Bios that allows Founders Edition cards to run at 0% fan speed?

gsilver

Gawd
This is a NVidia GTX 1070

I recently replaced the stock cooler with an Arctic Accelero Xtreme III, and it seems to allow a minimum fan speed of 27%.
While that's reasonably quiet, I really want a silent-at-idle build, so it's a bit disappointing.

Is there any way to do this, such as via a bios update?

My motherboard's fan headers are pretty much full, so that isn't really an option.

Edit:
Actually... The fan speed slider doesn't seem to change fan speed at all?
Something's not right here...

Edit 2:
I just combined my side fans and exhaust to the same header and put the GPU fans on the one that I opened up, then put the sensor to adjust the fan curve based on CPU temperature.
Near silent at idle now. Temps still look good.

Last edited:
What card? Those with GP102, such as the 1080 Ti, will not allow 0% fan speed even with a BIOS modification. To get around that you can try plugging the fans into a motherboard header and controlling it that way, instead.

Sorry for not specifying.
It's a GTX 1070
You can try a BIOS from one of the reference EVGA boards that use the ACX or iCX cooler. I'm pretty sure the fans go down to 0% on those.

08G-P4-5171-KR = EVGA GTX 1070 GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition
08G-P4-5173-KR = EVGA GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition (88 MHz higher base clock than OEM)
08G-P4-6171-KR = EVGA GTX 1070 GAMING ACX 3.0 (Thermal pad update)
08G-P4-6173-KR = EVGA GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 (Thermal pad update, 88 MHz higher base clock than OEM)
08G-P4-6571-KR = EVGA GTX 1070 GAMING iCX
08G-P4-6573-KR = EVGA GTX 1070 SC2 GAMING iCX (88 MHz higher base clock than OEM)

hi gsilver!

I'm having a similar problem. Did you find a solution?

Thank you and sorry for my bad English

Attila

I'm pretty sure it's designed to run like that. You can get a slient case to muffle the sound or put your case a few feet away.

bioses are locked down hard with those. no way to do what you want short of hooking them up to your mobo.

Back