N-TF T0
HMA451U7AFR8N-TF T0
HMA41GU6AFR8N-UH N0
M378A2K43BB1-CTD
M378A1K43BB1-CRC
M378A1G43EB1-CRC

Test BIOS 0083
Same as 0081 but with "2T" DRAM Mode when using above 2666 DRAM Ratio.

Last edited:
I ran 2.0 today. I think it disables AMD-V. Running VMware workstation 11. Anyways it gave a CPU error (didn't implicitly suggest AMD-V was missing). But When I tried to force AMD-V it stated I didn't have support for it. Went back to 1.6 and its back to working.
I'm surprised that the ASRock doesn't have the option to enable/disable AMD-V :\ Then again, I'm surprised my Titanium doesn't have C'n'Q available... though it does have AMD-V heh On mine it's disabled by default.

Well my asrock killer has cnQ but it doesnt seem to enable anymore :/ with the 2.0 update hoping a future update will fix it

Well my asrock killer has cnQ but it doesnt seem to enable anymore :/ with the 2.0 update hoping a future update will fix it
Have you tried Disabling it, to see if maybe it wasn't just an oops on their part where Off is actually On?

So i just got my replacement Gskil RGB 2x8gb 3200 14-14-14, and with the 2.0 bios on my asrock x370 killer i was able to hit XMP without changing anything.

So Mem is running full speed on my 1700x at 3.9 on all cores at 1.325
dzuk1t.jpg

ngpkq1.jpg

11cgv43.jpg

Well doesnt seem that stable i bumped the cpu back to 3.8 but i have the ram still ruinning will do some more testing

Well doesnt seem that stable i bumped the cpu back to 3.8 but i have the ram still ruinning will do some more testing

Test them one at a time, try and get memory done then cpu, while resetting the other to default.

Looks like the 3200 isn't stable random crashes and such 2933 is fine I'll test with the better timings next

I'm surprised that the ASRock doesn't have the option to enable/disable AMD-V :\ Then again, I'm surprised my Titanium doesn't have C'n'Q available... though it does have AMD-V heh On mine it's disabled by default.
Yeah turns out that while fine on previous BIOS' it was fine but on 2.0 it gets disabled by default. I was able to turn it back on and everything is great. Also got my memory up to 2633. Set some pretty loose timing hopefully I can work those down a bit but stability first at this point.

Man, what in the hell did they do in this AGESA update? I just installed it on my B350 board and I went from easy stable 3200mhz RAM to not even being able to POST if its not at 2133. Can't even run 2400mhz, only 2133. I tried downgrading the BIOS but whatever was done can't be reverted.

Man, what in the hell did they do in this AGESA update? I just installed it on my B350 board and I went from easy stable 3200mhz RAM to not even being able to POST if its not at 2133. Can't even run 2400mhz, only 2133. I tried downgrading the BIOS but whatever was done can't be reverted.

The way I see it is that if you are having no problems skip beta updates until those big ones roll in a month from now. It is not as development was just a bit to late they were way to late with bios on the AM4 platform.
And even in May I would be cautious , if there still planning for releases after see what they do.

The way I see it is that if you are having no problems skip beta updates until those big ones roll in a month from now. It is not as development was just a bit to late they were way to late with bios on the AM4 platform.
And even in May I would be cautious , if there still planning for releases after see what they do.

The BIOS also promised an update to temps/fans so I wanted to try it so I could stop cramming a fan controller meant for a 5.25" bay next to my PSU. It did indeed fix the fans/temps, but completely wrecked the overclocking on the CPU and removed any and all possibility of overclocking the RAM.

Not sure whats going on either but with my 1700x on stock i dont ever see anything go above the 3.4ghz wtf was with the talk of precision boost or XFR. even just doing the CPU single core test it does not go above. Using a corsair h110 as well. Hopefully these things get ironed out. I had it clocked back to stock to do the testing with my memory and it just seems really lame. My friend that has a 1700 that i just put together with the stock cooler and his boosts all the time to 3.75. So i am wondering if its my dumb bios

Set an overclock and forget about it then. You have a H110i. Should be plenty of cooling for a moderate overclock.

yeah i did have it at 3.8/3.9 but was testing to figure out my unstable mem at 3200. I was just curious why my Cpu is barely boosting on its own

I think the takeaway from all these BIOS issues seems to have little to do wtih the AGESA, and everything to do with you all having ASRock motherboards. At least that's the parallel I've been seeing between you all...

On the flip side, perhaps this is the exact reason that MSI pulled all the Beta BIOSes for "problematic AGESA", and ASRock just said "FUG IT! Push that out the door!" heh

New BIOS for the Asus Prime X370 Pro:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_X370-PRO/PRIME-X370-PRO-ASUS-0604.zip

Early reports seem to suggest attained memory speeds are lower with the new BIOS :(

Not sure whats going on either but with my 1700x on stock i dont ever see anything go above the 3.4ghz wtf was with the talk of precision boost or XFR. even just doing the CPU single core test it does not go above. Using a corsair h110 as well. Hopefully these things get ironed out. I had it clocked back to stock to do the testing with my memory and it just seems really lame. My friend that has a 1700 that i just put together with the stock cooler and his boosts all the time to 3.75. So i am wondering if its my dumb bios

Core parking needs to be enabled for XFR to work.

Core parking disabled:
TGdEd3q.jpg

evDky7b.png

Core parking enabled:
oVtBF3E.jpg

paqgHIt.png

Note the higher score and the higher CPU Clock Average in AIDA64 (from 3700 MHz to 3980 MHz).

Last edited:
Have you used that special Ryzen power plan that AMD released on their community website ?

Memory latency results with the new 604 BIOS for the Prime X370 (AGESA code 1.0.0.4a)
tfOI5ww.png

Have you used that special Ryzen power plan that AMD released on their community website ?

Yep but it also disables Core Parking so I turned that back on. All my other settings are from the Ryzen power plan.

ah I forgot about the steps i had to do to get Ryzen master to work, i think those steps with the HPET disables that.

Memory latency results with the new 604 BIOS for the Prime X370 (AGESA code 1.0.0.4a)
tfOI5ww.png
Compared to my 1700X tests at stock CPU with DDR4-3200 (and 14-15-15-35), the only difference I'm seeing is lower latency. Otherwise my Write are a tiny bit higher (1gb/s), our Reads/Copy are within margin of error, and your Cache speeds are all a bit faster which from what I've seen on other 4GHz results, comes down to the CPU overclocks.

I have a feeling that 1.0.0.4a is probably not the official one AMD is rolling out, but the same one folk on ASRock are hating, and maybe even the one MSI had used but ended up pulling offline.

Once MSI releases one for the Titanium I'll be all over it. I have the one they yanked, but I haven't had any issues with my shipping BIOS beyond the Sleep Bug. heh

Compared to my 1700X tests at stock CPU with DDR4-3200 (and 14-15-15-35), the only difference I'm seeing is lower latency. Otherwise my Write are a tiny bit higher (1gb/s), our Reads/Copy are within margin of error, and your Cache speeds are all a bit faster which from what I've seen on other 4GHz results, comes down to the CPU overclocks.

I have a feeling that 1.0.0.4a is probably not the official one AMD is rolling out, but the same one folk on ASRock are hating, and maybe even the one MSI had used but ended up pulling offline.

Once MSI releases one for the Titanium I'll be all over it. I have the one they yanked, but I haven't had any issues with my shipping BIOS beyond the Sleep Bug. heh

The fact that I'm getting lower latency at 3200 CL16 than you get at 3200 CL14 seems to confirm that this is the correct AGESA update. The update is only meant to improve memory latency, not transfer speed.

Over at ASUS, looks like AGESA 1004a might have made it out of beta.
0606 for my B350+. Unfortunately, I am not yet home to test brick it.

I notice AMD still ain't posted the new Master without HPET.
Its the 11th already, AMD time, what's the holdup???

---edit---

Now able to download the new Ryzen Master 1.0.1

Last edited:
B350 tomahawk got v1.3 official bios now. release date 04/10. Includes support for Ryzen5 and stability improvements. I wonder if it contains any new stability changes over beta v1.33 update that i am currentrly using

Still nothing new for the Titanium unfortunately :(

However, while reading the MSI Beta BIOS forum I just came across an interesting tidbit... Apparently there have been, thus far, 3 releases of AGESA 1.0.0.4. First was 1.0.0.4RC1, then 1.0.0.4a, and also is 1.0.0.4b.
From what I'm seeing, the betas from MSI boards within the last few days have all been using 1.0.0.4b, whereas ASUS and ASRock (no clue about Gigabyte) have been using the older 1.0.0.4a.

Lends some credibility to my theory about those boards (like the ASRock with BIOS v2.0) having the issues with overclocking and so forth being AGESA related.

I was really really tempted to try out that v1.41 Beta for the Titanium, but then I read this and now I might hold off... :\ Was really itchin to try that BCLK, too!
Some dude on MSI Forums said:
Only the Titanium with 1.4x BIOS with AGESA 1.0.0.4 was affected. MSI then decided to pull Beta BIOS from all boards (who knows why).

I installed this today and got 2666 working in my G.Skill Ripjaw 3200 V series. Nothing higher would post. I was previously stuck at 2400.
Progress! I haven't had a chance to try it yet, probably be after the weekend.

Hey hey hey! Titanium's BIOS finally updated :) Hope it has BCLK like the Beta did, or I'ma be a sad panda. I'm 'bout to throw it into the editor to see. I'll update it tomorrow though. :D

EDIT: Wooo! Thar be a BCLK setting! If it's hidden by default, I'll post a BIOS with it unhidden (I've already been flashing my edited BIOSes, and wouldn't post it w/o testing myself, first). NOW the fun can begin!

So the asrock killer released a 2.1 bios going to try it out just says improved system stability.

Edit: Follow up - Flashed the bios going to do some testing, but the CnQ still doesnt work for manual OC. Temps seem higher now as well on CPU

Edit 2 - temps are the same, nothing feels different still cant change my mem off of 2933 at 16-18-18-36, i can get in to windows at the xmp profile of 3200 14-14-14-34 but overwatch crashes after a game. But super stable at the looser timings and 2933. cpu is at normal 3.8 all core at 1.3

Last edited:
Wtf is the difference between Agesa 1004a and 1004b, anyway?
You can't see it, since we don't have an emote for it but I'm shrugging REAL hard right now. lol
In short: We don't really even have details on what is different exactly in 1.0.0.4. Ideally we'd have release notes/change logs and could know what changed in 1.0.0.4RC1, a, and b... alas, here we are! lol

Back