BIOS updates for AM4 motherboards

I tried beta 4.51D which is newer than 4.60. Nothing different from my short test. Rolling back to 4.60 now

Asrock ITX 4.70 released

C'mon Asrock, update your X300 series to AGESA 1.0.0.2a. People are starting to complain and I had to buy an MSI X370 Plus,

If you ever have issues with an ASrock bios, just contact their service desk. It is really that simple.
bios 4.70.PNG

Initial test of 1400mhz at 1.3v gpu and 1.2v SoC was Firestrike successful. Prior to this, 1300 Mhz would crash with Windows using Ryzen Master so this was not a simple feature unlock. Also, the ITX bios files are larger for some reason, so not just a cut and paste job either.

Well then. It looks like I will be buying ASRock for the foreseeable future. Special thanks to Pablo for making this happen.

Asrock ITX 4.70 released

If you ever have issues with an ASrock bios, just contact their service desk. It is really that simple.View attachment 93697

Initial test of 1400mhz at 1.3v gpu and 1.2v SoC was Firestrike successful. Prior to this, 1300 Mhz would crash with Windows using Ryzen Master so this was not a simple feature unlock. Also, the ITX bios files are larger for some reason, so not just a cut and paste job either.

Well then. It looks like I will be buying ASRock for the foreseeable future. Special thanks to Pablo for making this happen.
o nice it looks like you can adjust the video memory size as well? or at least thats what it looks like from the email. the buffer size have you tried that option yet?

At the bars now but I had a hard time increasing the buffer size. Really, it doesnt matter as it comes from the same pool. Timespy will just give an error message is all.

Asrock ITX 4.70 released

If you ever have issues with an ASrock bios, just contact their service desk. It is really that simple.View attachment 93697

it's still hit or miss with asrock.. they're no longer "officially" updating 300 series boards anymore, you just have to dig through beta bios and hope the one you get isn't complete dog shit.. it's pretty much luck of the draw with what you get for the 370x bios while the 400 series is constantly being updated with official bios, but we'll see how long that lasts.

as far as agesa 1.0.0.2a they've replaced it with 1.0.0.4 so you won't see the "2a" bios anywhere.

I just got an official update for my ASRock X370 Pro4 board. Updated to 1.0.0.4 and actually lets me use plain jane DDR4 3000 Cas 16 memory at XMP settings without knocking it down to 2933mhz.

Wow! 32GB at 3200MHz, that's pretty impressive.
Yeah, I am really happy with this system. It's my girlfriend's first "real" gaming PC that I put together for her and my first time building an AMD system since the dual core Athlon64 chips. I heard that the initial Ryzen release was a little rocky with motherboard and memory support but this has been pretty painless. Prior to the update I was stable at 2933 (XMP Profile 1), which was pretty good, but 3200MHz (XMP Profile 2) should give her a little boost in games.

Wow! 32GB at 3200MHz, that's pretty impressive.
Running 32gb 3300mhz currently on the C6H, still need to do more testing, ran memtest for 30 min - zero errors while doing other stuff. Will have to really test it before I call it good.

Update: 6 hours of Prime95 Balance (stresses memory more) is so far good, I will let it cook overnight. Initially it failed rather quick which prompted me to adjust some key settings for memory stability. If this passes 24 hours will share those key settings, at least the ones I've found to give ram stability at higher clock rates. This is with newest Bios update for the C6H. Best if I create separate thread for this and memory settings that work or at least try out.

Last edited:
So, update to my previous post. I was a bit premature in my declaration that 32GB at 3200MHz was stable on the 1.0.0.6 AGESA update. I was able to pass AIDA64 Extreme fine for ~2 hours and Windows ran without issue - which was a significant improvement over the previous BIOS - but my girlfriend had some crashes while gaming.

I set it back to 2933 for a while and just got around to playing with it again last night. After a few different tests and some toying with Ryzen DRAM Calculator, I was able to get 3200MHz stable.

I tried different timings but in the end the XMP profile for 3200 was fine. All I had to do was bump SoC voltage to 1.12v (AUTO was 1.1) and DRAM to 1.39v from 1.35v. Everything else is on auto with Precision Boost Overdrive enabled at that max settings. I ran HCI MemTest Pro overnight for 8 hours (600% memory coverage) with no errors detected. Initial playtests this morning went fine without crashes. Looks good now!

Last edited:
I had gaming issues also with my setup. I could pass memtest (USB boot) and 16 instances of HCI memtest (non-Pro version) when my memory was set to XMP (G.Skill 2x8GB 3466mhz Cas 16 B-die Ripjaws V). When I was playing AC: Odyssey it would crash the game after about 3 minutes (boat combat and using Eagle vision crashed instantly). Dropping the speed to 3200mhz, and no crashes. Go figure. It would also crash if I tried more aggressive Cas 14 3200mhz (FlareX timings). Oh well.

I had gaming issues also with my setup. I could pass memtest (USB boot) and 16 instances of HCI memtest (non-Pro version) when my memory was set to XMP (G.Skill 2x8GB 3466mhz Cas 16 B-die Ripjaws V). When I was playing AC: Odyssey it would crash the game after about 3 minutes (boat combat and using Eagle vision crashed instantly). Dropping the speed to 3200mhz, and no crashes. Go figure. It would also crash if I tried more aggressive Cas 14 3200mhz (FlareX timings). Oh well.
Try bumping up your SoC voltage first. What's it running at now?

Happy Birthday indeed heh

My X370 Titanium received an update Jan 31 that I missed! v1.K0 now.
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X370-XPOWER-GAMING-TITANIUM.html#down-bios
Download: http://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7A31v1K.zip
Description
- Improve memory compatibility.
- Improve compatibility with Bristol CPU.

Maybe this will help with my DDR4-3333 and higher speeds being unstable, though they tend to list specifically if it improves overclocking for memory or not, so it may not really do squat for me. Fingers crossed!

Yeah, Formula.350 I noticed about a week ago that MSI had some new BIOS updates (I haven't flashed in a while).

I went to the latest, and now the long boot times have been fixed. Better late than never.

Yeah, Formula.350 I noticed about a week ago that MSI had some new BIOS updates (I haven't flashed in a while).

I went to the latest, and now the long boot times have been fixed. Better late than never.
I really think it has something to do with your board, or your specific storage configuration... I've never experienced long boot times (excluding the long POST Codes diagnostic run-through). I think for my system, from the moment the POST procedure starts (be it cold boot or a restart), with my NVMe OS drive, a 6TB HGST, and... I think a 1TB Seagate is currently connected... It takes roughly 15secs for me to be on a functional desktop.

Even before my NVMe and 6TB, when I had an old SATA II 150GB Velociraptor and about 5 other HDDs, from the POST procedure to when Windows started loading my profile, it was roughly only 20 seconds. (to a working desktop, longer, but that was HDD's fault, not motherboard).

I've had no issues on every single BIOS revision in that regard. Then again, I also have been running BIOSes that I've saved via AMIBCP to unhide some stuff and (mainly) make my own changes to what is applied by default to save me time since profiles don't work from version to version (such a dumb thing, too). Now, I don't think that really has anything to do with it, given I'm not changing any actual code in terms of how anything works, simply flipping some bits.

Nevertheless, glad that it runs better for you now!!

Yeah, I think it had something to do with the Samsung NVMe drive, as at the time I found several people with the same boot drive with the same boot time issue.

Just to slightly cross-post (cliff note version): I think these are just the 12nm APUs that were rumored to release in April, ahead of Intel's new parts. So this will afford them some TDP headroom for higher clocks to thwart the reported much faster GPU in those Intel parts.

Can anyone provide any clarification as to why my motherboard (ASUS Prime B350 PLUS), which had got AGESA version 1.0.0.6a in June 2017, even hitting AGESA 1.0.7.1 in December 2017, was later regressed to version 1.0.0.0a in January 2018, then only crawling back up to 1.0.0.6?

Version history here.

Last edited:
Can anyone provide any clarification as to why my motherboard (ASUS Prime B350 PLUS), which had got AGESA version 1.0.0.6a in June 2017, even hitting AGESA 1.0.7.1 in December 2017, was later regressed to version 1.0.0.0a in January 2018, then only crawling back up to 1.0.0.6?

Version history here.

I think this is because AMD reused the AGESA numbers for Ryzen 2XXX CPUs.

Version history here.

Because the number is only a part of the AGESA version.

Every time AMD releases an AGESA supporting a new spin of chips, they change the prefix name to match the internal name of the chips and the actual number part of the version numbers reset. The new AGESA versions are backwards compatible with the old chips, but add support for the new chips. There have been releases for Summit Ridge (Ryzen 1xxx), Raven Ridge (Ryzen 2200G and 2400G), and Pinnacle (Ryzen 2xxx). The actual version of the current AGESA is PinnaclePi-1.0.0.6, adding support for Ryzen 2xxx.

It is super stupid confusing, but your B350-Plus has indeed been moving ever forward in AGESA versions :)

Asrock has an updated BIOS for the Asrock X470 Taichi, which I have, to support Ryzen 3000 series processors. They have not rolled out AGESA 0.0.7.2 to other boards yet so keep checking for updates. Launch is getting close.

Asus stepped up to the plate and gave a list. Asrock has most boards so far even the lowly AB350M-HDV when I done blown up that MSI (nonames) crap. Yeah, use beta BIOS at your own risk.

Another new BIOS for the Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi

ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI) BIOS 2304
1. Update AM4 ComboPI 0.0.7.2A for next-gen processors and to improve CPU compatibility

2. Fixed an issue with Precision Boost values

3. Improved memory compatibility

4. Enhance system security

ASUS strongly recommends installing AMD chipset driver 18.50.16 or later before updating to this BIOS version.

" Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (C7HWIFI.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."

Crosshair VI Hero now has BIOS 7002 which does the same thing as the Crosshair VII one (updated AGESA 0.0.7.2a and fixed PBO values)

The updated AGESA is also available for Asus Prime B350-Plus (BIOS 4801) and Prime X370-A (also BIOS 4801).

Reactions: Azrak
like this
Another new BIOS update for the Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi
ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI) BIOS 2703
1.Improve system performance.
2.Update AM4 Combo PI 1.0.0.3 Patch ABB
a.Fixes a compatibility issue with Destiny 2
b.Fixes an issue with certain Linux distros
c.Removes Gen 4 support when using Ryzen 3000 CPUs
3.Improves EZFlash performance to reduce boot time.

Whatever latest is for ASRock b450m-hdv just fired up a 1700x I got for my buddy's kids 1st gaming box/10thbday present.

Corsair 2x16gb cl16 lpx ran fine at XMP.
It didn't like 4ghz, but 3.9ghz all core it'll do all day long.

Just ran an hour's worth of BO4 kinda clocked

IMG_20190907_141413.jpg

Last edited:
Beta 3.88 for Asrock b450m pro4
Update AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4 Patch B

Back