Bios Oc Access for D975XBXLKR B305

I've been doing extensive research on how to O-clock my C2D e6400 with the D975XBXLKR B305 MoBo. I've bridged the OC Bios pins 2 & 3 which has not opened up fully the accessable options for stepping the FSB frequencies. I also updated to the latest Intel Bios.:(

Can somebody tell me where i'm giong wrong, I really want to OC for now until i can afford to upgrade to new 780i MoBo with a Q6600.

e6400 D975XBXLKR B305
EZcool 500w PSU
Ultra 4096mb PC4200 DDR2 533MHz
ATI Radeon X1900 GT 256Mb

Will resolder the pins as per the link attached again, I'll post a pic of the option on the bios. it did originally unlock a new section in advanced mode bios settings however I was unable to identify the FSB settings and mutliplier options.......I'll get back to you soon.

Thanks for the link

Will resolder the pins as per the link attached again, I'll post a pic of the option on the bios. it did originally unlock a new section in advanced mode bios settings however I was unable to identify the FSB settings and mutliplier options.......I'll get back to you soon.

Thanks for the link

The advanced menu is just the maintenance menu. You need to disable the Watchdog to be able to overclock. When you are done, just put the jumper back then reenter the menu and go in the Performance tab (my memory is a bit cloudy but it should be there).

Disable watchdog?????
sorry, how is that done, never read anything like that during my research on the subject?????

Please explain....

ok found out Watchdog is changing over the bios pin from 1-2 to 2-3. done.
however still getting the following......

Advnaced Menu , then next window

Defau;t Configuration Override, thenn ext window

Warning - altering clock frew blA BLA
Do you wish to coninue <no/yes>
Warning: these settings are intendedbla bla next window

Dafault CPU VID - Enable
CPU VID 1.4V
Enhance Power slope Disalbed

Host burn-in mode type - Positive
Host burn-in Mode Percentage - [0]
FSB Freq overide - Default (options are 533, 667, etc)
PCI Burn-in mode - default
PCI exp burn in mode - Default
MCH Voltage Override - daufault
Front side bus Voltage overide - default

thats allll

Rigth not exzctly the overclocing options i've been researching however, it is bumping the Ghz up.
standard Intel cpu fan-

Host burn-in % - CPUID voltage set 1.275V
0% = 2.13ghz core temp idle/load 54C/68C
30% = 2.77ghz = 54C/75C

Temp measurements with intel TAT - verified with speedfan
my question,
the idle is hot without oc'ing, heatsing+Fan problem or Lemon CPU....????

what's the best cooling option, something that i can use again OC'ing a Q6600 (since it's a 1/4 the price of the Q9 series) when i finally get it in the next month or so.???? should i just get a 680i Mobo or should i wait to get my hands on a 780i---however - then the 780i come with the problem of upgrading memory from ddr2 - ddr3,,,,dilema dilema dilema....?

Back